Reload this Page >

Helldivers 2 (PS5, PC)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Helldivers 2 (PS5, PC)

Old 02-18-24, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Helldivers 2 (PS5, PC)

A guy at my work kept gushing about this game. I checked some videos out and decided to purchase. Started playing a few days ago on PS5 and definitely worth it. Im not big into online games but PVE is what i prefer. It for sure inspired by Starship Troopers.

Is anyone else here playing? my PSN nane is bauer83

"Make Super America Bug Free Again!"
Old 02-18-24, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,013 Likes on 837 Posts
Re: Helldivers 2 (PS5, PC)

I definitely got a Starship Troopers vibe from the ad. Looks good but havenít pulled the trigger to buy.
Old 02-18-24, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,165 Likes on 4,195 Posts

I got it but have barely played it yet since I was out of town. Looks good. I liked the first one a decade or whenever it came out. This is much different, but itís a cool game.
Seems like a big hit on PC, Sonyís biggest so far in that space (and, I think, their first day-and-date PC launch). Theyíve apparently had some launch hiccups. Once they get straightened out (or maybe they already have), this could be a popular game.
Not crazy about the microtransactions, but I guess thatís the business model for everything now, and at least itís totally playable without spending any more.
Old 02-18-24, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
. Theyíve apparently had some launch hiccups. Once they get straightened out (or maybe they already have), this could be a popular game.
Not crazy about the microtransactions, but I guess thatís the business model for everything now, and at least itís totally playable without spending any more.
The current servers are unable to hold the amount of people trying to log in and play (over 350k !)
I only been able to get in late in the evening.

Haven't spent anything extra since the grind is fun and apparently battle passes don't expire. They have a free and premium battle pass.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (02-21-24)
Old 02-18-24, 06:07 PM

Yeah, Servers Are Full, Please Try Later.
WTF is that? That is completely unacceptable. They better compensate with a good freebie for that BS.
Old 02-22-24, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

When is the last time you saw a Dev tell everyone not to buy their game.....

Helldivers 2 Lead Is Telling People Not To Buy Until Servers Are Fixed ..... Helldivers 2 Lead Is Telling People Not To Buy Until Servers Are Fixed (thegamer.com)
Old 02-22-24, 08:50 AM

Honestly whether you own it or you don't, it doesn't seem to make any difference in your ability to play this game.
Old 02-22-24, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I've played quite a bit of this one, all with randoms, and have had a great time. Picked it up at launch and never had any connectivity issues until late last week. It was impossible to get connected unless it was "off-peak" hours, so from early morning to early afternoon.

Jumped on this evening just to see how it was doing, and had no issues getting connected and into games right away.

It gets pretty repetitive after a couple matches so I'm never on for more than an hour or so, but there's still some nice variety between the different biomes, objectives, weapons, and stratagems.

If they can continue to improve the matchmaking process, and keep up with the maintenance, I could see keeping this installed for a while. So far it's been a great game to play when I want to take a break from my main game, which is Final Fantasy XVI these days.
Old 02-29-24, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 188 Likes on 126 Posts

I keep hearing about this damn game. I might have to check it out.
Old 02-29-24, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts

I really don't get what all the fuss is about. Like it is an ok game, but is very repetitive. I don't understand why the game has blown up the way it has.
Old 02-29-24, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 904 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I really don't get what all the fuss is about. Like it is an ok game, but is very repetitive. I don't understand why the game has blown up the way it has.
Twitch streamers. Everyone wants to be doing/playing the same things they see being streamed.
Music (02-29-24)
Old 02-29-24, 03:10 PM

It's not very deep and is repetitive, I agree. But it's fun at least and it's cool that it's such a popular PvE game rather than PvP. Much less toxic experience.
K&AJones (03-01-24)
Old 03-01-24, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I've yet to fire this game up...been playing Skull & Bones and don't agree at all with a lot of the Bad Reviews but, for those who have played any tips before jumping straight in and a few questions....

I assume for solo players there is a sort of, Matchmaking where you can join three others?

I've seen reports where players are getting kicked from squads because they don't have some OP Loadout?
Old 03-01-24, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

its a bit of a learning curve (steep but short), but you should figure it out after 4-5 matches. I jumped in pretty cold, played 2-3 matches. then went to youtube and watched a couple Beginner guide videos, and then I got the hang of it after a couple more matches.

I'd recommend going to the Galaxy Map, and hitting quickplay, it will add you to a match.
Old 03-02-24, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I just picked this up today since my friends have been playing it. You can get it (Steam code) from Green Man Gaming for $33.19 with the coupon code "MAR17"