Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-17, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

I just spent an hour reading the first 23 pages of the ole Daggers thread
most fun I've had in Destiny in weeks (besides a couple helper raid runs, no offense)
Old 11-25-17, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

won't even go into XPgate, but ......

twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/934489098294722560
"Next week the Destiny 2 team will detail the systems side of the December update.
It includes: economy updates (vendors & acquiring their gear, tokens, legendary shards), investment updates (new reward systems for weapons & armor) gameplay updates, and more. (1/2)"

twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/934489194432303104
Additionally, @knowsworthy and I will also be answering some questions and addressing community feedback we’ve been reading since launch.
See you soon. (2/2)
Edit: English

.... can't say I have complete confidence but finally the deafening silence is addressed (other than a few words about the live team)

this after I removed the D2 disc from my PS4 last night and fished out my D1 disc
Old 11-25-17, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the highest hopes anything major will really change. They are looking at a complete overhaul of how the game plays if they just want to get back to what D1 was like in Year 3.

I'll try to remain optimistic though.
Old 11-26-17, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm still willing to do a wait & see but the real question is why did it all come to this in the first place. Me and about everyone else said they really enjoyed playing the game; the action, maps, style and mechanics and even the story/campaign....but that's where it ended. They really need a complete overhaul & upgrade the economic system and include some crafting so to expand more choices and possibilities with armor & weapons. The Mod System needs more choices; like maybe three mod slots and Legendary Mods maybe. And of course, the Number #1 issue...the reward system.

I just wonder if they are stuck on trying to work with what they have already or willing to think and go outside the box....

Update...just saw where Bungie is offering a "Free Trial" of D2 starting tomorrow....

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ins-this-week/

....now why on earth would you want to offer a Free Trial the same week you're promising to lay out some big changes in the game. And wasn't there already a beta of some sorts to try prior to the game? It's probably like they saw where Sony Playstation had the biggest and best Black Friday sales in it's 22 year history and they want in on the gravy train.....

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-27-17 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-28-17, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Our plans for tomorrow have changed. Check out the Bungie Blog tomorrow (Wednesday) for developer commentary about Destiny.
To be very clear, we are no longer planning a stream for tomorrow. Look to the blog on Wednesday for statements on what comes next.

Thank you!
Tomorrow will be about tangible promises and release dates.
4:18 PM - 28 Nov 2017

thank the maker

and in case you weren't already invested in the game, there is a free trial going on right now and even if you are invested for console it gives you the chance to check it out for PC I guess if you have the required specs
https://www.destinythegame.com/free-trial

Last edited by musick; 11-28-17 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-29-17, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by musick

and in case you weren't already invested in the game, there is a free trial going on right now and even if you are invested for console it gives you the chance to check it out for PC I guess if you have the required specs
https://www.destinythegame.com/free-trial
Hope no one actually expects to play this since they just announced a 6 hour downtime for maintenance tomorrow.

Really losing hope that there is any leadership and vision at Bungie.
Old 11-29-17, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazon DOTD for $25.95 on all three platforms. That's one heck of a sale for a game that hasn't even been out three months yet (and even better for PC players)
Old 11-29-17, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Amazon DOTD for $25.95 on all three platforms. That's one heck of a sale for a game that hasn't even been out three months yet (and even better for PC players)
There is a very clear reason why it is on sale.

And while new players may be perfectly happy with the product, Bungie has done its absolute best to alienate its player base after three years of a great game in D1.

Yes D1 got off to a rough start as well but they had it running well at the end of Rise of Iron.

Endless token scavenger hunting is mind numbingly pointless along with no story and nothing worth grinding for.

Doubtful they can recover from this.
Old 11-29-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was it Best Buy a few days ago was offering Free Destiny 2 game with purchase of a PS4...

...between Bungie and EA, I don't know who has become more clueless as to what gamers actually want versus what they want. Two of the most highly anticipated games of the year; Destiny 2 and Star Wars Battlefront II have become the USS Titanic's instead slowly sinking with those in charge in total denial of the situation at hand....
Old 11-29-17, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still enjoyed my time with Destiny 2 and thought it was worth my money

I put 20 - 25 hours into it (more than I get out of most games now) and moved on to other games until the DLC comes out.

