Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you Often resort to CHEATS/FAQs/CODES etc ?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Do you Often resort to CHEATS/FAQs/CODES etc ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-01, 12:42 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
how often do you visit sites like http://www.gamefaqs.com ?

do you wait until you are really stuck ?

or do you just to make the game easier from the start ?
Old 03-16-01, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually don't touch cheat codes unless i already beat a game or discoved as much as i possibly can.
Old 03-16-01, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I try to make sure I am totally stuck before I go for a guide. If you use the guides too much it takes a lot of the fun out of searching around and discovering things yourself.
Old 03-16-01, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use them occasionally, but only as a last resort.
Old 03-16-01, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.segasages.com is a pretty good site for codes too
Old 03-16-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,260 Likes on 838 Posts
I never use cheat codes. I sometimes use a game's walkthru if I really get stuck.
Old 03-17-01, 01:36 AM

Use them every chance I get.
Old 03-17-01, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I usually don't touch cheat codes unless i already beat a game or discoved as much as i possibly can.

Thank you!!!! I have said it before....and I will say it again!!!! Why are so many gamers(younger)of today always resorting to cheats, hints etc....as soon as they come through the front door with a new game??? I have a step-son who also has other friends around his age(14)who do not understand the concept of.......play the game until you have beaten the game....ALL BY YOURSELF!!!!! What is the point of entering invincibility codes, unlimited ammo, all weapons etc......from the very beginning of a game when you have just purchased it?? I can understand after one has beaten a game as I have.....to want to use some cheats and obtain every weapon possible and act like the Terminator....but not when you just start playing a game for the first time!!!
Old 03-17-01, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Same here, kinda feels dirty to cheat
Old 03-17-01, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I always try and do as much as I possibly can before I resort to guides or whatever. If I get totally stuck, and I still can't figure out how to get past a particular bit, I'll look at the guide just for help getting past that one little bit. Half the time it'll be something that's so obvious I'm dumbfounded by my own stupidity at not trying it, the rest of the time it's something so off-the-wall I never would have thought of it under my own steam. But anyway, I like to do as much as possible without resorting to guides. Most games I can manage to plough through without looking at the guides more than a couple of times. But I really don't get the logic of people who want to use a walkthrough guide the first time they play a game. Half the fun of a new game is trying to figure out how to solve the little puzzles that litter the environment, once you take them away it basically becomes a button-pressing excercise, and where's the fun in that?
Old 03-17-01, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll only use those if i'm stuck to the point of either getting the answer online or quitting.
Old 03-18-01, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Only if I'm stuck or really ticked off. I have a friend that buys a 50 dollar game with the cheat book. Goes Home and finishes it in an hour or two! Whats the point?
Old 03-19-01, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I suddenly realize that I am no longer having fun playing, due to being stuck in one place for an hour, I'll resort to a walkthrough. I never use cheat codes until after I'm bored with and/or finished with a game, as a way of getting a little more game time out of a game I'd otherwise shelve.
Old 03-19-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yes, i don't usually resort to cheating, but once in a while, when a game comes where i suck it up, then i cheat all the way.