Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-20, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Originally Posted by lwhy?
You should go around and try to clear out the Nero checkpoints that way you can fast travel to them and increase your Stamina, Focus, and Health. There are also supplies there that you can use for crafting bandages and explosives.
This was great advice, which I did this weekend. I have added nothing to health, mostly stamina with a dash of focus. REALLY makes a difference w/those hordes and overall combat.
Old 05-04-20, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
This was great advice, which I did this weekend. I have added nothing to health, mostly stamina with a dash of focus. REALLY makes a difference w/those hordes and overall combat.
There are also NERO research sites that are a bit harder to find and get to. They have injectors there too. I think I only increased my health once or twice and maxed out stamina and focus before going back to health.
Old 05-09-20, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts

I have to say that I wanted to get this when I heard about it. I was excited. Initial reviews had me saying I'd wait for a price drop. Almost bought it at $40. Then $30. Finally I picked it up for $20 on Black Friday. I let it sit until right before all the Coronavirus stuff started happening. I almost sold it or gave it away. Then I opened it and popped it in.

The first mission slash tutorial was boring. The bike handled like shit (I later found out this was intentional since you'd have to upgrade it) and it seemed generic. Like a Far Cry/Red Dead rip off. Then I started to play more. And more. The zombies (especially hordes) had me running in fear. I killed a certain boss and I thought I was near the end. Nope. A whole new area opened up. Then another. I still have more to go.

I just have to say I am really enjoying it, and it goes to show you that reviews aren't always spot on. But yeah, it's literally been one of the best times I've had in a game. I hope they make a sequel.
Old 05-12-20, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I have to say that I wanted to get this when I heard about it. I was excited. Initial reviews had me saying I'd wait for a price drop. Almost bought it at $40. Then $30. Finally I picked it up for $20 on Black Friday. I let it sit until right before all the Coronavirus stuff started happening. I almost sold it or gave it away. Then I opened it and popped it in.

The first mission slash tutorial was boring. The bike handled like shit (I later found out this was intentional since you'd have to upgrade it) and it seemed generic. Like a Far Cry/Red Dead rip off. Then I started to play more. And more. The zombies (especially hordes) had me running in fear. I killed a certain boss and I thought I was near the end. Nope. A whole new area opened up. Then another. I still have more to go.

I just have to say I am really enjoying it, and it goes to show you that reviews aren't always spot on. But yeah, it's literally been one of the best times I've had in a game. I hope they make a sequel.
Yup, this was my experience almost exactly. I am probably about where you are, many many hours in, and I am still addicted. Superb game IMO, and certainly way better that certain reviews made it out to be.
Old 06-01-20, 09:08 AM

Finished this this weekend, or beat the main story at least. Epic. By far the best $20 I've ever spent on a game, and I would have been fine paying full price for it.
It get SO much better/easier once you get a big gas tank and can carry saddlebag ammo.
Not sure if I'll go back and clear out hordes, etc., but man was that awesome. Highly recommended.
Old 06-27-20, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I finally started this a few days ago. Don’t know why I waited so long. I’m having a lot of fun with it. One thing for me I’m having trouble with is leveling up the first camp. It’s taking forever to get level 2. There’s a Nero research site that appeared early in the game but supposedly I can’t reach it without a jump using nitrous boost which I can’t buy until the Copeland camp is upgraded. I’ve done all the story missions, side missions, nests currently available and killed wolves and picked flowers. Any advice on upgrading camps faster?
Old 06-27-20, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Barth
I finally started this a few days ago. Don’t know why I waited so long. I’m having a lot of fun with it. One thing for me I’m having trouble with is leveling up the first camp. It’s taking forever to get level 2. There’s a Nero research site that appeared early in the game but supposedly I can’t reach it without a jump using nitrous boost which I can’t buy until the Copeland camp is upgraded. I’ve done all the story missions, side missions, nests currently available and killed wolves and picked flowers. Any advice on upgrading camps faster?
Are you turning your bounties (Freaker Ears) in? That jump is hard. I had to get two nitrous upgrades to get to that site.
Old 06-27-20, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are you turning your bounties (Freaker Ears) in? That jump is hard. I had to get two nitrous upgrades to get to that site.
Just discovered the bounties thing which helped but still need about 2k more points. Maybe I’m just not supposed to be able to upgrade to level 2 yet. I’m just trying to do the Nero checkpoints and research sites as they become available and can’t do it. I guess patience is the key here!
Old 06-27-20, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just discovered the bounties thing which helped but still need about 2k more points. Maybe I’m just not supposed to be able to upgrade to level 2 yet. I’m just trying to do the Nero checkpoints and research sites as they become available and can’t do it. I guess patience is the key here!
I think I actually leveled up the second camp before I leveled up the first camp. The second camp is more important since they have better weapons.
Old 06-27-20, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I actually leveled up the second camp before I leveled up the first camp. The second camp is more important since they have better weapons.
I was wondering about that. Wondering whether to spend my credits on better weapons or bike upgrades? Did you do one way more than the other? I can’t believe how this game latched on to me. I played almost 8 hours today.
Old 06-28-20, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was wondering about that. Wondering whether to spend my credits on better weapons or bike upgrades? Did you do one way more than the other? I can’t believe how this game latched on to me. I played almost 8 hours today.
The sooner you upgrade your weapons, the sooner you can start taking on Hordes. I think I had Tucker's camp upgraded and moved on before I leveled up the first camp. The bike upgrades are a convenience. You'll get them later and you can fast travel to the sites you can't reach early on.
Old 04-10-21, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sony has reportedly cancelled Days Gone 2. I really liked Days Gone and wanted to see how the big reveal in the secret ending would play out.
Old 04-10-21, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Sony has reportedly cancelled Days Gone 2. I really liked Days Gone and wanted to see how the big reveal in the secret ending would play out.
Shame... would've liked to see it happen.

