Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-18, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: Destiny 2 - 9/8/17 (PS4,XB1,PC)

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Damn, down to $10.84 now (still $25 on XB1). I wonder why the hell it's so cheap? Maybe they are coming out with a newer version with the expansions, kinda like how they did with The Taken King.
From what I've read they've done nothing but piss off Destiny players since this released, and the active player numbers are plummeting. This is surely an attempt to stop the flood.
Old 03-12-18, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, hopefully you pick it up and get some enjoyment out of it. At under $11, it's a no brainer. You should get plenty of hours out of it for that. I don't think I've booted it up this year yet, but there are still plenty of people on my friends list playing, so I'm sure you will also run into some fellow Daggers here.
Old 03-12-18, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
From what I've read they've done nothing but piss off Destiny players since this released, and the active player numbers are plummeting. This is surely an attempt to stop the flood.
there is a sense of great entitlement within the Destiny community
there has been since early in D1 but has grown even stronger over the years
some of the complaints are valid, most of it is just noise

I paid almost $100 for D2 (but that includes the 2 expansions)
I've already got my money's worth and will continue to do so
can't tell you how to spend your money but $16 or less for the core game is a bargain in my opinion
Old 03-14-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I finally get a chance to sit down and play d2, and the servers are down? Does that happen a lot? It just says to go to help.bungie.net but I don't see anything about servers being down there
Old 03-14-18, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I finally get a chance to sit down and play d2, and the servers are down? Does that happen a lot? It just says to go to help.bungie.net but I don't see anything about servers being down there
Not a Bungie/Destiny issue but a PSN maintenance issue
Old 03-21-18, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I've made it up to level 11, and am enjoying it as a single player game so far. What happens when I finish the story and/or get to level 20? Is it pretty much grouped content only at that part, or can I still progress my character solo?

Btw, maybe I suck (actually I KNOW I suck) but it seems to me that the best strategy in this game so far is to just rush towards the enemies and punch them in the face? I'm not sure why I should waste 10-20 bullets trying to kill someone from far away, if I can just run up and 1-shot them.
Old 03-22-18, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 447 Likes on 314 Posts

So I've made it up to level 11, and am enjoying it as a single player game so far. What happens when I finish the story and/or get to level 20? Is it pretty much grouped content only at that part, or can I still progress my character solo?
Yeah, but it would be a hell of a grind on your own, and would take forever.

Btw, maybe I suck (actually I KNOW I suck) but it seems to me that the best strategy in this game so far is to just rush towards the enemies and punch them in the face? I'm not sure why I should waste 10-20 bullets trying to kill someone from far away, if I can just run up and 1-shot them.
Because the shooting mechanic is the best thing about the game, and if it's not fun to shoot things, then why the hell are you playing it?
Old 03-22-18, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, but it would be a hell of a grind on your own, and would take forever.

Because the shooting mechanic is the best thing about the game, and if it's not fun to shoot things, then why the hell are you playing it?
Well it's not that the shooting isn't FUN, it's that my aim is so bad that I go through a ton of bullets and time killing anything, and it just seems silly when I could just run up and punch them in the face.
Old 03-22-18, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,664 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Well it's not that the shooting isn't FUN, it's that my aim is so bad that I go through a ton of bullets and time killing anything, and it just seems silly when I could just run up and punch them in the face.
Depends on where you shoot them too - for example, shoot Vex in the white liquidy shit in their stomachs whereas headshots will make Cabal heads pop off.

If your aim is really bad, maybe lean more toward autorifles that are more "spray and pray". I use autorifles just because I don't really like pulling the trigger multiple times.
Old 03-22-18, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the aiming in Destiny is pretty good
guess it just depends on the archetype weapon you are using and its perks
obviously a SMG is going to be less stable than a scout

if you are having issues you can always adjust the sensitivity in the settings tab

or you can just continue punching shit which is fun as well
Old 03-26-18, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"What's the worst that can happen" cut to > LOL
Old 03-27-18, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really don't see this as fixing anything. There still nothing to do, no unique rewards to chase. Having 2 primary weapons is boring. They need to bring back D1s weapon system.
Old 03-27-18, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Me007gold
I really don't see this as fixing anything. There still nothing to do, no unique rewards to chase. Having 2 primary weapons is boring. They need to bring back D1s weapon system.
I agree there isn't much to chase at this point but that isn't the main focus of this update thought there will be Nightfall specific reward drops (with strike specific drops to follow later)

If you are not a PvP player, which I know you aren't, you may not have reason to be as excited but to dismiss it as not fixing anything is a bit naive

try using a kinetic and Fighting Lion if you find 2 primaries boring :P

Last edited by musick; 03-27-18 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-27-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
I agree there isn't much to chase at this point but that isn't the main focus of this update thought there will be Nightfall specific reward drops (with strike specific drops to follow later)

