Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Old 12-03-21, 11:55 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,732
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Hot Wheels Unleashed.

I searched through Google and the search engine here and found no posts, surprisingly. I'm playing the pc version and having such a blast. This game is amazing. And it speaks to the collector in me. So many things to do in it. Anyone else playing it on any system?
Old 12-04-21, 11:51 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 25,088
Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

I've been itching to buy it for a while and very nearly pulled the trigger during all the Black Friday sales. It's especially intriguing to me (beyond having been a Hot Wheels obsessive as a kid) because it has local multiplayer. I wasn't wild about some of the complaints I've read -- poor progression, rubber band-y AI, what a pain it is to unlock the cars you want, that you can't race on tracks you design in Track Builder (just test them over and over again and maybe find them in community time trials) -- and watching some videos, it looked like something where I'd just bounce off rails the entire time. But I'm still really intrigued.
Old 12-04-21, 01:36 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,732
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I've been itching to buy it for a while and very nearly pulled the trigger during all the Black Friday sales. It's especially intriguing to me (beyond having been a Hot Wheels obsessive as a kid) because it has local multiplayer. I wasn't wild about some of the complaints I've read -- poor progression, rubber band-y AI, what a pain it is to unlock the cars you want, that you can't race on tracks you design in Track Builder (just test them over and over again and maybe find them in community time trials) -- and watching some videos, it looked like something where I'd just bounce off rails the entire time. But I'm still really intrigued.
I'm using cheats on it, I'd never beat it on my own Timer stopped, unlimited boost, unlimited blind boxes, unlimited cash, unlimited gears, and other cars can't move. I'll never play multiplayer, I'm making it through the single player and having a blast. Now I have to collect them all so I keep opening and opening blind boxes, selling duplicates, making it through the races, and having the time of my life.
Old 12-07-21, 12:18 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 31,423
Received 142 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Don’t you take away achievements if you cheat?
Old 12-07-21, 12:19 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 58,521
Received 2,370 Likes on 1,535 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Like Gator Deb cares about Achievements.
Old 12-07-21, 12:54 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,732
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Donít you take away achievements if you cheat?
I take Achievements away if I cheat, I take Achievements away if I DON'T cheat, I'd never get most of them anyway If I didn't have cheats on I'd just race a couple times, lose, and never play again.

My husband says I drive in the game like I drive in real life
Old 12-07-21, 01:15 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 37,166
Received 907 Likes on 709 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

"other cars don't move?" What kind of option is that?

I've heard it's a fun game, I bought it for Xmas so we will have to wait and see, though apparently there is a bunch of DLC.
Old 12-07-21, 01:31 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,732
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
"other cars don't move?" What kind of option is that?

I've heard it's a fun game, I bought it for Xmas so we will have to wait and see, though apparently there is a bunch of DLC.
It's literally what it sounds like, everyone else moves so slow they're close to the start line each time you do a lap. I've been doing games where I try to push them as far as I can or slam them so that they fly all over the place.

There really isn't a bunch of DLC, it's mostly cars, there's ONE DLC that's additional content.
Old 12-07-21, 01:56 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 37,166
Received 907 Likes on 709 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
It's literally what it sounds like, everyone else moves so slow they're close to the start line each time you do a lap. I've been doing games where I try to push them as far as I can or slam them so that they fly all over the place.

There really isn't a bunch of DLC, it's mostly cars, there's ONE DLC that's additional content.
There's two more dlc packs for February and June of next year (which seems odd considering this one was basically clearanced by Black Friday).

I guess my question would be, there isn't some kind of time trial you could run if you just want to run the course without competition? I've never even heard of an option like what you described in a racing game before.
Old 12-07-21, 02:02 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,732
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
There's two more dlc packs for February and June of next year (which seems odd considering this one was basically clearanced by Black Friday).

I guess my question would be, there isn't some kind of time trial you could run if you just want to run the course without competition? I've never even heard of an option like what you described in a racing game before.
There is but I like to play the actual game

I never buy a game without seeing what trainers and cheat engine tables or console commands are out there first.
Old 12-07-21, 07:13 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 31,423
Received 142 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Like Gator Deb cares about Achievements.
I mean they actually help you earn rewards now soÖ
Old 12-20-21, 12:58 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 58,521
Received 2,370 Likes on 1,535 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

The following users liked this post:
dsa_shea (12-20-21)
Old 12-20-21, 02:53 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Posts: 9,203
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Interesting and tempting.
Are the user levels free/easy to access?
Is there enough single player gameplay in just racing, especially via a campaign, if I'm not really into building tracks on my own?
You can't race on the tracks you build?
I do like racers like Hydro Thunder, Micro Machines, Rock n Roll Racing, more so than ultrarealistic or rally racing.

Currently ~35$ on Xbox, 49$ for the Collectors which has a bunch of DLC including the first Season Pass or whatever it's called.
Physical, 30 on Amazon.

I got the Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving free DLC. just because/in case.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.