Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Old 07-13-23, 12:16 PM
  #526  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,816
Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

My necro is level 52 and I have all legendaries on WT2. They usually drop pretty easily from events or really hard bosses.
The following 2 users liked this post by nickdawgy:
gerrythedon (01-15-24), K&AJones (07-14-23)
Old 07-13-23, 02:01 PM
  #527  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 6,223
Likes: 0
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

How do I get to the second Paragon board? I just hit lvl 59 with my sorceress.
Old 07-13-23, 02:12 PM
  #528  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by dom56
How do I get to the second Paragon board? I just hit lvl 59 with my sorceress.
You have to reach the connecting two points and choose one of the 9 different boards available for your class.

One point in the outgoing and another in the incoming one.
Old 07-13-23, 02:25 PM
  #529  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I run my "Second barb" when no-one is around...like last night no-one was on after 8:30.....and I run Main barb when Tim gets on so we can tag-team on Whisper, Helltide and doing Dungeons....and tim is still struggling some with his Necro...I sent him some links to various 'Summoner Builds" which I think he's trying to make work......he died a bit more running just normal Dungeons. he might need to adjust either Skills, Gear but also I asked him if he was following a Paragon tree guide and said no, he' just making it up.....yea he's just Level 69 but seems like he needs a bit of Build Guidance and Direction....

I'm convinced my "Thorn Tank Barb" will be good for groups in high tier stuff...at Level 55 in T3 I can stand there and play whack-a-mole with any elites and bosses while everyone else takes there shots...I'm loading up on Strength, Life, Thorns, Damage Reductions and as of now mainly using Three Shouts, Steel Grasp to pull in and Frenzy...no Ultimate, No Core....and I'm surviving...solo though, it's taking some time to take down...but yea, I'll grab Main Barb when ya'll are on..
Iím not saying anything unless he ask. I already told him that to run an effective Minion build in T4, he needs the Ring of Mendln Unique. Until then, he needs to see which is the best at the moment until he gets the right drop. Thereís so many possibilities for the NecromancerÖ
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-14-23)
Old 07-14-23, 06:03 AM
  #530  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,920
Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Iím not saying anything unless he ask. I already told him that to run an effective Minion build in T4, he needs the Ring of Mendln Unique. Until then, he needs to see which is the best at the moment until he gets the right drop. Thereís so many possibilities for the NecromancerÖ
He needs some advice...last night in Helltide, normal dungeons and a Boss, he died alot.....and i could hear his frustration....heck the Boss battle he died like 4 times alone. He mentioned he needs to look at....something...and I said maybe check your resist and damage reductions. Not sure what his gear is, his setup and how his paragon board is going....on the plus side he hit 70. Before I get on he has been running his low level Druid and seems to have found hope there saying he's doing far more now than before ....

I wanted to try some low level ND's but not sure with him struggling in normal dungeons. heck, I told him that i even need to redo some of my gear which I'm trying to find more Damage Reduction and more Fire and Poison Resistance....i've sent him some names on some Necro videos to at least get some ideas...a Bone Spear minion, a Blood Orb....I might need some help getting him in a group and doing some medium ND's or doing a Helltide group Run...that was fun the other night...
Old 07-14-23, 09:26 AM
  #531  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by K&AJones
He needs some advice...last night in Helltide, normal dungeons and a Boss, he died alot.....and i could hear his frustration....heck the Boss battle he died like 4 times alone. He mentioned he needs to look at....something...and I said maybe check your resist and damage reductions. Not sure what his gear is, his setup and how his paragon board is going....on the plus side he hit 70. Before I get on he has been running his low level Druid and seems to have found hope there saying he's doing far more now than before ....

I wanted to try some low level ND's but not sure with him struggling in normal dungeons. heck, I told him that i even need to redo some of my gear which I'm trying to find more Damage Reduction and more Fire and Poison Resistance....i've sent him some names on some Necro videos to at least get some ideas...a Bone Spear minion, a Blood Orb....I might need some help getting him in a group and doing some medium ND's or doing a Helltide group Run...that was fun the other night...
He needs to see what appropriate gear he has for the 3 different builds that may help him at this stage: Bone, Blood or Shadow. Thereís no need to do a hybrid for now as the minions provide better support with their sacrifice.

