Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-22, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Reviews coming in now.

Currently 81 on Metacritic

Old 03-23-22, 09:31 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

beats the Pre-Sequel at least.
Old 03-23-22, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Don't get hung up on the numerical score. It's just a fairly random outcome based on how a few outlier critics feel about a game being similar enough to Borderlands 3. Some minded others don't. The bottom line is that this is a well-received game that works and is fun. Don't get hung up on a silly little number of 85 or 81
Old 03-23-22, 10:13 AM

oh, i don't. i mean all the Borderlands game were barely passed 80 and i had a ton of fun with all those. i just like when critics like something i buy. but, not a deal breaker in the least.
Old 03-23-22, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Gameinformer came out today with their official review...9.5/10.... Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Review - A Spellbinding Hit - Game Informer

Dualshockers....8.5/10.... Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Review - Roll For Initiative (dualshockers.com)

Gamesradar...4/5.... Tiny Tina's Wonderlands review: "An entertaining and silly mix of fantasy and shooting" | GamesRadar+
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (03-23-22)
Old 03-23-22, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

I won’t be able to play til I get home on Sunday
Old 03-25-22, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Started this last night (9 p.m. Pacific)--LOVING IT so far. Just a great twist on classic Borderlands. Really tough to pick a character from six choices, but I love the options. Looking forward to getting a lot more into it tonight, but it's a blast so far.
OldBoy (03-25-22)
Old 03-25-22, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Best Buy dropped the ball on this and has not shipped my pre-order out yet. This is the 2nd in the past 3 games I've ordered from them that will not arrive on time. It might be my last.
Old 03-25-22, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Best Buy dropped the ball on this and has not shipped my pre-order out yet. This is the 2nd in the past 3 games I've ordered from them that will not arrive on time. It might be my last.

Last time I did a PO with Best Buy. it was some Ultimate or Deluxe Edition...I showed up, gave them my receipt...and couldn't find it...they had to go to the display, grab a normal version and marked it half off....never ever go there again for any PO period.....

On a side note...I guess others are getting Network Shift Errors...we did and finally gave up playing. It amazes me all these reviewers get a game that plays perfectly without any bugs, errors, glitches, lag, connection be it solo or with others but when the game gets released it's Issue Central...
Old 03-25-22, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Yeah, I’ll let my current Best Buy preorders roll, but I think I’d have a hard time justifying adding any more to the list. I’ve had 5 games miss release date over the past year and change, 2 by 6-7 days.
Old 03-25-22, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Played for about an hour or so and not too impressed so far but I'm sure it will pick up. Playing on PS5 and I usually play on performance mode but the game has a blur to in on that setting that I didn't care for so I switched to resolution mode and it looks great but in any battles with more than a few enemies the game will randomly freeze up for a second or two at least a few times during each battle.
Old 03-25-22, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Played for about an hour or so and not too impressed so far but I'm sure it will pick up. Playing on PS5 and I usually play on performance mode but the game has a blur to in on that setting that I didn't care for so I switched to resolution mode and it looks great but in any battles with more than a few enemies the game will randomly freeze up for a second or two at least a few times during each battle.
FYI

Old 03-26-22, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Servers were back up early this morning...we didn't have any issue once connecting and playing....

I must say even being just Level 4, I do believe this is the best BL game yet...even though I still regard BL1 the best being totally new. The Spells takin place of grenades has opened it all up especially doing combos with other players. It use to be all about what this and that gun can do...now it's even with both guns and Spells what they all can do with each other but with other players....
Old 03-26-22, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Im up to level 15 and enjoying it. The connectivity issues are a drag, my friend on a ps4 kept getting booted. My friend and I on ps5 were able to play for a few hours and it was fine. The mic on Co-op sounded really bad, either too loud, too echoey combination of both.
I'm playing as a Sporewarden, I figured for at least the first play through having that mushroom revive me would be valuable and I was right. Guns don't seem to be dropping as much as last game, but I assume thats due to having guns, spells, shields, class mods, cosmetics, rings and amulets to split the loot pool. I REALLY wished that cosmetics you have already unlocked would be removed from your loot pool.
I have only found one legendary at level 8, some shield that boosts reload and firing speed when the shield is depleted.

I heard that the mini bosses don't respawn, thats a big error that they brought back from when BL3 launched, and that there is no "skip the intro" for your next play through once you beat it.
Old 03-27-22, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Like past BL Games...this is far, far more fun with others. I've played solo and with a friend and with the new spells and skills, you can get some pretty weird stuff and combos. We 're seeing a resemblance to Warframe with the Melee, Guns and Skill Combos using elemental and Physical Damage...been a blast and hoot so far...
Old 03-27-22, 12:14 PM

so, i played a few minutes using one class. i redeemed my shift codes and pre-bonus stuff (i think there was one gun included in that). if i wanted to start with a different class now, will i lose that gun and what i redeemed with current character? thanks.
Old 03-28-22, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by OldBoy
so, i played a few minutes using one class. i redeemed my shift codes and pre-bonus stuff (i think there was one gun included in that). if i wanted to start with a different class now, will i lose that gun and what i redeemed with current character? thanks.