I remember trying to go back to D1 at some point before Rise of Iron came out to see if I wanted to stick with it, but there were so many new currencies and tokens in place with no explanation, that was the main reason I never picked up the expansion and just waited around for D2. I hope they don't make things too confusing with this one either. Hopefully they can find a happy medium for everyone.
Old 11-29-17, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

getting ready to read/digest (hopefully not throw up)

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46504

EDIT: we'll the info provided is a good starting point and I'm sure much of it had already been long planned out

I do particularly like this
Legendary Weapons will drop as or be upgraded to become Masterworks versions
Masterworks will have a few advantages over the baseline Legendary weapon:
Track and display the number of kills with that weapon (with choice between total count or Crucible-only count)
Generate orbs for you and your allies on multi-kills
Add weapon stat bonuses that are selected randomly from a small pool and are re-rollable
We are also moving Ranked PVP to the top of our priority list for next year to support the competitive community
not sure about the wording of random re-rollable "stats" as that just seems like another simple mod (if it was perks it would be something) but even more excited for generating orbs on multi-kills as a way to increase ability to have multiple supers

and even though i was copied and pasted above I can't say I really care about the kill count display as I never even look at the kill tracker ghost info or care about the emblems that show kills either

Last edited by musick; 11-29-17 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-29-17, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you haven't checked it out yet do yourself a favor and listen to the following podcast
better than anything I read in the blog today and actually some of the most encouraging stuff I've heard in years from these guys

http://podbay.fm/show/260716482/e/1511992800
Old 11-29-17, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pretty hopeful from what I read on the blog. It seems like they are addressing a lot of the major stuff that has made the game not as enjoyable. I'll have to listen to the podcast when I get a chance, but this might be enough to get me playing again with some regularity.

I like the fact that you can now buy those elusive Kinetic mods
Old 11-29-17, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chase3001
I'll have to listen to the podcast when I get a chance, but this might be enough to get me playing again with some regularity.
Seriously, take the time you aren't (currently) using playing D2 to listen to it all the way through, it is very refreshing to hear

It's about 48 minutes, time wise just pretend we are waiting for Cruz to get done at the tower
Old 11-30-17, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I hope Bungie has listened and hope they do get the game on track...but...their past record is not exactly beaming with hope....

...no question the crux of Destiny 2 is the Reward & Economic System. It's become a double whammy for players who tread for 2-3 hours feel like they've come away emptied handed.

Both the Rewards & Economic System actually go hand-in-hand. No matter what rewards you get, you should be able to use them somehow, break down, convert, sale, infuse...something better than sitting there gathering dust. They are so close to making the Mod System really working which I still believe is a central key.

They could expand it with more variations allowing players with more fine-tuning and custom building of characters. Add another Mod Slot, Have common, rare, Legendary and Exotic Mods. Obtain Special Mods via Strikes or even Planet Specific. And one thing I'd like to see, have Amor Set bonuses and that includes armor off sectors on planets.

....all this I'm sure is going to be a wait and see with probably a majority with one foot in and one foot back. But it's all on Bungie and if they don't come thru.....well...going to be a long, long 2018.
Old 11-30-17, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well I hope Bungie has listened and hope they do get the game on track...but...their past record is not exactly beaming with hope....
I don't even know how to respond to this. Their past record is why I'm holding out hope, along with most others. D1 was a mess when it was first released, but they made big strides to address most of the complaints most people had about the game. The reason people are upset with D2 is that most expected/hoped it to be a continuation of the experience we had in year 3 of D1.

Changes they have announced are a step in the right direction.
Old 11-30-17, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

I hope they bring back the loot cave!
Old 11-30-17, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
I spent the better part of 8-10 hours shooting into a cave getting my second guardian to max level. Worst was when I'd get all excited when I ran in there and saw a purple....only to have Ragu decrypt it into a rare item.

That's what's missing though. When I see a purple drop now I couldn't care less because I have everything I need and I know what the roll will be since there's only one. It's mind boggling that they went to static rolls all for the sake of trying to become an esport.
Old 11-30-17, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you haven't checked it out yet do yourself a favor and listen to the following podcast
better than anything I read in the blog today and actually some of the most encouraging stuff I've heard in years from these guys

http://podbay.fm/show/260716482/e/1511992800
Going to give this a listen this afternoon. Still look forward to the Osiris drop. Miss playing with you guys and I miss my destiny loot!
Old 11-30-17, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
When I see a purple drop now I couldn't care less because I have everything I need
You don't have the Hopscotch Pilgrim in D2 yet. Gotta grind them all!!!
Old 11-30-17, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
the problem is the game is already a loot cave
it's too easy to get everything as there is no variety
EDIT: didn't read killer's post above before posting where he pretty much just said the same thing

they actually bring up the loot cave in the podcast I referenced
Old 11-30-17, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I don't even know how to respond to this. Their past record is why I'm holding out hope, along with most others. D1 was a mess when it was first released, but they made big strides to address most of the complaints most people had about the game. The reason people are upset with D2 is that most expected/hoped it to be a continuation of the experience we had in year 3 of D1.

Changes they have announced are a step in the right direction.

