S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-02-22, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

From E3 2021

Last edited by gerrythedon; 03-02-22 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-02-22, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl

from Jan 13, 2022
GSC Game World has pushed back the release for their upcoming post-apocalyptic survival title, Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl.The game will now launch on December 8, 2022, instead of its initial April 28 release date. The announcement comes via a tweet where the studio apologized for the delay.
Old 03-02-22, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Today: https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...-survive-.html
  • STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl Currently On Hold as Ukrainian Developer GSC Game World Helps 'Employees and Families to Survive'
Ukrainian developer GSC Game World has announced that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl is currently on hold, amid the Russian invasion. In a new video, the studio states how it was recording a behind the scenes look at how cutscenes are being motion-captured for the game. Instead, it's facing down Russian attacks.

“The previous week, we were editing the video about our motion-capture studio,” the developer says in the latest video. “We wanted to show how the cutscenes were created. Took time to watch videos, write scripts and speak with actors. The previous week was ages ago.”

The trailer continues, with footage from yesterday's missile strike on a TV tower in Kyiv. “On the 24th of February, Russia declared war on Ukraine and sent rockets, tanks and soldiers to our homeland. Our country is forced to fight for existence again. Seems like this is the price of freedom. This video is our answer to [the] ‘how are you guys?’ question. Now we are striving to help our employees and their families to survive."

As such, development on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl has understandably been suspended until the Russian attacks on Ukraine have hopefully been resolved. “The game development shifted to the sidelines. But we will definitely continue," the studio adds. “After the victory. Glory to Ukraine.”

Old 06-09-24, 03:07 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,238 Likes on 878 Posts

Looks pretty great, albeit with some framerate issues.

Release date is officially September 5, 2024. Exclusive to Series S/X and PC, apparently.
The Zone is what you consider it to be. I've shown you how I see it. Walk your own path, and you will come to perceive the Zone in your own way.

Featuring a huge, borderless open-world and a non-linear story, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl releases on Xbox Series X|S and PC on September 5, 2024. The game will be available day one with Xbox Game Pass.

Music tracks used:
“Krai" by Mykola Mozghovyi
"Energetyk" by DK Energetyk
"Khryzantemy" by Anastymoza
​​​​​​​
Old 06-09-24, 06:09 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 984 Likes on 821 Posts

Finally, after no joke 2 years, Iíve had this preordered. They kept asking if I wanted to cancel with all the delays. Finally, the end is in sight.
Old 06-09-24, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,466 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Finally, after no joke 2 years, Iíve had this preordered. They kept asking if I wanted to cancel with all the delays. Finally, the end is in sight.
Just walk me through the upside of pre-ordering a game way ahead of time like you always seem to do. I don't see any logic in tying up your money in a game that won't be out for even months let alone years. If you want the pre-order bonus you can do that the day before release. That way you can read a review (which I know is very important to you) ahead of time before deciding to buy. To pre-order way in advance does you no good, it just seems impulsive.
Especially if you don't even play the game right when it comes out.
The following users liked this post:
Music (06-10-24)
Old 06-09-24, 07:26 PM

It wasn’t way in advance at first. And, I don’t know if there is an upside, I just saw the early footage, thought it was coming out 2 years ago and decided to keep it based on the above and my love of these type of atmospheric FPSs.
Old 06-09-24, 07:33 PM

It’s like any game really. I bought Doom (2016) based on footage. So what? Preordering is there for a reason. Sometimes you get shut out, most times on these sites, you don’t. I like these games and bought it and then no worries. I’ll have when it comes out. Plus, I think it was a gc anyway. Nothing is tied up.