DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Series X - 11/10/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649337-xbox-series-x-11-10-20-a.html)

Rare Breed22 09-22-20 01:57 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13810183)
Got one... apparently having it in my cart from an hour ago was just the luck I needed. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, I went to check my cart and my order went through.

The Questyen 09-22-20 02:00 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13810216)
:banana: :dance:

When is someone gonna set that sucker up?
And heads-up : When you set up your iFit account, you don't need to enter a credit card number. It will give you a free month of the family plan automatically. Then later you can redeem the card you got for another year (actually the card gave me another 13 mo FWIW). PM me if you have any questions about that.

Getting assembled tomorrow. Thanks for the info on the iFit.

Deftones 09-22-20 02:10 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Lol Target. I tried on there earlier. Could get it in cart but not checkout. They sent me an email "make sure you finish checking out the items in your cart."

Of course it will not let me. cock-teasing fuckers :lol: I don't want it anyway, just wanted to see if it would work.


Deftones 09-22-20 02:17 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13810142)
To be fair, MS's own site crashed.

But yeah maybe it wasn't the greatest idea to announce a time for preorders (and then let two of the biggest US retailers ignore that time and open up like 50 minutes later).

It never crashed for me and I was able to bag one from MS. They have never learned. I honestly think Sony's way if doing the pre-orders should be implemented in the future. Seems like less of a mess that way.

fujishig 09-22-20 02:21 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13810237)
It never crashed for me and I was able to bag one from MS. They have never learned. I honestly think Sony's way if doing the pre-orders should be implemented in the future. Seems like less of a mess that way.

The problem is Sony's "way" is letting retailers do whatever they want. What made it worse was Sony themselves (or Sony through Geoff) saying that preorders start "tomorrow," but they let retailers do what they wanted. I can see why that would be frustrating for those who didn't bother to check until it was too late.

It made it so that bots weren't ready and people who were online at the time could probably get a few in, but I don't think either is really great, the real problem are bots, and retailers should be taking some measure of precautions against them or it's scalper central all day every day.

I mean Amazon is the premiere cloud provider as well as the premiere online store and they can't handle the traffic load, which tells you something.

And these launches paled in comparison apparently to the RTX 3080 (nvidia graphics card for PC) release which was like all bots.

Uhuh yep 09-22-20 02:34 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I was able to get one through Amazon. Now I just need an extra controller and a few games

bluetoast 09-22-20 03:48 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Fuck this. Wake me up when the MS store has pre-orders back up. I loaded up on discounted gift cards to save $50, and had issues every step of the way. Weíll see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Edison 09-22-20 06:23 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I sent my Mother to Gamestop this morning (because you know I'm a working adult and have a job, Microsoft.). She was #11 in line, and they had 10. :(

maxfisher 09-22-20 06:40 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
So for those who got one, what day one games are you getting? Iíve already got AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 preordered for my Xbox One. I think the former will have day one Series X optimization, so thatíll likely be the first thing I play.

Adam Tyner 09-22-20 06:46 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 13810367)
So for those who got one, what day one games are you getting?

I'm waiting to play Watch Dogs: Legion until the Series X comes out. I have Cyberpunk 2077 preordered (which isn't quite Day One), but it'll be at least December until I get around to that. If it sounds like the next-gen patch is around the corner, I'll wait until whenever that is to start it. But if it looks like it's gonna be next summer or something, I'll just dive in. :p

Uhuh yep 09-22-20 07:34 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Iíd like to play AC Valhalla as well as Watch dogs and the new Flight sim if it comes out


when can we preorder these games?

Michael Corvin 09-22-20 07:40 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 13810369)
I have Cyberpunk 2077 preordered (which isn't quite Day One), but it'll be at least December until I get around to that. If it sounds like the next-gen patch is around the corner, I'll wait until whenever that is to start it. But if it looks like it's gonna be next summer or something, I'll just dive in. :p

Next gen patch to allow you to play your XBO or PS4 game on your XSX or PS5 is supposed to be available on day one. An actual next-gen version isn't until an unknown date next year.