He needs to take a look of one of people who has those builds in Maxroll and use it as a guideline. Thatís what I have been doing.
Old 07-14-23, 09:27 AM
  #532  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Good for him to keep trying with the Minions but without the ring, itís pointless.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-15-23)
Old 07-14-23, 09:57 AM
  #533  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Here is a pro tip for the World Boss fight: if you are not happy with your grouping for the fight, teleport back to town, wait a few seconds and when you go back, it will be a different group of players.
Old 07-14-23, 12:29 PM
  #534  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Currently playing a Rogue Flurry Poison build by Wudijo in Hardcore and I like it. Iím currently level 31.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/f...leveling-guide

I got a couple of Legendary gears and everything else is Rare. I do have the right affixes for my build though. Iím doing mainly sidequests, Tree of Whispers and World events. Iím not going to Dungeons too much as I donít really want to encounter the Butcher.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-15-23)
Old 07-15-23, 02:20 PM
  #535  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 6,223
Likes: 0
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Well this is weird, I load up my Ice Shards Blizzard sorceress and found my spells all mixed up and both enchantment slots empty. Have I been hacked?
Old 07-16-23, 06:39 AM
  #536  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,920
Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by dom56
Well this is weird, I load up my Ice Shards Blizzard sorceress and found my spells all mixed up and both enchantment slots empty. Have I been hacked?

Can't say on that one...that's a new one....however lately I've been having Cut-in & out with my wireless headphones...like I might as well be 20ft away. don't know if it's game, party or dashboard but it's random. Friday I got kicked three times and yesterday saw a few instances of lag & rubber-banding.... I'll check official forums and see if others ae having issues...

This week one friend is away till Thursday but another says he wants to do some Low Level Nightmare Dungeons...I'm not quite at doing anything around level 30 solo but if anyone wants toto get in a group and run Level 21 to 28 we can just to get points in your Glyps.....or if you need help running campaign stuff or Helltide or Whisper Quests, just send a message.... I'm tying to get my Thorn barb up to 60 where I have plenty of gear waiting so I can help. She's doing pretty good, I jumped in a World Boss at level 56, parked under them the whole time and didn't die....not seeing any huge damage numbers but she is there for group play to argo and buff others with shouts....
Old 07-16-23, 08:10 AM
  #537  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,196
Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

I'm looking to get my low level Rogue quickly leveled. If anyone is willing to help me then please let me know. My cousin has his character in the low 40s.
Old 07-16-23, 08:39 PM
  #538  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,816
Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

I am now level 54 and still doing side quests. I think I am almost done with the campaign though, but I still haven't got a horse

Anyway, I heard that turning the difficulty to the easiest setting on WT1 would be more beneficial to leveling up? Does this mean in general or only to 50? I read that the 20% bonus XP from WT2 isn't worth the extra time it takes to kill stronger enemies. But I suspect that on WT1 less legendaries (if any at all) drop?

What are the pros and cons of switching? I'm not having a difficult time at all on WT2.
Old 07-17-23, 12:41 AM
  #539  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 6,223
Likes: 0
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Legandaries drop are pretty low in WT1 if you feeling confindence on you chararacter go to WT3 for more chance on more legendaries drop.
Old 07-17-23, 04:28 AM
  #540  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,816
Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Yeah I’ll do that. I have to finish the campaign before the season starts anyway.
Old 07-17-23, 06:40 AM
  #541  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,920
Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I am now level 54 and still doing side quests. I think I am almost done with the campaign though, but I still haven't got a horse

Anyway, I heard that turning the difficulty to the easiest setting on WT1 would be more beneficial to leveling up? Does this mean in general or only to 50? I read that the 20% bonus XP from WT2 isn't worth the extra time it takes to kill stronger enemies. But I suspect that on WT1 less legendaries (if any at all) drop?

What are the pros and cons of switching? I'm not having a difficult time at all on WT2.
First...Get The Horse...it's a huge quality of life in the game in several ways...getting around the map, openihng up areas and by-passing groups and mobs is worth it...plus you can run over items laying around and pickup without getting off the horse...best thing that ever has happened in any diablo Game period...

Personally it's up to the individual on how comfortable they are dying vs surviving in which Tier they want to play....T1 is entry and frankly should be bumped up to T2 after around level 15 which is where the Classes unlock their special perks....However I will say Druids have the worse and hardest to unlock vs the others classes which might be easier to call on friends to help out...they have to conquer a Stronghold and not a easy one at that....

