Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Which Videogames have u played to COMPLETION ?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Which Videogames have u played to COMPLETION ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-01, 02:46 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking about games which take a while to get through

which ones have u played to absolute completion ?

i'm not patient enough usually. I've only done Tekken 3, Grand Turismo and Fifa 2000 to completion
Old 03-05-01, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oni, a couple of the red alert / total annihilation games, halflife, doom (1), Wolfenstein..

Want to finish the hobbit for zx spectrum (ts-2000) but have neither the computer nor the game
Old 03-05-01, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm sure i finished many when i was younger and could actually spend 4 days in a row playing games nearly non-stop. can't seem to remember which ones though. on the pc i know i finished several of the space quest series as well as leisure suit larry.
Old 03-05-01, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I played Final fantasy III 4 days with just about 8 hours mixed in that four day period time... I loved that game.... and got lost in the middle of it.. which if you remember any old final fantasy game, if you got lost, you stayed lost for a day...
Old 03-05-01, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amiga- Rick Dangerous and one other I can't remember

PC- Command and Conquer, Curse of Monkey Island, Wolfenstein, Half-Life, The Lurking Horror (infocom), X-com UFO defense, maybe one or two others.

NES- Metroid, Zelda, Zelda II, Kid Icarus, Super Mario Brothers

SNES- Super Metroid, Zelda

PSX, N64- There must have been one.. or maybe not.

If Nintendo were to release a 1000 dollar videogame system and then release a sequal to metroid, I would buy that system.

Old 03-05-01, 03:03 AM

The original Contra
Old 03-05-01, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
SNES - Super MarioKart

N64 - MarioKart64

[Edited by namja on 03-05-01 at 01:18 AM]
Old 03-05-01, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh I did a couple of the space quests too..

And monkey island!! Guybrush forever!!
Old 03-05-01, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Half-life

(game kicked ass, and i couldn't be pulled away from screen)

Wolfenstein (also spear of destiny)
Old 03-05-01, 04:37 AM

opps forget i did leisure suit larry as well (needed a bit of help at points) and did Space quest as well. there were a few tricky bits in those sierra games

now the Hobbit on the spectrum, classic stuff indeed
Old 03-05-01, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, there is no way I can even begin to list off all the games that I've beaten. LOL, there's just no way.

Suffice it to say, if it's adventure or role playing (PC or console), there's a very good chance I've beaten it.

-Matt
Old 03-05-01, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just remembered a whole era of PC games which I finished. Eye of the Beholder, Alone in the Dark, D/Generation (one of the best ever), and whichever Leisure Suit Larry had you invent Eunuchs as an operating system near the end.
Old 03-05-01, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FF7 ... three times.

FF8 ... once everything. (First time, I didn't do EVERYTHING. There's quite a bit of extra stuff to do.)
Old 03-05-01, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have beaten far too many to list here. I beat many more games when I was younger on my Atari 2600, 7800, NES, Master System, Genesis and SNES than I do nowadays with my N64, DC and PS2. Games have gotten far longer as the years go by and although that is great it really sucks because I now have no time to beat all my games...heh.
Old 03-05-01, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Matthew
Wow, there is no way I can even begin to list off all the games that I've beaten. LOL, there's just no way.
I agree. I'm appalled at how many games must be played and not finished here.
Old 03-05-01, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh shoot! Forgot about the PC games too...beaten many of those too (RTS, Adventure, Action, RPG, etc.).
Old 03-05-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Duke Nuke Em.
Old 03-05-01, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NES: Zelda, Final Fantasy, Super Mario 2, Super Mario 3

SNES: Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, Mystic Quest, Zelda, Super Mario World, Breath of Fire 2, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia, Lufia 2, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana

PSX: Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Legend of Mana, Legend of Legaia, Lunar: SSS, Parasite Eve
Old 03-05-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I am sure I've finished many more games than these, but this is all I can remember. On some games I played them through with friends or lately with my wife.

NES: Dragon Warrior I&II, Super Mario Bros 1-3, Ninja Gaiden, Side Pocket, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Zelda 1&2, Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Double Dragon, Metroid.

Genesis: Phantasy Star 2&3, Sonic, Star Control.

Sega CD: Lunar, Lunar Eternal Blue, Vay, Snatcher, Jurassic Park, Dracula Unleashed, Shining Force CD.

SNES: Zelda, Lufia, Illusion of Gaia, Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, FF IV, Super Mario World, Earthbound, Super Metroid.

3DO: Lucienne's Quest, Star Control II, Guardian War, Blade Force, Wing Commander III, Captain Quazar, Casper, Cyberia, D, Daedalus Encounter, Doctor Hauzer, Dragon Lore, Killing Time, Kingdom the Far Reaches, Lost Eden, Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, Myst, Po'ed, Policenauts, Psychic Detective, Shockwave, Shockwave 2, Snow Job, Starfighter.

Saturn: Dracula X: Nocturne of Moonlight, Lunacy, Magic Knight Rayearth, Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Wisdom, Shining in the Holy Ark.

Playstation: Brave Fencer Mushasi, Breath of Fire III, Broken Sword 1&2, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy V-VIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Echo Night, Elemental Gearbolt, Grandia, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Lunar Silver Star Story, Parasite Eve, Resident Evil 1&2, Riven, Saga Frontier 1&2, Front Mission III, Thousand Arms, Rhapsody, Vagrant Story.

N64: Super Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Kart, F Zero X.

Dreamcast: Shenmue, Evolution, Skies of Arcadia.

Game Boy: Final Fantasy Adventure, Final Fantasy Legend 1-3, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Golf, Legend of the River King, Pokemon.

Neo Geo Pocket: Bio Motor Unitron, Card Fighter's Clash.

[Edited by darkside on 03-05-01 at 02:05 PM]
Old 03-05-01, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many, many more:

Wasteland
Might and Magic 1,2,6,7
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness
Baulder's Gate
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Mechwarrior 1,2
Diablo 1,2
Syndicate
Blade Runner
Sanitarium

Old 03-05-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I were to list them all, I would cause a server crash using up all the free space (yes, even with just the text!). I typically don't start another game of the same genre until I've fully finished with the one I'm on. Example, I could be working on FF9, Gran Turismo 3, and Conkers Bad Fur Day at the same time, but couldn't start a new RPG, Racer, or Adventure game until the associated one was finished.
Old 03-05-01, 07:26 PM

gee there are some gaming addicts here !
Old 03-05-01, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Theres too many too mention, especially if were talking about all the games from every console ive had or have. I usually feel that my money is not well spent if i dont finish the game completely, it makes me kinda depressed.
Old 03-05-01, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Genesis: Altered Beast, Shadow Dancer, Afterburner II, ESWAT, Golden Axe, Midnight Resistance, Pit Fighter, Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Street Smarts, Sonic, Terminator 2 Arcade, Mortal Kombat, DJ Boy, Dune, Buck Rodgers, WWF Raw, WWF Wrestlmania, and once again a whole bunch more that I forget.

SNES: Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, Contra 3, Mortal Kombat 2, Super Street Fighter Turbo.

Gameboy - Mario Adventure, Castlevania the adventure, Motocross Maniacs, Double Dragon, Spider-man(the old version), Star WArs, and more I forget about.

Neo Geo Pocket - Match of the Millenium, Metal Slug, Samuri Showdown.

Old 03-05-01, 09:21 PM

Way too many to mention. Usually I do try to finish one before buying a new one though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.