Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-17, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

I’d like to try to burst my raid bubble with you guys too. I haven’t even done a NF yet. It would have to be pre-planned and probably after 10 ET for me to make it though.
Old 10-31-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be 9pm central for me, so that should work if it works for everyone else. We'll just have to figure out if it's Friday or Saturday. Which ever should work for me.
Old 10-31-17, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

If anyone on the PC end whats to get together for anything. Let me know... =)
Old 10-31-17, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gooter
I’d like to try to burst my raid bubble with you guys too. I haven’t even done a NF yet. It would have to be pre-planned and probably after 10 ET for me to make it though.
If we finish it as a clan, we can Go to the lady in the tower who has a Hawk, and get another Good clan drop.
Old 10-31-17, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If we do finish as a clan, we can Go to Hawthorne in the tower who actually has a Falcon, and you can get another drop for Yourself
Old 10-31-17, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
If we do finish as a clan, we can Go to Hawthorne in the tower who actually has a Falcon, and you can get another drop for Yourself
I've seen Die Hard enough times on regular TV to know what Falcon really means.
Old 11-01-17, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Any PC users looking to knock out some raids?

One is out today
Old 11-02-17, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no report on Activision's Q3 conference call, Buzz?
not enough "doom and gloom" to report I guess
Old 11-02-17, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't been on much this week. Think I've completed a couple milestones, getting my 6th character to 305.

Wouldn't mind trying to get the Baths challenge done for the emblem.
Old 11-03-17, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its a good thing I was pretty much done with this game, as the last system update bricked my console. Can't even boot into safe mode.
Old 11-03-17, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear, I am not sure how an update to a single game could affect your console turning on.

For those still following along, Faction Rally is back next week.

Also as for the patch I did notice that there were a few more players in the world for public events, however, I did three events and two had multiple players but one only had one other so I am still not sure if they have actually address the issue.
Old 11-03-17, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I checked the Bungie Forums and didn't see reports of console issues with the Patch. You can check the Help Forum and see if there are other.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Top...=0&d=0&lang=en

Per Brian.....Also as for the patch I did notice that there were a few more players in the world for public events, however, I did three events and two had multiple players but one only had one other so I am still not sure if they have actually address the issue.

....looking at the Bungie>Destiny 2 forum, don't think there's a lot of hype, hope and positive feedback.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Top...stiny2&lang=en
Old 11-03-17, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Its a good thing I was pretty much done with this game, as the last system update bricked my console. Can't even boot into safe mode.
Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
Sorry to hear, I am not sure how an update to a single game could affect your console turning on.
Originally Posted by K&AJones
I checked the Bungie Forums and didn't see reports of console issues with the Patch. You can check the Help Forum and see if there are other.
Old 11-03-17, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like Xur is selling the Graviton Lance. What is the consensus? Worth getting?
Old 11-03-17, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It looks like Xur is selling the Graviton Lance. What is the consensus? Worth getting?
In theory it sounds great, but it's pretty much garbage. I'd still buy it if you don't have one in case it get's a much needed buff.
Old 11-03-17, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
In theory it sounds great, but it's pretty much garbage. I'd still buy it if you don't have one in case it get's a much needed buff.
I have one and use it, not bad but not great either
Old 11-03-17, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
That would be 9pm central for me, so that should work if it works for everyone else. We'll just have to figure out if it's Friday or Saturday. Which ever should work for me.
we going to try and run Skillz and Goot through the raid tonight?
I'm good for 9 CT
Old 11-03-17, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
we going to try and run Skillz and Goot through the raid tonight?
I'm good for 9 CT
Tomorrow would probably work better for me, but I will be around both nights. It would have helped if it wasn't the weekend COD came out.
Old 11-03-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tomorrow would work better for me as well, but I might be able to squeeze in tonight if others would rather do that. Though if we do tonight, we might have to push the time just a bit later. Either way just let me know, I have the app on my phone if you don't see me on.
Old 11-03-17, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This weekend is bad for me but don’t let that stop you sheparding Skillz through it.
Old 11-03-17, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn they fixed the faction rally lost sector farming and lowered the public event token rewards. I guess I won't be getting as many packages next week.

Damn you RNG gods. 2 weeks of crappy milestone rewards so all 3 characters are still 304.

Last edited by Krayzie; 11-04-17 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-04-17, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I should have mentioned this before, but I'm probably going to be on far less than I have been in the past. This isn't Destiny related. Even if the game had more compelling reasons to play I'd be seriously cutting back my playtime. Still playing late nights, just not Destiny (much).

Hell, I forgot about Xur until Skillz mentioned it in the thread. Something's very wrong when Skillz has more of a finger on the pulse of this game than I do!

I'll be around tomorrow though if we can get a group together.
Old 11-04-17, 05:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

and i'm back, was able to fix my ps4 this afternoon. Turns out I was using the wrong type of cable to connect the controller to the ps4, it would provide power to charge, but no data.
Old 11-08-17, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's amazing to me how my perspective on this game has changed in the last month.

The first Faction Rally came out and while I wasn't super excited and thrilled, I at least got some fun out of it. That was also the week I got my second account rolling. Four weeks later and I can barely build up the desire to play on one character, let alone 6.

Now I'm not here to do another hatchet job on the game, though why decided to fuck with the faction tokens is beyond me. I am glad that people found a new token farm that's even more broken than the one last montn.

That being said, as the freak here who put in most hours to this franchise so far, I felt I should at express why I've lost interest.