A breakdown of the Tiers Explained.... Diablo 4 world tiers explained, and how to change difficulty | PC Gamer

Essentially...T1 no XP Bonus....T2 a 20% XP bonus.....T3 a 100% XP Bonus and T4 a 200% XP Bonus....but with each level up, it takes more and more XP to reach the next level. Some would do normal stuff at a higher Tier and then drop it one for a Dungeon especially if running solo. I felt the difficulty going from T1 to T2 to T3 was about right as you leveled up and gained more in your skill tree...but from T3 to T4 is no joke and more of a shocker at around level 60 to early 60's
Old 07-17-23, 11:44 AM
  #542  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I am now level 54 and still doing side quests. I think I am almost done with the campaign though, but I still haven't got a horse

Anyway, I heard that turning the difficulty to the easiest setting on WT1 would be more beneficial to leveling up? Does this mean in general or only to 50? I read that the 20% bonus XP from WT2 isn't worth the extra time it takes to kill stronger enemies. But I suspect that on WT1 less legendaries (if any at all) drop?

What are the pros and cons of switching? I'm not having a difficult time at all on WT2.
You get the horse at the beginning of Act 2 so if you donít have it yet, unfortunately you are far from being done with the campaign.
Old 07-17-23, 11:46 AM
  #543  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NH
Posts: 8,929
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
You get the horse at the beginning of Act 2 so if you donít have it yet, unfortunately you are far from being done with the campaign.
Wasn't it Act 4?
Old 07-17-23, 11:47 AM
  #544  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

I took a self imposed break from this game after my level 49 hardcore rogue died with 25% left to get to 50.

I did create another hardcore character and will update the game tomorrow and login.

Iím still undecided if I want to do S1 or not.
Old 07-17-23, 11:49 AM
  #545  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by Music
Wasn't it Act 4?
We were both wrong. Itís Act 3.

Edit - Actually, you are right. Itís near the end of 3 and the beginning of 4.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 05:42 AM
  #546  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,920
Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I took a self imposed break from this game after my level 49 hardcore rogue died with 25% left to get to 50.

I did create another hardcore character and will update the game tomorrow and login.

Iím still undecided if I want to do S1 or not.

I'm passing on Season 1...well at least at the beginning. This being the First Season, I'll do a wait & see plus sure there will be issues and complaints and bugs and nerfs to buffs...no rush, still needing to get Main to 100, move up 2nd Barb and go back to Druid and maybe another class. And we've yet to unlock, find and see everything....there's plenty of areas I unlocked during Night and going back in Daytime has got me to really appreciate and explore...seriously, this game really looks amazing....even though showing opened up I feel I've only seen about 1/2 The Swap area....
Old 07-18-23, 03:33 PM
  #547  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Lots of changes for Season 1 and beyondÖ

Old 07-18-23, 04:19 PM
  #548  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NH
Posts: 8,929
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

TLDR All players are less powerful, so it will take longer to kill things.
The following users liked this post:
Ginwen (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 05:21 PM
  #549  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Ginwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 7,391
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'm passing on Season 1...well at least at the beginning. This being the First Season, I'll do a wait & see plus sure there will be issues and complaints and bugs and nerfs to buffs...no rush, still needing to get Main to 100, move up 2nd Barb and go back to Druid and maybe another class. And we've yet to unlock, find and see everything....there's plenty of areas I unlocked during Night and going back in Daytime has got me to really appreciate and explore...seriously, this game really looks amazing....even though showing opened up I feel I've only seen about 1/2 The Swap area....
I said I wouldn't before, but now I think I will play the free part just to get a better sense of how it works (I played D3 but really early and never played seasons at all), but I'm only 71 or so, so would kind of rather keep working on that character. As far as the cosmetics, I really don't care as I have plenty of options (and it's a top down view so not all that visible).
Old 07-18-23, 05:26 PM
  #550  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,673
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Yep there were changes alright. The biggest one is I just uninstalled. Fuck Blizzard. As if it wasn't bad enough for Sorc even at lvl 100. I played Helltide for 15 minutes killed at least 5 groups of mobs and did entire event and had only 15 cinders total. That's way under half what would drop before..fuck this I'm out.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.