Apex Legends (From Respawn)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-19, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Apex Legends (From Respawn)

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The Anthem demo turned away a lot of people from Anthem

Seriously though, I'm still on board for that game but it's going to have a rocky start for sure, especially after all of those server issues.

I'm still in and actually had a good time with both demos...even better in the Public one which I had Zero Stuck At 90% Loading Expedition Screen issues...as to turning off or away, I bet a lot of those went in hating, disliking and wanting the "Game" to fail before playing one minute. A lot just ripped the "Game" simply because it doesn't have PvP...Even after telling them the Demo wasn't a representation of the final game, they still complained.....the actual game will be fine..

I hope Apex does well......more out succeeding helps the gamer consumers out there more in the long run; be it Battle Royals, PvE, PvPvE, co-op, single player...we all benefit. It just means the Devs have to conjure up to entice and keep players coming back.
Old 02-06-19, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
I installed this and played a couple rounds today. The first round showed promise. My squad stuck together, we got some kills, I used my legend's abilities for some healing and reviving. I could definitely see myself getting into this. Looks good, plays good, has it's own take on things.

Then I played round two. Dropped in to the map, both my squad mates were killed almost immediately, and I was eliminated very shortly thereafter, while frantically picking up every piece of loot I could. And I hadn't had a chance to mute other players yet, so I got to hear one of my squad mates giving me shit over mic right after being killed.

I ESC'd right out of that game and promptly uninstalled it. At the end of the day it's just another battle royale, and I'd had enough of those fuckin things two years ago.
Pretty much the experience I just had. Friends have been raving about so I thought I'd try it. Even though I hate Battle Royale games. And I still do .
Old 02-07-19, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

10 million players in 72 hours

Old 02-12-19, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...for all the Titanfall 2 fans who felt a bit disappointed and left with little or no hope of ever seeing a "Titanfall 3"...well maybe not so fast. It seems like Apex Legends has actually rekindled interest in Titanfall 2....

https://www.gameinformer.com/index.p...2-player-count

Apex Legends Revitalizes Titanfall Player Count

As discovered this past weekend on Reddit and video game forum Resetera, it looks like Titanfall 2's numbers got a huge jump over the weekend. Whether it's players new to the series wanting to check out the old game or fans remembering why they liked it in the first place, multiplayer appears to be hopping in a way it previously was not prior to Apex Legends' release.

Numbers for the game on PC increased from an average of 700 to 1600 to over double that at 3500 at its peak. On PlayStation 4, you could find around 4000 players over the weekend, possibly owing to the numerous sales Titanfall 2 has regularly. Fans should enjoy that multiplayer as much as they can, though, as Respawn has confirmed they are not currently developing Titanfall 3. There is, however, another Titanfall project in the works for later this year........Respawn announced today that Apex Legends boasts over 25 million players with two million concurrent players at its peak, so it looks like some amount of that is bleeding over to Titanfall 2.

Looks like I'll be checking out the Titanfall 2 Horde mode for sure now...which was really fun to get into. Maybe they'll expand stuff there....

Old 02-13-19, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Ok... this shit is starting to grow on me. Motherfuck!
Old 02-14-19, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still continue to suck balls at this game.
Old 02-14-19, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mordred
I still continue to suck balls at this game.
When you're teamed with randoms, that don't communicate and go off on their own, it's a bitch.
Old 02-14-19, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Ok... this shit is starting to grow on me. Motherfuck!

I feel ya. I initially tried this on PC, hated it almost immediately, and uninstalled it. But after I kept hearing everyone rave about it, I decided to give it another shot on PS4. I still don't know if I like it or not. When I get a kill or two, or my squad is doing well, then it's pretty fun. When my squad completely disbands or is eliminated right at the beginning of the match, I'm ready to uninstall it again. My opinion swings dramatically from one way to the other depending on how each match goes.

I did end up on the winning squad two times yesterday, which was nice I guess, but I know I contributed next to nothing during those matches.
Old 02-14-19, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
When you're teamed with randoms, that don't communicate and go off on their own, it's a bitch.
No, I just suck. I communicate a lot, and I've been paired with some very good players. I just can't seem to ever damage anybody and I'm averaging about a kill an hour. A good game for me I end up with 150 points of damage. I can't figure out what it is. Even when I get the drop on somebody point blank and use a shotgun or something I'm lucky if I hit them. Maybe it's lag, but I wouldn't think so as I use a wired connection.

I think I might give up on this one pretty soon if I don't get better.
Old 02-15-19, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I take it back. Played about 10 rounds today (not counting the rounds where I did instantly due to not finding a weapon) and I did a lot better. Had about 10 kills and 2 squad wins. Starting to get the hang of things.