i believe so since codes are one time use...but you can always just progress to when you get to main town/area and put it in your Main Stash...and you get to see a "Blacksmith" where you increase your storage capacity. but frankly it's a typical BL Game with early on White, Greens and some Blues that drop with a occasional Purple...and so far about evenly split with Guns, Melee, Magic and Shields...by time you hit Level 4-6 that Special Gun is useless or hardly making a dent anyways. best just try to do the first part with any character and make it to town so you can drop whatever in stash

I was on the Board Game yesterday, came across a "bean" who told me to pick him up and toss him in a area...well it turn into a whole new are world...not a small dungeon...it's like playing in 'Jack & The Beanstalk" type of world...Mushrooms, Dragons and Skeletons attacking everywhere...what a hoot...
Old 03-28-22, 03:25 PM

^ i'm actually at level 4 and that gun is all i use. it's a good one for sure, but there should have been better by now i would think. i haven't gotten any real good drops, for guns, at all. the gun i started out with is a legendary, but lvl 1. i'm not sure if that was with the bundle i bought or a code. if it's part of the bundle i should still get that if i started a new character, which i probably won't do, but just in case.
Old 03-30-22, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Game's great (way better than BL3), but the guns kinda suck. The magic powers kinda make up for it, but only kinda.
Old 03-30-22, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Game's great (way better than BL3), but the guns kinda suck. The magic powers kinda make up for it, but only kinda.
i like a good gun and have been bummed by the output so far. the game is just ok thus far.
Old 03-30-22, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Agree on all counts. Not sure why it's so difficult to find a great gun, and I never have enough $$ for the the Deal of the Day in machines (don't love paying for every fast travel). I definitely like spells better than grenades, but a lot of those don't seem too great either. The game is full of great action and funny scenes, and I did buy an SMG with a super high fire rate that I really like. Also it seems easier/cheaper to up max ammo for each and ammo is definitely in abundance.
Old 03-30-22, 04:44 PM

I’m level 6 now using, effectively till now I might add, a level 1 legendary. That’s not right. They forgot to put guns in game that specializes in unique guns in games.
Old 03-30-22, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I’m level 6 now using, effectively till now I might add, a level 1 legendary. That’s not right. They forgot to put guns in game that specializes in unique guns in games.
..We all got spoiled by the "Gazillion guns" with the other BL Games...along with the specialized grenades.......they made TTW with the goal, thought of everyone using Melee, Spells and Guns equally...and if done right and have the right gear, you're fine. And enemies depending on who and which...reacts different. Corrosive on Skeletons work great...Fire so-so....or use Cold on anything and then hit with Fire.....or Freeze and then use Lighting......

My Main is 17 and I've used Purple, Blue and Green but in typical BL fashion, a Level 15 Green can outdo say a Level 10 Purple...and it's that way with Melee, Spells, Guns and all
Old 03-30-22, 04:59 PM

I haven’t even gotten but maybe 2 elemental weapons. Seen not one corrosive. I see some purples, but they are spells. What’s a sigil anyway? I keep seeing that one in various forms with only like a 3 damage. I’m using a Conjura which seems ok, but again it’s a level 1 legendary and that’s it. Haven’t found better yet and that’s disheartening for a Spellshot class.
Old 04-01-22, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven’t even gotten but maybe 2 elemental weapons. Seen not one corrosive. I see some purples, but they are spells. What’s a sigil anyway? I keep seeing that one in various forms with only like a 3 damage. I’m using a Conjura which seems ok, but again it’s a level 1 legendary and that’s it. Haven’t found better yet and that’s disheartening for a Spellshot class.

I didn't get my first legendary till Level 20...before then mostly was using Greens & Blues with some Purple Drops which alot of Melee and Spells. I found some pretty good Greens that I actually used for several levels.....early on, yea it's slim pickings. It seemed it started to get better after reaching town...say Level 9-10. I hit Level 25 last night and stats are getting better but the ratio of Purple, Blue and Green Drops seem the same. Spells are getting more powerful...like early on you get say a Hyra Spell...now you see a Three Head Hydr Spell. And the best guns are ones you throw when you reload. I used a Green Pistol from Level 17 to Level 22 that would spawn a Frost Hydra everytime....you also get more powerful when you open up getting your second Multi-Class...My Main is Spellcaster but my second is Gravedigger....I have his Mini-Dragon Flying near me, get Fire and Lighting Buffs and increase in Elemental Damage....so far I say the balance is about right with Weapons, Spells, Melee and Enemies...

Also without giving too much away, do a lot on the Boardgame part...mainly complete the Shines...with the four stones/runes. Those give a permanent boost...the first three you com up on are really good...first if for 10% Gold Boost...but then alter you get one for 10% Crit Damage and the one for 10% XP Boost....those three are really good. plus doing the Dungeons around there gives some good XP; campfires, Walking thru Grass and even the mini side quest...just don't do the Side Quest with the Explanation mark that has a Black Rectangle Behind It...those are long...just the ones with a simple "!"

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-01-22 at 06:27 AM.
OldBoy (04-01-22)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.