Days Gone hits Steam likely later this month though for us PC gamers.
Old 04-10-21, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That’s too bad. Outside of Last of Us it’s probably my favorite game I’ve played on the PS4.
Old 04-18-21, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Truer words have never been spoken in the gaming industry

The following users liked this post:
The Questyen (04-18-21)
Old 04-18-21, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

https://twitter.com/pushsquare/statu...112307200?s=21
Yep I've said this here before. If there is a type of game you are interested in or developer you really enjoy then if you want to support them you need to buy their game at full price when it comes out. Especially with single player style games the studios are really only concerned with those first month sales numbers.

The gamers who wait for every game they buy to go on sale have no right complaining when they don't make the games they want anymore or when games are filled with microtransactions, dlc, etc.
Old 04-18-21, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I buy a massive amount of games I feel like in comparison to most gamers (over 1,200 games on my PC library), but theres only maybe 1 game every few years that I feel is worth buying day one at full price...

Even then almost every PC game has like a 20-25% off discount on day one anyways...

I just spent roughly $120 for Cold Steel IV and all of it's DLC on it's release day this month, and that was at a pretty big discount over the full price... as the DLC alone is listed at $120.

Most games I'm just not willing to pay more than $20 for the base game. Even Days Gone, I'm gonna wait for the PC port to drop to around $15 before making the purchase.

I don't complain when sequels don't happen, even if it does suck... But I'm not going to pay $80+ for every single game in hopes they may get a sequel either.
The following users liked this post:
lopper (04-19-21)
Old 09-15-22, 12:11 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/days-gone

PC version on sale for $16.99. I don’t buy many games these days, but being it’s a Sony title and probably not going to show up in any bundles or XBOX Live, I bit.
Old 09-15-22, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

https://twitter.com/pushsquare/statu...112307200?s=21
How do I know I'm going to "love" a game before I buy it?
Also, these days, so many games are released unfinished, needing numerous patches, it's kinda dumb to buy something on release date when it's most likely not quite a finished product - and that's not on the consumer, but the developer.
Old 09-15-22, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
How do I know I'm going to "love" a game before I buy it?
Also, these days, so many games are released unfinished, needing numerous patches, it's kinda dumb to buy something on release date when it's most likely not quite a finished product - and that's not on the consumer, but the developer.

No way in hell am I preordering a game or buy at full price no matter how hyped it is. There’s no reason to. I learned my lesson with the first PC release of Watch Dogs. That was last game I ever preordered.

The Days Gone PC release has been out for a while and has gotten excellent reviews so I think I’m pretty safe here.
Old 09-15-22, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When Days Gone first came out, the reviews weren't great and there were lots of bugs and glitches. I bought it on Black Friday and played it after the game had been fixed and I loved it. The bugs and glitches on release really hurt it. I hate that there's not going to be a sequel.