DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   DEAD SPACE: Remake (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/653289-dead-space-remake.html)

gerrythedon 07-03-21 12:49 AM

DEAD SPACE: Remake

EA Series Revival From Motive Reportedly a Dead Space Remake

It's been rumored that EA will soon reveal a fan-favorite series revival at this month's EA Play Live event and that revival is reportedly a remake of Dead Space.

GamesBeat reports that not only will this revival be a Dead Space remake, but it will be a remake in the vein of Capcom's recent Resident Evil remakes.

GamesBeat's Jeff Grub first teased back in March that EA Motive was working on an "established IP", which has since been corroborated by Eurogamer. Following that in a later stream, Grubb said this EA Motive-developed game would be revealed at the July 22 EA Play Live showcase. The speculation of what this game could be ramped up soon after and most landed on Dead Space.

The game should have modern visuals and is expected to feature new gameplay mechanics pulled in from subsequent entries beyond the first in the Dead Space franchise.

If EA Motive actually is working on a Dead Space remake, all signs point to a reveal during the July 22 EA Play Live digital showcase.

The studio's last release was Star Wars Squadrons, which also happened to be its first major game developed in-house. Following that release, the studio confirmed that its next project will be "something pretty special" and not related to Star Wars.

However, EA Motive has several projects in the works so the "something pretty special" description could be about something other than this rumored Dead Space remake...although a Dead Space remake could be pretty special, right?

IGN.com

gerrythedon 07-03-21 12:51 AM

Re: DEAD SPACE: Remake

-pray-

Maxflier 07-03-21 12:05 PM

Please let this happen.

mndtrp 07-06-21 11:40 AM

How do the Resident Evil remakes compare to the originals, and how would that reference compare to the possible Dead Space remake?

uteotw 07-07-21 03:31 PM

This would be AMAZZZZZING...

story 07-07-21 03:58 PM

Didn't finish Dead Space 2 for PS3 but I really liked it. I'd be in.

The Questyen 07-07-21 04:23 PM

One of my favorite series ever and all 3 hold up well. I'd be down for a remastered trilogy but I'll take a remake also

steebo777 07-10-21 07:33 AM

I’ve never played any of them and have wanted to recently. Glad to hear they are hopefully coming!

ViewAskewbian 07-22-21 01:42 PM

Officially confirmed.
https://t.co/5ghuxjeLcp?amp=1

gerrythedon 07-22-21 10:06 PM

K&AJones 07-22-21 11:43 PM

From the IGN article...it's being built from ground up using the Frostbite Engine and to take advantage of the Latest Gen Tech so that's a good thing...been interesting to see a "Re-Mastered" ...much like what Diablo 2 has gone thru...just wonder if this is going to be a trend....older solid games getting a complete re-work using the latest which might not be a bad thing.

Spiderbite 07-23-21 03:17 PM

One of the few video game series that I truly went "all in" for. And the only video series I still have most all my collectables for.

I have all the novels, comics books, art books, original games, movies and even a really cool developers kit (released for DS3).

The only things I didn't buy were many of the figures or a limited edition watch that was released for DS3. I just didn't want to part with near $300 (after shipping) for the watch. Now people on ebay try to sell it for thousands of dollars. "Try" being the key word.

OldBoy 07-23-21 05:49 PM

So, it’s the whole series and not just 1st? I loved the series, but didn’t quite finish 3. Guess I’ll wait if all redone. Looking forward to such an incredible franchise.

gerrythedon 07-27-21 12:05 AM

Dead Space Remake Could Include Content Cut From the Original 2008 Release
https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-39340-dead-space-remake-could-include-content-cut-from-the-original-2008-release.html

steebo777 07-27-21 08:14 AM

Stoked for this as I never played any of the originals and always wanted to.

Groucho 07-29-21 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13961382)
So, it’s the whole series and not just 1st?

It's just the first game.

OldBoy 07-29-21 08:21 PM

I guess that’s still ok. But would love the trilogy.

mewmartigan 07-31-21 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13963956)
I guess that’s still ok. But would love the trilogy.

I would assume if the first does really well.......

OldBoy 07-31-21 07:26 PM

So we have any no idea when this might be out right? I see the original 3 sitting in one of my storage and so itching to play 1. I’ll have to wait though.

gerrythedon 08-06-21 10:29 PM

According to a report by GamesBeat, sources familiar with the development of the game have said that Dead Space could launch as early as fall 2022. This may be sooner than many fans expected given that very little has been shared about the game, which was only officially announced last month.

The report by GamesBeat claims that, internally, EA is anticipating a Dead Space launch during its 2023 fiscal year. However, when approached for a statement surrounding the supposed release of the game, EA said, "We haven’t shared a release date for the game, and we don’t have any comment based on the current rumor and speculation. But we’re glad people are excited for the game!”
https://www.ign.com/articles/dead-sp...l-2022-release

uteotw 08-09-21 05:01 PM

Fall 2022 or sometime in 2023? Darn. Guess I'll check back much later...

OldBoy 08-09-21 05:09 PM

That fucking blows. I was so itching.

Rival11 01-07-22 04:01 PM

Just finished dead space 2 a week or so ago and I'm almost done with dead space 3 as well. 2 was amazing....I'll never forget that opening 10 minutes.

3 has a terrible opening (I had to actually restart as the first door in the game never opened) that without question will turn fans off immediately but if you just hang in there for a couple of minutes, it goes back to good old dead space. It's an epic game and one of the boss battles is the battle from the first game but only much more detailed and cool.
It's very tedious and redundant though but probably the most complete dead space game of the 3.

gerrythedon 03-11-22 08:40 PM

d2cheer 03-12-22 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 14036937)
Just finished dead space 2 a week or so ago and I'm almost done with dead space 3 as well. 2 was amazing....I'll never forget that opening 10 minutes.

3 has a terrible opening (I had to actually restart as the first door in the game never opened) that without question will turn fans off immediately but if you just hang in there for a couple of minutes, it goes back to good old dead space. It's an epic game and one of the boss battles is the battle from the first game but only much more detailed and cool.
It's very tedious and redundant though but probably the most complete dead space game of the 3.

Yeah I gave up about halfway through part 3. .