Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old game thoughts... Game 5: Might and Magic

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-01, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might and Magic I and II are two of my favorite RPG's. I was in 6th grade when the first one came out. There were many days were I would play sick to stay home from school, and as soon as my parents left for work, I fired up the C64 and was glued to the TV playing the game.

I beat the first game in about a year. This thing was huge. At the end of the game it gave the companies address and a score to send in. I did, and received a letter, signed by the president of New World Computing, telling me I did a great job and to look for part 2 in stores soon. When I found out there was a second one coming, I was so fired up. I begged my parents and finally made a deal with them that I would paint the fence and shed in exchange for the money to get the game.

Part 2 was huge. The graphics were better (for that time). There were so many monsters and weapons. I did beat this one too, but never went on to part 3. My C64 died before the third on came out. Later in life I revisited the series and beat 6 and 7, but the first two will always be my favorite in the series.
Old 03-11-01, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember MM5, or maybe it was 3 or 6, I forget now, you could if you "strafed" , walked sideways, go over the hills and everything with no problems so I'd take my low level guys and go way far and find treasure... hehe. Same thing in 6, I'd fly far far away to find chests and the items in there were like 5-7 levels higher than what I'd get where I was.