1) D1 demanded more of your time, but typically paid off that investment. D2 was designed for people to drop in, leave and feel they got something out of it. But what you get out of it is usually crap you've gotten 5 times already. And it's not like you ever feel like you're missing a great weapon (unless you didn't pick a Nameless Midnight when you had a chance or 3).

2) D2 is just less fun solo than D1. Much of my time in D1 was spent doing stuff on my own. Sure, I did plenty with the Daggers and with other groups I managed to piece together when y'all weren't available, but if I was left to my own devices it was still enjoyable. I just don't feel that in D2. The only reason to do patrols at all are for the public events that become old really quick. And if you're stuck doing one alone, good luck getting the heroic one finished. Strikes are tedious, and Crucible is awful as a solo player (not that I enjoyed it much in D1 either).

3) The Daggers kind of died. This goes back into #2. We had this discussion among some of us, but we as a clan failed to really expand our circle of players enough to sustain interest. We weren't as welcoming to new clan members as we should have and were a bit too stuck in our ways of playing with the core group. I take my part of the responsibility in that one. So once the core group got tired, so did I. And I just didn't have the desire to pop on the100 and get into random groups like I did in D1.

4) D2 became a chore much faster than D1. I could easily be accused of "No-lfiing" Destiny 1, because I basically did. According to WastedOnDestiny.com, my 3 accounts logged a total of 6,146 hours into D1. For D2, I'm at 460. Still a huge amount for 2 months, But those hours are top heavy with getting characters through the story, quests and the climb to 305. It's not a repeatable event. So those numbers a bit deceiving. There's no way I'll ever top my time in D1. Hell, I will never come close to those numbers in any game ever again. That's probably a good thing.

5) Real Life is better than D2. I think as a look at those numbers for D1 above, I've come to the conclusion that I didn't play it so much because I loved it, but because I had nothing better to do. Destiny was great if you wanted to feel a sense of accomplishment or a sense of community. Whether it was helping myself or helping countless others, I could log in and feel I was doing something productive, even though I really wasn't. D2 just doen't have that feel to me. A lot of that has to do with the other reasons above. The sense of community just feels like it's not there anywhere near as much as it was in D1/

The last couple of weeks I went from pretty disappointed in D2 to uninterested in it. Real life has knocked me for a loop in some weird and wonderful ways. And with that my desire to pop into the tower has disappeared. I don't want to spend 6000 hours in D2. I may not even want to hit 600! Having two accounts now feels like it was a huge miscalculation here (I waited over a year to do that in D1).

I've even lost interest in the Curse Of Osiris. I don't even know if I want Bungie to try and win me back. I don't know if they can.

I want to thank those of you here that I've played with over the last 3 plus years. You guys have been true friends in a time where I didn't have many. Back when it looked like I wouldn't even be able to join you on this part of the journey you stepped up and made sure I wasn't left behind. I will be forever grateful to you for that, and for providing some of the few bright spots I've had over the last few years.

It may sound like it, but this isn't goodbye. I'm not walking away from D2, or the Daggers. It's just time to try and enjoy it with some moderation. If y'all come back, I'm sure I won't be too far away.
Old 11-08-17, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Scott...that's the most I've heard from you outside the weekly Xur Report.......but great feedback & insight from someone who I regard as a solid "Destiny Guru".

D2 wasn't on my radar and probably got a tongue lashing for describing it as "Just D1 with a fresh coat of paint, a few new maps, enemies and abilities" to get you to bite. I'm not some Destiny Wizard of know-it-all but I looked at what D1 had become and what they were saying D2 was and I had my doubts. I got because a friend who was playing the campaign/story said it was "pretty fun and cool"....this was before the story was completed....and then that's when everything changed.

Games in general are suppose to be......"Fun....Challenging....Rewarding...Enjoyable...and a Sense of Accomplishing Something" and if co-op & MP is involved even more so. I got that in D1 and sure countless millions did to in both solo and in groups but that feeling stayed longer. With D2, I got the feeling of more or less playing an expansion....not a new game....that felt something missing and I didn't play no where near what some here has played.

I've been here on this forum going way, way back to the days of DVD Talk Halo Clan with the original Xbox. And those days were almost parallel with the Daggers and D1. We had a good size group, the game was a blast in every mode (we're talking Halo 1 & 2 here) and we all had fun. Sadly the group split due to one side wanting to be more serious in MP and other side casual. But that was it...in D1 we seemed to have...."Fun with a Fun Game". Some us might have sucked...especially jumping...but we all stuck together even though probably drove Scott to drinking....but in the end we all felt some satisfaction and rewarding.

In D2...just didn't get nothing...no rewarding, no real satisfaction, no sense of accomplishing anything except a question of, "Just what the heck did I get for playing 2-3 hours?" And one look on the Bungie>D2 Forum you see the same feeling and it's not just in one area; it's the entire game. In D1 sure a few issues & complaints here in there. In D2 it seems everyone has a 20+ Point List.

I hope Destiny can continue, get better and stay alive which it will but Guardians are leaving and going elsewhere.....COD, Fortnight, AC: Origins, Shadow of War, Warframe, South Park and Star Wars is coming up (I have at least four at work who play D2 are getting this)....anywhere where they get that feeling of fun, rewarding, and enjoyment again. It's up to Bungie if they want to bring it back to D2 or....D3.....Thanks Scott, well done.....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.