If you are not a PvP player, which I know you aren't, you may not have reason to be as excited but to dismiss it as not fixing anything is a bit naive

try using a kinetic and Fighting Lion if you find 2 primaries boring :P
If they are unique sure, but if its just a reskin of a Better Devils or Uriels Gift, or whatever, then its just one more thing to collect because its there. Mods 2.0 has the potential to fix a large part of the problems with the game, but I am not holding my breath. They have my money through the next expansion, but its going to take something major to get me back(and most others i assume) for the "comet" expansion later this year.
Old 03-27-18, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Me007gold
If they are unique sure, but if its just a reskin of a Better Devils or Uriels Gift, or whatever, then its just one more thing to collect because its there. Mods 2.0 has the potential to fix a large part of the problems with the game, but I am not holding my breath. They have my money through the next expansion, but its going to take something major to get me back(and most others i assume) for the "comet" expansion later this year.
yes but I thing this statement makes it sound like it will be more than just a reskin .....

Each terrible villain that players face should have a very rare and powerful unique item, themed to them, that tumbles to the ground as they collapse into a pile of bones.
strike specific rewards in D1 were pretty good .... I expect the NF strike specific rewards would rise to at least that level

Last edited by musick; 03-27-18 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-27-18, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

patch notes

Strikes

Nightfall strike unique rewards
Possible rewards include Legendary weapons and Exotic accessories
Drop rates increase in likelihood based on score thresholds

Strike repetition reduction
Players will no longer see the same strikes back-to-back in strike playlists

Challenge Card
Increased the Power handicap maximum from 40 to 45

Fixed an issue where “Tree of Probabilities” wouldn’t end immediately after Valus Thuun’s death if he was killed very quickly

Fixed an issue where players could respawn below the boss fight of “A Garden World”

Fixed an issue where vehicleswere not rewarding points when destroyed

Fixed an issue where Orbs granted points in public areas

Other

Exotic repetition reduction
Protections were put in place that prevent back-to-back duplicate Exotics from Exotic Engrams

Fixed an issue where some emblems were not displaying what statistic they track

Prometheus Lens correctly appears in the Exotic weapon collection for players who acquired the item from Xûr without owning Curse of Osiris

Reduced interaction time for patrol beacons and activity totems from 3 seconds to 1 second

Fixed an issue where applying or previewing a shader on an item would return players to the top page of the shader inventory

Sandbox

Weapons

Pulse Rifles
Increased PvE damage for all Pulse Rifles by 16%
Increased rate of fire for adaptive and high impact Pulse Rifles
Adaptive: from 360 rpm to 390 rpm (+8.3%)
High Impact: from 320 rpm to 340 rpm (+6.3%)
Increased base damage for adaptive, high impact, and rapid-fire Pulse Rifles
Adaptive: from 14.5 to 16 (+10.3%)
High Impact: from 16 to 18 (+12.5%)
Rapid-Fire: from 12 to 12.5 (+4.2%)
Increased precision multiplier for lightweight Pulse Rifles from 1.5x to 1.6x (+6.7%)
Decreased precision multiplier for adaptive Pulse Rifles from 1.55 to 1.475 (-5.8%)
Design Note: This keeps precision damage close to where it is now, when you factor in the base damage and rate of fire buffs above. This puts most of the buff into body shots, but in the end, this still increases precision damage overall.

Scout Rifles
Increased PvE damage for all Scout Rifles by 15%
Increased base damage for high impact Scout Rifles from 37 to 40 (+8.1%)

Hand Cannons
Increased PvE damage for all Hand Cannons by 15%
Precision Hand Cannons deal 0.15x more precision damage, increasing from 1.5x to 1.6x (+6.6%)
Increased hip fire accuracy when using controllers on console and PC by 33%
Increased ADS accuracy when using controllers on console and PC by 25%

Sidearms
Increased PvE damage for all Sidearms by 15%
Increased hip fire accuracy; reduced cone by 20%
Increased ADS accuracy; reduced cone by 12%
Increased inventory (allowing more reserve ammo to be stored)
Increased range falloff start by +1 m
Increased ADS movement speed

Submachine Guns
Increased PvE damage for all Submachine Guns by 10%
Set optics to 1.3x

Linear Fusion Rifles
Increased PvE damage for all Linear Fusion Rifles by 50%
Increased aim assist
Decreased flinch multiplier

Shotguns
Increased PvE damage for all Shotguns by 35%
Increased aim assist on SUROS precision Shotguns

Sniper Rifles
Increased PvE damage:
By 20% for yellow bar enemies
By 40% for red bar enemies
Increased precision damage, which now scales with the weapon’s rate of fire
Changed from 2.5x for everything to 3.0x at the lowest rate of fire up to 3.5x at the highest rate of fire
Increased aim assist

Grenade Launchers
Increased blast radius
Drum-Fed Grenade Launchers: +0.5 m
One-Shot Grenade Launchers: +1.0 m

MIDA Mini-Tool
Decreased the MIDA Mini-Tool’s optics to match other Submachine Guns
Prevented the stacking of Lightweight and the MIDA Mini-Tool’s Lightweight perks
Adjusted player movement speed to match the MIDA Multi-Tool

