DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/648341-lego-star-wars-skywalker-saga-ps-xbox-switch-pc-spring-2022-a.html)

LorenzoL 08-07-19 08:37 AM

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022)

I totally missed this announcement during E3 in June and nobody bothered to create a thread for it.

For those that are on my Friends list on PSN, you know that I have been on a Lego kick recently and you know that I will be purchasing this game.

I'm a fan of their games but they can also be so freaking frustrating. I guess that's part of their charm.

I might be the one of the few who's disappointed that the Complete Saga game has no trophies for the PS3. What's the use of playing a game where the controls are crappy that it makes it impossible to obtain a Gold Brick/Minikit or win a race if you are not going to get a trophy?

For the first time in the series’ history, players can start the game at any point in the Star Wars timeline; fans can jump in with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, begin the original trilogy with Star Wars: A New Hope, or launch right into Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
https://www.starwars.com/news/e3-201...ga-coming-2020

LorenzoL 08-07-19 08:46 AM

re: Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022)

LorenzoL 08-07-19 08:56 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lego Star Wars 👀<br><br>⚒️ Built from ground up, new tech<br>👊 New combat system, different types of attacks<br>🚀 Can fly around in space, saw the Falcon get attacked by a Star Destroyer<br>🗣️ Characters are voiced<br>👌 Coruscant, Mustafar, Utapau<br>💨 New force system<br><br>Looks great <a href="https://twitter.com/TTGames?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TTGames</a> ❤️ <a href="https://t.co/lWO9IOIRYY">pic.twitter.com/lWO9IOIRYY</a></p>&mdash; Ben Walke (@BenWalke) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/1138883152645099520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rob V 08-07-19 12:01 PM

So the levels are completely new? This might be the first Lego game I buy in a long time.

Mike86 08-07-19 10:37 PM

I always want to like the LEGO games more than I actually end up liking them. I always think they seem like fun concepts but then in playing them I find the novelty factor wears off fast and I grow bored of them.

Decker 06-01-20 09:43 PM

Very sweet preorder bonus exclusively at Best Buy

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...98fe2fcbf5.png

Michael Corvin 06-01-20 10:26 PM

Dude! I haven't played a LEGO Star Wars games since the 360 days, but that's pretty damn sweet looking. Tempting.

milo bloom 06-01-20 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13590830)
I always want to like the LEGO games more than I actually end up liking them. I always think they seem like fun concepts but then in playing them I find the novelty factor wears off fast and I grow bored of them.

Same here. My kid loves them and I’ve played with him but it either gets repetitive or I get stuck in something that just doesn’t make sense and we have to look it up online. That’s bad game design.

LorenzoL 06-02-20 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 13751274)
Same here. My kid loves them and I’ve played with him but it either gets repetitive or I get stuck in something that just doesn’t make sense and we have to look it up online. That’s bad game design.

It wouldn't be a Lego game if that didn't happen in the game unfortunately. That Best Buy exclusive is sweet and I'm hoping that Canada has it.

Sonny Corinthos 06-02-20 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 13751274)

I have never understood why the make Lego games so difficult. I love to play them, but at some point, I always get stuck at something and wind up not playing it anymore.

Rob V 06-02-20 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13751239)
Very sweet preorder bonus exclusively at Best Buy

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...98fe2fcbf5.png

aaaaaand sold!

Mike86 06-02-20 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos (Post 13751443)
I have never understood why the make Lego games so difficult. I love to play them, but at some point, I always get stuck at something and wind up not playing it anymore.

The last one I played was LEGO Batman 3 on Xbox One a few years back. I was a good chunk in before getting stuck on something and got irritated with it, gave up, and uninstalled it. So I basically rage quit a LEGO game :lol:. That shouldn’t be the case.

fujishig 06-02-20 11:21 AM

I too haven't finished a lego game since like the original Star Wars ones. But I've learned my lesson, they will be dirt cheap before I get around to playing them (or finishing the previous versions)

Mike86 06-02-20 11:23 AM

The only one I played quite a bit of and liked was the first Indiana Jones one on Wii. I think I made it through a lot of that one. I didn’t own it though and only rented it.

redbill 06-02-20 01:33 PM

I've been playing a lot of them with my 6yo over the past couple years. the newish ones dont have as much hard puzzles, but there are often glitches. Force Awakens had 2 or 3 levels that glitched and we had to start over. Harry Potter had some parts that were either quite hard to figure out and/or glitched. Marvel Super Heros, we started 2 or 3 times, and quit each time in the first level, because it was too irritating to figure out (or it kept glitching). We platinum'd Force Awakens with little online help. what bugs me is they always have problems with 2-player trophies. We've played through LEgo City Undercover a few times, including 100%, but several of the trophies didn't pop, and its unclear what to do to activate them.

