Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS2 In Northern CA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-01, 12:19 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, does anyone from the Solano CA area know of any stores with Playstation 2's in stock? and if so, do you know how much they are being sold for? I just got my tax returns so i'm looking for one.
Old 02-24-01, 12:40 AM

Well ... I don't have any info on the availability of ps2's in Northern CA, but I will tell u that a ps2 is not the best way to play DVD's.

I have a ps2 and use it to watch DVD's on my tv at school, but I would much rather be watching on my real DVD player. The ps2 is meant for games, and while it still does a totally adequate job for watching DVD's, that is still not its main purpose.

As I'm sure most DVD Talk regulars would agree, If you are serious about DVD then get a serious DVD player.

A couple annoying things about DVD Playback on ps2 ...

Remote Control - have to buy it extra, and its still not as feature rich as a normal DVD player remote.

System Menus - not very well designed and lacking in options.

Front Panel - there is none!! so u can't see track numbers, or running time, or anything

Anyway ... In the end I would think this question belongs in a gaming forum, but hopefully the comments will be helpful.
Old 02-24-01, 12:43 AM
Banned

Moving to VideoGame Talk Forum....
Old 02-27-01, 10:53 AM
Cool New Member

move up
Old 02-27-01, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PresidentPez,

I do not live in California, but I can give you a little hint of where to find a PS2. I've gone to a few Best Buys around my area after hearing a rumor that Best Buy is actually putting their PS2s in the back because of security issues. Sure enough, a couple of the Best Buys around here (I live in the HQs state) had PS2s in stock, but you had to ask for them. They do not make a point of giving you any indication that you have to ask them for it though. I am also guessing many other retailers are doing this same thing. But if you have a Best Buy around, try that route.