DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Detective Pikachu Returns (10/6/23: Nintendo Switch) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/658247-detective-pikachu-returns-10-6-23-nintendo-switch.html)

The Questyen 09-14-23 07:00 PM

Detective Pikachu Returns (10/6/23: Nintendo Switch)

I never played the original game since I never really cared for handhelds so I had hoped the original would be ported to the Switch but a sequel for the Switch is just as good. Looks more interesting to me than the recent mainline Pokémon games.

Looks like IGN released a preview a week or so ago:

GatorDeb 09-14-23 07:02 PM

Re: Detective Pikachu Returns (10/6/23: Nintendo Switch)

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 14322804)
since I never really cared for handhelds so I had hoped the original would be ported to the Switch

-confused-

The Questyen 09-14-23 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 14322806)
-confused-

The Switch is a hybrid system that I play docked through my tv. I never play it in handheld mode. That wasn't an option for most previous Nintendo handhelds.

The Questyen 10-06-23 06:36 PM

Picked it up today so I'll have a bunch of time to play it this weekend. Reviews are for the most part mixed but all the negatives I've seen have been about the game not being very challenging (which I don't care about) and the graphics being a step down from other Pokémon games which again doesn't bother me if the game is fun to play so we will see.

The Questyen 10-14-23 11:58 AM

Just wrapped it up this morning. The story is fairly interesting and goes in places that you don't see in Pokémon games but the game itself is pretty underwhelming. With the sheer amount of dialogue and the lack of interesting gameplay it was tough to play this for more than an hour at a time with out falling asleep. Not bad but pretty middle of the road.

nickdawgy 10-17-23 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 14336631)
Just wrapped it up this morning. The story is fairly interesting and goes in places that you don't see in Pokémon games but the game itself is pretty underwhelming. With the sheer amount of dialogue and the lack of interesting gameplay it was tough to play this for more than an hour at a time with out falling asleep. Not bad but pretty middle of the road.

You’re pretty underwhelming.

The Questyen 10-17-23 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 14338197)
You’re pretty underwhelming.

I'm sure my wife would agree with you.