Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

RESIDENT EVIL 3 (NEMESIS): Remake

Old 12-06-18, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

RESIDENT EVIL 3 (NEMESIS): Remake

Rumour: Resident Evil 3 remake already in the works

Capcom is already working on a remake of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, according to ResetEra member and leaker of all things Resi, DuskGolem.

Speaking in a thread discussing the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake, DuskGolem revealed that a remake of the 1999 survival horror title 'is in full development right now,' but wouldn't comment any further.

'Resident Evil 3 Remake is already in development. I hope Code Veronica happens as I do feel itís the RE game most in need of a remake, but RE3 is the last mainline RE game that needed a version for easier porting in the future (RE0, RE1, RE2 (after REmake 2 comes out), Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, Revelations & Revelations 2 all have versions on MT Framework and RE Engine that be ported to future consoles, only RE3 is missing after REmake 2),' he said.

Resident Evil 3 takes place 24 hours before and after Resi 2, and sees former S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine attempting to escape a zombie-infested Raccoon City while being hunted by one of Umbrella's bio-weapons, the Nemesis.

To be fair, DuskGolem has accurately leaked a bunch of stuff in the past, including details on the Not a Hero DLC for Resident Evil 7. Furthermore, Capcom has said that it would consider the possibility of more remakes after Resi 2 comes out.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/rumo...y-in-the-works
Old 12-06-18, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: RESIDENT EVIL 3 (NEMESIS): Remake

I really hope so. Like they said, RE3 is the last main title that hasn't been remastered or remade.

Would enjoy seeing some of the side games like Code Veronica get some kind of treatment after RE3.
Old 12-07-18, 09:13 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Nemesis is one of my favorites in the franchise, so I hope this comes true.
Old 12-07-18, 09:29 AM

Absolutely love the original trilogy so I'm down. Unfortunately I've liked nothing since other than Revelations. Although I would be down to give Code Veronica another shot (for some reason I remember this one being brutal in how little ammo they give you even compared to the other games)
Old 12-07-18, 03:45 PM

No surprise they are remastering this. Looking forward to it.
Old 12-07-18, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

RE 3 was pretty short if my memory serves me correct. They should wrap CV into it to finish off the original games.

I expect them to eventually redo the original again with the POV perspective.