Decker 06-02-20 07:24 PM

I do find it annoying that these games designed to be played with little ones all seem to have hour-long levels that you can't quit halfway through. At one time, they added a save point, but still if you quit the game, you are put back at the beginning of the level. Don't know if they are still like that, but it was infuriating.

fujishig 06-02-20 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13751785)
I do find it annoying that these games designed to be played with little ones all seem to have hour-long levels that you can't quit halfway through. At one time, they added a save point, but still if you quit the game, you are put back at the beginning of the level. Don't know if they are still like that, but it was infuriating.

I thought that was just me! I remember playing one of the DC ones and never knowing when it was saving.

Decker 06-03-20 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13751793)
I thought that was just me! I remember playing one of the DC ones and never knowing when it was saving.

They added a save point mid level, but I don't really know what those Checkpoints do (maybe save the studs you accumulated). They don't save your progress in the game to that point so that you can later restart from that Checkpoint - - which is the entire purpose of the checkpoint

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...a6bd5ead5b.jpg

redbill 06-03-20 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13751785)

that is very annoying. after my kid's video game time is up, if he's in the middle of a level, I get told to not play other video games tonight, so he doesn't lose his progress...

woops, looks like there was a power outage, sorry kid

LorenzoL 04-02-21 07:19 PM

dsa_shea 04-02-21 07:36 PM

Damn! I was starting to wonder about this. By the time it actually ships, my previous Best Buy credit card, which this was pre-ordered on, will have expired.

Decker 04-02-21 07:46 PM

As long as I still get my Han Solo in Carbonite steelbook

Adam Tyner 08-25-21 04:12 PM

Updated the title to reflect the new release date.

The Cow 08-25-21 06:08 PM

Re: Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022)

I suppose I should figure out where I preordered it from so long ago. :lol:

dsa_shea 08-25-21 06:28 PM

The credit card I originally pre-ordered this on will have expired and need to be replaced by then.

Rob V 08-26-21 06:54 AM

It'd be nice if those who pre-ordered got something above and beyond the pre-order stuff they were offering initially. We've stayed pretty loyal all things considered.

Michael Corvin 08-26-21 04:39 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...fb184ec9e6.jpg

milo bloom 08-26-21 10:39 PM

Is that for all systems? We’ve got all three modern consoles, not sure which would be best.

Mike86 08-26-21 10:55 PM

Have to admit the trailer for this is looking good. I may get suckered into buying this at some point. I probably would get it for Switch personally.

milo bloom 08-27-21 09:56 AM

My kid has been a big fan of the Lego games since he could pick up a controller, he learned about Star Wars via the games before I could show him the movies.

We'll probably do Switch also since we have a dock version plus two Lites in the household.

Bchbum 08-30-21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13975516)
It'd be nice if those who pre-ordered got something above and beyond the pre-order stuff they were offering initially. We've stayed pretty loyal all things considered.

This doesn’t make sense. Many of of have preordered games that have since been delayed. No one deserves anything special because they didn’t cancel a pre order or waiting a longer time for the game to come out

Decker 08-30-21 03:00 PM

I do wonder what the hell the delay is. This looks very much like the last 20-30 Lego games.
I hope this means that at least it plays somewhat differently from the original Star Wars games, which I played a lot with my son when he was much younger some ten years ago.

milo bloom 08-30-21 04:31 PM

I've mentioned playing these Lego games with my son over the years and while it's fun to see them explore new facets of the worlds (like the Jawa sandcrawler), one of the things that would frustrate me and make me not want to play for a while is when we could get into an area and just have absolutely no idea how to progress.

We'd be bashing every wall, shooting grappling hooks everywhere, trying different characters for their abilities and then we'd finally stumble across the solution. If we're lucky, they're using the extra time to make sure none of that nonsense is in the game anywhere.

If we're really lucky, they're adding in stuff from Rogue One and Solo, or maybe even The Clone Wars/Rebels.

Mike86 08-30-21 05:07 PM

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier in this thread, the last LEGO game I played was the third Batman one. I came to a point where I got so frustrated/lost with what to do that I quit the game.

Not only did I quit, but I deleted my save file and uninstalled it. It’s honestly one of the times I remember getting super frustrated with a game.

Rob V 08-31-21 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bchbum (Post 13977319)
This doesn’t make sense. Many of of have preordered games that have since been delayed. No one deserves anything special because they didn’t cancel a pre order or waiting a longer time for the game to come out

That's quite a compelling argument. My point was that we've been on-board for a year (maybe more). To get some digital figures or content really isn't a big deal.. considering the game is now delayed another half year. You make it sound like they're going to personally charge you for giving the customer a digital SW character.

Rodney2187 11-19-21 10:41 AM

The wait for this is excruciating. Will make the playing of it all the sweeter though.

Maxflier 01-20-22 08:07 AM

Rodney2187 01-20-22 08:12 AM

April 5 !!!!!

:D:banana::toast:

milo bloom 01-20-22 09:26 AM

Wow, finally gonna do it. I'm sure we'll be picking this up for the household.

LorenzoL 01-20-22 04:23 PM

I’m happy that the release date has been confirmed as I have been looking forward to this game. However, TT was a bit forceful in their efforts to release this game “soonish”.

https://www.polygon.com/features/228...ch-at-tt-games