I also discovered that you can choose your server right before my last win. Was able to cut my ping down from 60 to 25 which probably helped some.

Any of you guys playing on PS4 should add me and we can try and get a group together this evening.
Old 02-17-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 02-27-19, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Shame this is a battle royal game because they definitely put a lot of effort into it.
Old 02-27-19, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
Shame this is a battle royal game because they definitely put a lot of effort into it.
They just used their titanfall 2 assefs to make the game.

been playing this a ton, best Battle Royale game.
Old 03-01-19, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gmanca

They just used their titanfall 2 assefs to make the game.

been playing this a ton, best Battle Royale game.
Yup...those sons of bitches got me.

I still prefer TItanfall though. Hell when theres a Supply Drop it pretty much looks like Titan dropping into battle.
Old 03-04-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well credit is where credit is due.... Apex Legends Reaches 50 Million Players In Its First Month - Push Square

Apex Legends Reaches 50 Million Players In Its First Month

I just hope the newfound success doesn't put Titanfall on the back-burner and this ends up like Blizzard with Overwatch, seeing Respawn (EA) putting a majority of their resources in Apex and pushing Titanfall back in the corner. They have a golden opportunity to actually expose Titanfall even more....lets hope they do the right thing.
Old 03-04-19, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

I downloaded this and played for about an hour last night. I'm pretty bad at first person shooters. I thought I had gotten one kill, but one of my squad mates received the credit for it. I ended up running around in some matches just trying to avoid people and ended up placing fairly well around 20th until someone killed me.
Old 03-05-19, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I downloaded this and played for about an hour last night. I'm pretty bad at first person shooters. I thought I had gotten one kill, but one of my squad mates received the credit for it. I ended up running around in some matches just trying to avoid people and ended up placing fairly well around 20th until someone killed me.
Just in case you weren't aware, to get credit for a kill you have to knock somebody down and then either you or a squadmate has to kill them, or they bleed out.

If someone in your squad knocks them down and then you kill them on the ground you get an assist for the kill which goes to the original shooter.
Old 03-05-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordred
Just in case you weren't aware, to get credit for a kill you have to knock somebody down and then either you or a squadmate has to kill them, or they bleed out.

If someone in your squad knocks them down and then you kill them on the ground you get an assist for the kill which goes to the original shooter.
Thanks! I did not know that. The tutorial/training didn't really explain that.
Old 03-07-19, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's the patch/nerf stuff that was implemented yesterday.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_de...-notes-guide/6

Old 04-11-19, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

I kind of suck at this, too. What’s the best weapons and characters for new players. I like Lifeline.
Old 04-11-19, 07:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 908 Likes on 768 Posts

what exactly is this game? i dl'd it bc i saw trailer and it looked Borderlandsish, but is it SP or has to be MP?
Old 04-12-19, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It’s a battle royale game so think of it as having some of the cartoonish aspect of Fortnite with the seriousness of Pubg.

imo it’s the best battle royale game out there.

nickdawgy it depends what type of player are you, are you pray and spray when shooting or you have some aim? If you’re spray and pray, get the r-99 and the flatline. If you can somewhat aim get the r-301 and the hemlok.
Old 04-15-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I kind of suck at this, too. What’s the best weapons and characters for new players. I like Lifeline.
The Barrel, Stock and Hop Up attachments make a world of difference in your weapon choices.
I'm a big fan of the Tripletake and Prowler (Lvl3 stock and select fire)

Here's a decent guide.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-more-3/#hopup

Originally Posted by OldBoy
what exactly is this game? i dl'd it bc i saw trailer and it looked Borderlandsish, but is it SP or has to be MP?
Battle Royale set in the Titanfall universe without wall running and Titans.

Originally Posted by gmanca
It’s a battle royale game so think of it as having some of the cartoonish aspect of Fortnite with the seriousness of Pubg.

imo it’s the best battle royale game out there.

nickdawgy it depends what type of player are you, are you pray and spray when shooting or you have some aim? If you’re spray and pray, get the r-99 and the flatline. If you can somewhat aim get the r-301 and the hemlok.
I'd also say get good at aiming for HEADSHOTS. Regardless if I'm equipped with Purple/Gold body armor, those damn headshots take me down the quickest.
Old 04-16-19, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

various buffs/nerfs went live a few hours ago.

https://dotesports.com/apex-legends/...s-coming-today
Old 04-16-19, 04:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 908 Likes on 768 Posts

i'm not exactly sure what "Battle Royale" means in terms of gaming. no story or quests or anything?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.