Maxflier 09-22-20 07:53 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Uhuh yep (Post 13810386)
Iíd like to play AC Valhalla as well as Watch dogs and the new Flight sim if it comes out


when can we preorder these games?

Flight sim is fucking fantastic.

Decker 09-22-20 08:06 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 13810398)
Flight sim is fucking fantastic.

Why that game doesn't launch with the console is a true head-scratcher. The only thing I can think is that it couldn't run even downgraded on an Xbox One X and they wanted to stick to their word that no game in the first year is only available on the new generation of consoles.

Decker 09-22-20 08:11 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 13810369)
I'm waiting to play Watch Dogs: Legion until the Series X comes out. I have Cyberpunk 2077 preordered (which isn't quite Day One), but it'll be at least December until I get around to that. If it sounds like the next-gen patch is around the corner, I'll wait until whenever that is to start it. But if it looks like it's gonna be next summer or something, I'll just dive in. :p


Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13810391)
Next gen patch to allow you to play your XBO or PS4 game on your XSX or PS5 is supposed to be available on day one. An actual next-gen version isn't until an unknown date next year.

Bummer, I didn't know that. I thought it was going to be next-gen right out of the gate. I already switched my Best Buy pre-order from XO to PS4 as I will have a PS5 at launch but not an XSX for a while.
Still for those interested, remember that Best Buy is offering a $10 RZ certificate AND an exclusive Steelbook (1 of 3 designs) with pre-order. Too bad they're so ugly.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...063b68c18c.png

Deftones 09-22-20 08:19 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
There is a rumor that the new AC game might be up on GamePass day 1 but I am not sure I believe it.

Decker 09-22-20 08:25 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13810410)
There is a rumor that the new AC game might be up on GamePass day 1 but I am not sure I believe it.

0% chance. They would never do that with a AAA third party title. Too much money lost and imagine how furious everyone who has already pre-ordered the game from the Xbox Store would be.

Adam Tyner 09-22-20 08:31 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13810391)
Next gen patch to allow you to play your XBO or PS4 game on your XSX or PS5 is supposed to be available on day one. An actual next-gen version isn't until an unknown date next year.

Poor wording on my part. That latter was what I was referring to, although 'patch' wasn't the right word.

Music 09-22-20 08:40 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13810410)
There is a rumor that the new AC game might be up on GamePass day 1 but I am not sure I believe it.

It's not, it has to do with a post about Games that are enhanced for Series X and at the bottom they talk about GamePass.


Music 09-22-20 08:43 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 


Deftones 09-22-20 08:44 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Music (Post 13810423)
It's not, it has to do with a post about Games that are enhanced for Series X and at the bottom they talk about GamePass.

So here is what everyone is talking about: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com..._to_game_pass/

You are probably right, but whoever did that web design needs a lesson on what not to do. Horrible design there.

Michael Corvin 09-22-20 08:58 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
:lol: Wow. All they need is a divider bar there and zero confusion.

also:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5409ca3c10.jpg

And speaking of confusing naming, apparently the Xbox One X, not Series X, sales shot up 747% on Amazon today. Think anyone bought the wrong Xbox? :lol:

nickdawgy 09-22-20 09:04 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Edison (Post 13810359)
I sent my Mother to Gamestop this morning (because you know I'm a working adult and have a job, Microsoft.). She was #11 in line, and they had 10. :(

Lol. I imagine your poor mom waiting in line.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 09:05 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 13810367)
So for those who got one, what day one games are you getting? Iíve already got AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 preordered for my Xbox One. I think the former will have day one Series X optimization, so thatíll likely be the first thing I play.

What games are day one? I know Cyber Punk comes out a week after launch. Iíll definitely get that. Probably AC as well.

Dan 09-22-20 09:18 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 13810367)
So for those who got one, what day one games are you getting? Iíve already got AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 preordered for my Xbox One. I think the former will have day one Series X optimization, so thatíll likely be the first thing I play.

Who needs a Day One game when there's Game Pass and backwards compatibility? ;)

But in all seriousness, I'll probably play something like Ori 2 for a bit then grab a digital copy of Cyberpunk 2077 the day that's out.
Might try AC once the price drops. Haven't played an AC game in ages, though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.