Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - 11/10/2023

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-23, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - 11/10/2023

Okay, so I picked up MWIII. I leveled up to 25 and unlocked the armory unlocks. I set it to the MCW Assault Rifle since it is part of my weekly challenges. I finished the 3 daily's to unlock it. Now when I try to equip it to my weapons load out it still shows locked until level 44. I thought that was the purpose of the armory unlocks so you get items early (or it's the only way to unlock certain items)?
Old 11-13-23, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I played a bit of MP this weekend and it's fun in small bursts. Tons of people clearly on M&K or Zen but at least you can respawn (unlike Rainbow Six Siege). I will say, while I like the throwback maps, the vastness of them is frustrating. Aside from Rust, most maps are so large it's usually just a sniping-fest.
Old 11-15-23, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

The amount of complaining about this game is pretty crazy but I get it, Activision does it to themselves. I'm just use to them fixing everything a bit down the road after a release but I also agree, the damn game should just be solid out of the gate (even with any day one patches).

With that said, I personally loved the campaign. I don't think people understand that the "Weapons free" (free roam) missions are designed to play many ways - you play them how you see fit, you can do stealth, guns blazing, etc. I took the "alternative" route meaning I wanted to be experimental with how I did the objectives. For example, instead of waiting on finding a kill streak or other obvious way to take out the choppers on one of the weapons free missions, I used the small propane cannisters - you pick them up, light them then throw them at the chopper and shoot them. I thought they were a fresh take on the campaign, but with that said, they felt REALLY locked down at times meaning you get detected very easily.

The multiplayer maps are outstanding - they really added a lot of environment effects to bring them to life to more. With that said, TTK, hit detection, etc. all need to be majorly improved. There are issues with weapons loadouts as well where when you go to add an attachment to a weapon, it kicks you out to the main screen - unacceptable.

War mode is f'n awesome, you really feel part of a team while playing. Very nice update there.

To those saying it's a 70 dollar DLC. I completely disagree - it's a brand-new game. It plays a lot different and feels even somewhat fresh. Movement feels much improved as well as gunplay.

Zombies - worth buying the game for alone - the open world is awesome and this time out, the zombies even provide jump scares at times. Also, if you hop in solo and die, you will be prompted if you want to make a "plea" for help, basically, you will stay downed but won't die for the remainder of the time until other people find you - no matter where you're at, people can track you down and it's awesome. The exfil (when it comes time to evacuate in the chopper to close out the game) is so great a HUGE zombie hoard spawns and you have to take them out until the chopper is ready to take off. There is really is a ton of potential for this mode now. I've always hated Zombies but I love this one.

I really like it and I'm glad I bought it. Something a bit funny: I pre-ordered it on gamestop to get the steelbook (I've become a big steelbook collector of games and movies) and only the game arrived in the mail. I emailed them and they said I needed to print out my receipt and take it toa local GameStop - though that was lame as supplies were limited. Called my local gamestop and the girl that answered said "yeah we got 'em, just show up and I'll give you one, I'm trying to get rid of them" showed up, asked if she wanted my receipt, she said no and just gave it to me lol.
Old 12-26-23, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Kamar de los Reyes, who was a voice actor in this series, died of cancer. He played Raul Menendez.

Old 01-06-24, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

The sparse checkpoints in the campaign’s open combat missions are kinda driving me nuts. It’s no fun to feel like I’m making significant progress and then having to restart an entire mission or at least half of one when I make a mistake.