As I said...."Their past record is not exactly beaming with hope"....and you confirmed it with what everyone was HOPING Destiny 2 would be....which wasn't. Throw in Bungie's constant meddling with D1 with first you need this and that and later no, no, you need this other this and that and that other stuff is actually worthless now. The big difference with D1 and D2 was you collected more stuff in D1 but most ended up worthless. In D2 you're collecting more shards because of the rewards and stuff are worthless and below your level. They've have two Destiny games where the economic system has been half-as*ed, broken and almost useless to a certain extent. The reward & loot system was better in D1 no question about it.

Yes, they have announced changes but go back to square one...Everyone was hoping Destiny 2 would be better in every phase and it wasn't....except maybe the story/campaign part. Which begs the question(s)...why wasn't it and how come Bungie didn't make D2 overall better and why does D2 feel like a step backward? In fact I'm willing to bet that if you took a poll among Destiny players and asked, "which version did and do you have more fun and satisfaction with more, D1 or D2?"....the majority would pick D1. So in the same retrospect, would the majority have a good deal of "Hope" Bungie will come thru based on the whole picture with Destiny 1 & 2 in the mix?

...and for the record I do hope they get it right or at least point in the right direction and I'm sure several million would agree....it's a difference between Hope & Faith....
Old 11-30-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

the problem is the game is already a loot cave
it's too easy to get everything as there is no variety
EDIT: didn't read killer's post above before posting where he pretty much just said the same thing

they actually bring up the loot cave in the podcast I referenced
Easy enough to get crap, but still next to impossible to get the things you actually need.

For example, last week I actually played quite a bit of Iron Banner. In fact I got in the the daily challenges on all my characters for 6 of 7 days. I earned 40 tokens on each one each day, meaning 2 packages for each.

I still don't have a complete set of IB armor on any character. Nor did I get the pulse rifle, which was the one I didn't get during the first IB. Out of 36 packages, I got 2 items I didn't have already. My warlock needed one item and went 0 for 12. I put close to 20 hours into just PVP last week, and threw out 34 of 36 IB rewards.

Loot drops all the time, but the big problem is getting it to drop specific items, which they are fixing to a certain extent. But this should have NEVER been a problem in the first place. And there are just so many problems with D2 that should have been done. They broke so many things that didn't need to be fixed. And the things they tried to fix by doing it are STILL FUCKING BROKEN!

The loot was changed so they could better balance PVP. So you could use a better variety of weapons to use there. Yet how many people roll with a MIDA or Nameless kinetic, Uriel's Gift or Number and a rocket or sword? Hell, you can run only auto rifles because of how they can outshoot most any weapon from any range right now.

The broke so much of the game at the sake of PVP, and yet PVP still fucking sucks ass. 4 Vs. 4 was supposed to limit lag, yet I still ran into heaps of it last week. It was supposed to lead to more balanced matches, but nope, still blowouts most of the time. And on top of all that, it's boring! For Clash last wek, everybody just hung back in groups and teamshot. Sometimes you could flank if you had a heavy or super or you were facing idiots, but for the most part it was line up together on both sides and just shoot into the other crowd. Boom.

They broke so much of the game for the sake of this boring, unbalanced laggy shit.

And that doesn't even begin to talk about the throttling of XP they've been doing, which they "fixed" by doubling the amount of XP you need to rank up now. Way to go Bungie! And as I listen to the podcast, they still don't get the fucking point of why this was bad. Lets slow down the thing that allows you to earn the rewards that you would normally have to pay for. Instead, they feel the problem was in the fact that the game lied about just how much it was holding you back.

They pushed the people who played their game the most out with every fucking choice they made. That's the biggest problem with the game right now. Hell, did they even mention anything about vault space?
Old 12-01-17, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the loot duplicates is really broken. Hell, the one and only time I ran the raid with you guys I got the same weapon three times. That was really disappointing.
Old 12-01-17, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There's about 5-6 here at work are big Destiny players and are all gung-ho with the update coming next week. We got to talking and they're all excited and pumped and then I simply asked, "so...you think Bungie will come thru with improvements"......and suddenly it was like, "well...I don't know. So far it hasn't been good, not really sure, should've been fixed long ago, should've been this and that, etc..."

Then I asked, .."well, what happens if it's not better. Are you going to still play, do something else, give up, give Bungie another chance". Most said probably play still but cut back quite a bit and/or do something else. I seriously look at this new mega Patch Update as a almost Live Again or Fade Away for D2.

...and I really miss those Crota Runs and seeing 10-12 Daggers with A & B teams...though we probably drove Scott mad a few times but I still look back and say those were right up there fun times like I had with Horde Mode in GOW.....and now it's like, "What the Hell happened"......

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.