Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo II: Resurrected (9/23/2021)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-22, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected (9/23/2021)

I spent this past weekend playing this game. I'm up to Level 27 with my Hardcore Necro Summoner for the 4th time. I'm being very careful and putting most of my skill points to the Raise Skeletons skill for the most part. I beat
Spoiler:
Mephisto
and I'm now in Act 4. I'm going to level up before finishing the Act. I'm not risking losing my character again. The drops have been pitiful but I'm waiting to hit Nightmare or Hell level to get some sweet drops. I read that once you hit Nightmare and Hell levels, you need to reset your Skill points and prioritize Corpse Explosion instead of Raise Skeletons as that does more damage.

I'm not going to be playing this game for a while starting tomorrow as I'm going to be playing the Lego Star Wars. If the game is as good as I hope to be, then I won't be playing Diablo until I platinum Lego Star Wars.

Buzz if you want to set up a Coop play, let me know and send me a message. I can stop playing the Lego game if you want to play Diablo. We still need to get that ear trophy lol!
Old 04-05-22, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love and hate this game at the same time. I lost another Hardcore character. I’m taking a break from Diablo and will come to it later.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (04-07-22)
Old 04-07-22, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I love and hate this game at the same time. I lost another Hardcore character. I’m taking a break from Diablo and will come to it later.

I couldn't do the hardcore...from what I saw most went with it after completing the first playthru when it gives you the option...still I think I'll keep my characters as is and not take a chance....

FWIW, new Diablo III Season starts April 15th...and a new end game feature is being added....Gauntlets...sounds interesting....
LorenzoL (04-07-22)
Old 04-15-22, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have my Main right at the step of final Boss, Baal...but moving my Amazon up still because I'm beginning to think she is actually one of the strongest in the game. I'm in Act 3 and using Poison around throwing a Javelin and that Poison Cloud is wrecking groups. She has high Stamina to move around quickly and high & equal amount of Strength & Dexterity....however doesn';t have the Defense Buffs you see in Barbarian and Paladin. My Merc is a Wiz from Act 3 casting cold...combined with Poison, it's working really good...

Just a reminder that Diablo 3 new season starts today and it seems it will be really good.....I'll give it a go...
Old 04-06-23, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My countless attempt to do a Hardcore run with my Necromancer to level 99. It’s an impossible task but it will keep me busy until Diablo IV is out.
K&AJones (04-06-23)
Old 04-06-23, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My countless attempt to do a Hardcore run with my Necromancer to level 99. It’s an impossible task but it will keep me busy until Diablo IV is out.

I haven't picked up D2 in a long time...had several other games on the list sadly...and other day reloaded No man's Sky after a couple of friends have been on it. I have come close to getting...Wolcen...but the reviews on the console port has been up & down with everything from bugs, glitches, the UI just terrible but everyone is still saying it's fun...so don't know. And path of Exile new season starts the 7th and might jump in that....haven't played in awhile but it's always fun.
Old 04-08-23, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m going very slow in my Hardcore playthrough and just leveling up before hitting the bosses fight. I’m in Act II at level 24 just before the big boss fight. I’m making sure to get Decreptify before going to face the boss as it’s a tough fight without it.
Old 04-08-23, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still need your help for the online trophy Buzz so before you uninstall this game, please let me know.
Old 04-09-23, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still need your help for the online trophy Buzz so before you uninstall this game, please let me know.

Don't know what times you're on but during the week two of play up to around 7PM Central...the other friend has to get up really early during the week....so I can do it then...I came close to picking this back up and playing to keep that Diablo Feel Going till June . Instead I caved in and grabbed...Wolcen....despite a blend of Positive and Negative Reviews. Jury still out on it as I'm just in the beginning. It was buggy at first but I had a corrupted save file...got a message...closed game, shutdown, restarted and so far it's not bad. TheUI is not the best, not as user friendly but I can see a lot of potential with tuning characters and builds. There's a lot in there from Diablo, path of Exile.....for $39 it beats $69 or higher. Visualy not bad and not great as it's "PS4"...no Nex gen while effects and lighting are actually pretty good.
Old 04-30-23, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 255 Likes on 183 Posts

I finish on normal wiith my Holy Fire Paladin and it's broken. Maxed Holy Fire and Fire Resist with points into Conviction and Salvation just run around and eveything is dead and I only have just so-so gears.
K&AJones (04-30-23)
Old 05-19-23, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The difference is quite jarring coming back to this game again after trying out the Beta and Server Slam for Diablo IV. It does have an old school charm with its unforgiving difficulty and cumbersome item management that the new game is missing though. This is definitely not for new Diablo fans.

I’m slowly making my way with my Hardcore character, Summoner Necromancer, and I have reached Act V again. I’m not sure if my character and minions will be able to survive Baal and his waves but I’ll give it a try.

The worst part of this ordeal is that this is still on Normal level. I haven’t even reached Nightmare and Hell difficulty yet 😂

Whoever designed the Platinum for this was a cruel person…

If you have the Platinum for this game, you have my utmost respect!
K&AJones (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haven't picked this back up in a long time which is a bit sad.....and like you after playing beta, well....sort of feel like it would be going backwards and bit of a downgrade....But if anything I might fire up D3 for a sort of Last Hurrah & Big Salute for all those fun times since I really don't see me going back to it with so much more to do in D4 that will occupy my time.
Old 05-22-23, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Even with the upcoming Diablo IV coming, don’t delete this game yet as we need to link up online to get the online trophy for the both of us @ Buzz

A little update to my Hardcore run to lv. 99:

I’m up to 55 and in Act III of Nightmare mode. My gear is not very good so I might do some gear farming before moving to Hell Mode. I’m still playing as a Summoner Necromancer and taking my sweet time with it. As long as Blizzard doesn’t close the servers in the next few years, that trophy should still be viable 😂
Old 05-24-23, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven’t had the greatest luck in finding great gear in this game as I’m having trouble finding any gear that gives me magic finding prefixes. However, yesterday a Stone of Jordan ring dropped for me in Act III in Nightmare mode.
Old 05-24-23, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m also keep wondering why I’m not getting Legendary gear and remembering later that this game doesn’t have it 😂

Old 05-28-23, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

RIP Hardcore Necromancer Level 62
Old 06-06-23, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Played this a little bit when it came out, fired this up on my Steam Deck recently and I'm loving it. Getting me ready for IV...