Old 06-19-20, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: What are You Playing? (June 2020)

The Last of Us Part II
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
MLB The Show 20
Persona 5 Royal

I haven’t touched my Xbox in two months and I’m an Xbox guy. It’s strange.
Old 06-19-20, 06:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Red Dead Redemption 2, finally picked up a copy after loving the first. I'm about 5-6 hours in and i like it, but it takes ages to get anywhere on the map. But the world is very well done and looks great.
Old 06-19-20, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MR Round View Post
Red Dead Redemption 2, finally picked up a copy after loving the first. I'm about 5-6 hours in and i like it, but it takes ages to get anywhere on the map. But the world is very well done and looks great.
Get used to it
Old 06-19-20, 06:31 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 133 Likes on 94 Posts

Coffee Talk. Free on Xbox GWG
This one definitely won't be for everyone, but I still recommend giving it a chance. The gameplay is very minimal, as all you have to do is read the characters' words and occasionally make a few beverages. Even if you colossally fuck it up, you still get a fairly decent ending. The 'alt' ending only requires you to replay four of the chapters, and even then you can speed through the text you've already read to get to the parts that are new.
I really enjoyed this.
Old 06-19-20, 06:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MR Round View Post
Iím so upset I didnít go back to this one as first is probably one of fav of all time. I slogged through first mission in snow and that says it all. Gave 10-15 minutes. Will have to try again someday...
Old 06-19-20, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
This one definitely won't be for everyone, but I still recommend giving it a chance. The gameplay is very minimal, as all you have to do is read the characters' words and occasionally make a few beverages. Even if you colossally fuck it up, you still get a fairly decent ending. The 'alt' ending only requires you to replay four of the chapters, and even then you can speed through the text you've already read to get to the parts that are new.
I really enjoyed this.
If you like Coffee Talk I highly recommend Va-11 Hall-A which is the game that Coffee Talk is inspired by.
The following users liked this post:
Dan (06-19-20)
Old 06-19-20, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Get used to it
Unfortunately I couldnít get used to it and I ended up quitting. I still have it but I figure I will have to start all over again and I just canít do it.
Old 06-20-20, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I really enjoyed this.
Might try next
Old 06-20-20, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The Last of Us 2 and Octopath Traveler.
Old 06-20-20, 08:39 AM

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Slowly but surely working my way through Spider-Man on PS4. I'm enjoying it and it's not only a game the kids like to watch me play, storywise, they can just swing around the city for fun, too.
Old 06-22-20, 10:12 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Finished this and also played through Metro: Last Light. The step up in quality (in every aspect) made M:LL a total blast to experience. Overall a wonderful game.

Started Metro: Exodus immediately after and... umm... :/
I'm not sure about it. I'll keep going, but not only has the default control scheme changed, the game feels like it plays different. Part of that is probably that it's only 30fps (and not solid) even though the previous games play at a smooth 60fps on Xbox One X, but the controls just feel wrong and floaty and I can't put my finger on why.
Finished up Metro: Exodus. Glad I stuck with it, despite the wonkiness. The last section was worth the hassle, although not quite as satisfying as the ends to both of the previous games.

Now diving deep into The Last of Us: Part II​​​. I've only just started exploring the area Ellie travels to, but it's fantastic.

And, still playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons pretty much daily, specifically working on my rose garden while my wife and kid are doing all the other stuff in that game.

Also played a handful of the PC games that were in the latest massive bundle. DERE EVIL.EXE was a lot of fun. Mobius was neat. A Normal Lost Phone was good. Kids I didn't finish as I got stuck on one part with seemingly no solution. Babysitter Bloodbath sounded neat but I hated the controls too much to keep playing. No Delivery is interesting and I'll get back into it when I have time. Catlateral Damage was fun for about 5 minutes.

Last edited by Dan; 06-22-20 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-25-20, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So yesterday I was going to start STEAMWORD DIG 2 (leaving Gamepass end of month) and it asked me for permission for a 3rd party company to have access to my data. I declined and it disabled saving. I deleted it.
Then I decided i'll try Timespinner and the same fucking screen popped up. I declined and it went to title screen. I decided to read reviews left on it's dashboard. And people said that it disables achievements. Fuck that, I also deleted it.

This has never happened to me on any game on Gamepass or anything.... Guess i'll never play those games ever

I'll watch some movies these final June days, then in July I'll see what to play next.
Old 06-26-20, 12:39 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
So yesterday I was going to start STEAMWORD DIG 2 (leaving Gamepass end of month) and it asked me for permission for a 3rd party company to have access to my data. I declined and it disabled saving. I deleted it.
Then I decided i'll try Timespinner and the same fucking screen popped up. I declined and it went to title screen. I decided to read reviews left on it's dashboard. And people said that it disables achievements. Fuck that, I also deleted it.

This has never happened to me on any game on Gamepass or anything.... Guess i'll never play those games ever

I'll watch some movies these final June days, then in July I'll see what to play next.
I had it happen with that Old Man's Journey game as well as Coffee Talk. Really not sure what's up with that. Seems to becoming more common but it's not clear why these games need this at all.
Old 06-26-20, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had it happen with that Old Man's Journey game as well as Coffee Talk. Really not sure what's up with that. Seems to becoming more common but it's not clear why these games need this at all.
Great!, guess I won't be playing COFFEE TALK.
Old 06-26-20, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I got Horizon Zero Dawn a few years ago and played it for an hour... but then I got hooked on Breath of the Wild and didnít got back.

With the release of the trailer for the sequel to HZD, I started playing again last night (started over) and Iím really enjoying it.
Old 06-26-20, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Unfortunately I couldnít get used to it and I ended up quitting. I still have it but I figure I will have to start all over again and I just canít do it.
You're not alone. I quit the game for the same reason.
Old 06-26-20, 09:20 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
Great!, guess I won't be playing COFFEE TALK.
A few folks are saying it's because some modern "play anywhere" titles all require this for that function to work. Basically, if it's a Windows 10 "UWP" title, then the XBox version has to have this. Here's a reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com..._talk_needing/

So blame MS, I guess. The publishers of games where this happens don't seem to be fond of it, either.
Old 06-28-20, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Wrapped up The Last of Us Remastered (PS4). I forgot how much I hated the ending. I really hope 2 is more Ellie's story because I can't relate in the slightest to anything Joel does. Also crazy how a 6 year old major first party Sony game has broken trophies that were never fixed. I got all the optional conversations and picked up all the artifacts and it didn't register one of each so I didn't get those trophies.
Old 06-28-20, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

TLOU2

Also introducing my kid to the Halo Master Chief Collection via coop play. I played these a ton (especially 2, not sure about 4), so it’s fun going back through them this way.
Old 06-29-20, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I had zero hype for Last of Us 2 despite loving the first one, but damn the world/story sucked me right back in as soon as I started it.