Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Old 05-04-20, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Days Gone (Bend Studio) PS4 exclusive - 04/26/2019

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
You should go around and try to clear out the Nero checkpoints that way you can fast travel to them and increase your Stamina, Focus, and Health. There are also supplies there that you can use for crafting bandages and explosives.
This was great advice, which I did this weekend. I have added nothing to health, mostly stamina with a dash of focus. REALLY makes a difference w/those hordes and overall combat.
Old 05-04-20, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
This was great advice, which I did this weekend. I have added nothing to health, mostly stamina with a dash of focus. REALLY makes a difference w/those hordes and overall combat.
There are also NERO research sites that are a bit harder to find and get to. They have injectors there too. I think I only increased my health once or twice and maxed out stamina and focus before going back to health.
Old 05-09-20, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I have to say that I wanted to get this when I heard about it. I was excited. Initial reviews had me saying I'd wait for a price drop. Almost bought it at $40. Then $30. Finally I picked it up for $20 on Black Friday. I let it sit until right before all the Coronavirus stuff started happening. I almost sold it or gave it away. Then I opened it and popped it in.

The first mission slash tutorial was boring. The bike handled like shit (I later found out this was intentional since you'd have to upgrade it) and it seemed generic. Like a Far Cry/Red Dead rip off. Then I started to play more. And more. The zombies (especially hordes) had me running in fear. I killed a certain boss and I thought I was near the end. Nope. A whole new area opened up. Then another. I still have more to go.

I just have to say I am really enjoying it, and it goes to show you that reviews aren't always spot on. But yeah, it's literally been one of the best times I've had in a game. I hope they make a sequel.
Old 05-12-20, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I have to say that I wanted to get this when I heard about it. I was excited. Initial reviews had me saying I'd wait for a price drop. Almost bought it at $40. Then $30. Finally I picked it up for $20 on Black Friday. I let it sit until right before all the Coronavirus stuff started happening. I almost sold it or gave it away. Then I opened it and popped it in.

The first mission slash tutorial was boring. The bike handled like shit (I later found out this was intentional since you'd have to upgrade it) and it seemed generic. Like a Far Cry/Red Dead rip off. Then I started to play more. And more. The zombies (especially hordes) had me running in fear. I killed a certain boss and I thought I was near the end. Nope. A whole new area opened up. Then another. I still have more to go.

I just have to say I am really enjoying it, and it goes to show you that reviews aren't always spot on. But yeah, it's literally been one of the best times I've had in a game. I hope they make a sequel.
Yup, this was my experience almost exactly. I am probably about where you are, many many hours in, and I am still addicted. Superb game IMO, and certainly way better that certain reviews made it out to be.
Old 06-01-20, 09:08 AM

Finished this this weekend, or beat the main story at least. Epic. By far the best $20 I've ever spent on a game, and I would have been fine paying full price for it.
It get SO much better/easier once you get a big gas tank and can carry saddlebag ammo.
Not sure if I'll go back and clear out hordes, etc., but man was that awesome. Highly recommended.