Auto Rifles
Decreased range by 10 for all precision Auto Rifles
Decreased aim assist for all precision Auto Rifles

Perks

Scaled up PvE damage for the following perks:
High Impact Reserves
From 1.12x to 1.30x (+16%)
Kill Clip
From 1.33x to 1.53x (+15%)
Rampage
From 1.33x at 3 stacks to 1.65x while at 3 stacks
Also increased duration from 3 seconds to 3.5 seconds

Dragonfly
Buffed damage
From 50 to 65 (+30%)
+30% additional damage against combatants
Updated FX

Explosive Rounds
Decreased PvE Explosive Rounds damage multiplier by 15%
Increased PvE damage for the base weapons to compensate for this decrease

Grave Robber
Reloads 50% of the magazine instead of 30%

Timed Payload
Splits damage 55/45, explosive/direct instead of previous split which was more direct damage

Abilities

Increased Super regeneration rates from 6:40 minutes to 5:00 minutes

The output of every increment of the Mobility stat, from 2 - 10, has been increased allowing for a significant boost in player speed

Vanishing Step (invisibility upon dodging) and Vanish in Smoke (Smoke Bomb invisibility)
Dodging remains unchanged and still breaks both aim assist and projectile tracking for the duration of the actual dodge
The invisibility granted by Vanishing Step no longer breaks aim assist or projectile tracking in PvP (unchanged in PvE)
Increased the duration of invisibility granted by Vanishing Step by 1 second
Increased the duration of Smoke Bomb invisibility by 1 second

Increased the movement speed of “melee Supers” (Fist of Havoc, Sentinel Shield, and Arc Staff)
While these Supers are active, sprint speed is automatically set to the fastest possible sprint speed (no additional perks needed)
Characters automatically sprint when you request forward movement
Increased movement acceleration to reach max speed almost instantly

Titan

Increased the distance the player travels with an untargeted airborne shoulder charge attack (Shield Bash, Seismic Strike, and Hammer Strike) back to 4.5 m

Lift
Strafe Lift
Increased top speed of Strafe Lift
Catapult Lift
Increased the initial horizontal acceleration gained from activating Catapult Lift
Increased the amount of time Catapult Lift can be active to allow for more control

Hunter

Arc Staff
Increased the speed of the Arc Staff dodge animation
Increased the speed of all Arc Staff attack animations
For Arc Staff Super cast animation and all Arc Staff melee attacks, reduced the amount of time you’re locked in animations before you can move or attack
Increased the AoE range of all Arc Staff attacks

Warlock

Glide
Overall
Increased the initial extension of vertical speed gained from activating Glide to allow for quick, on-demand bursts of speed
Strafe Glide
Increased the top speed of Strafe Glide
Greatly increased the horizontal acceleration of Strafe Glide to allow for more in-air maneuverability
Increased Strafe Glide’s max height to match the other vertical movements
Burst Glide
Greatly increased the top speed of Burst Glide (higher than Strafe Glide’s top speed)
Balanced Glide
Recalibrated Balanced Glide to gain some of the added speed of Burst Glide and some of the added horizontal acceleration of Strafe Glide.
Design Note: Our intent is for Balanced Glide to have some of the properties of both Burst and Strafe Glide without being as potent as either version.

Dawnblade
Decreased the cost of throwing sword projectiles with the Daybreak Super, allowing for one additional throw
Increased the Super duration extension gained from the Everlasting Flames perk (~+20%)
The buff granted by the Swift Strike melee ability now removes all in-air accuracy penalties while active
Decreased the Icarus Dash cooldown from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
Increased the grenade and melee energy that Heat Rises gives you per kill from 10% to 16%
Fixed an issue where players could throw infinite numbers of Nova Bombs in
Mayhem

Mods

Mods that affect ability regen rates (i.e., for grenades, melee, and class abilities) now have increased output (16.667% per mod). They still cap at 3 mods (50% regen rate).

Crucible

Weekly Featured Playlist (Rumble, Mayhem, Iron Banner)
Each week we will rotate among Rumble, Mayhem, and Iron Banner playlists in the Crucible

Crucible repetition reduction
Enabled repeat map protection for Quickplay, Competitive, and Iron Banner playlists

Quitter penalties
Incomplete matches in Competitive Crucible playlists will now result in a warning or temporary (30 minute) suspension from Competitive and Osiris
Competitive playlists

Added invisible physics and kill volumes to keep players inside the intended playable area on a number of maps.

Iron Banner
Now features 6v6
Time limit is 12 minutes
Score limit is 125 points
Respawn time is 7 seconds
All Control Zones start off neutral
Additional Guardians (max of 3) in a zone increases capture speed
Emperor’s Respite has been removed from the Iron Banner Control playlist
Power ammo
Recurring side crate respawn times reduced from 90 seconds to 45 seconds
Initial side crate respawn times reduced from 90 seconds to 30 seconds

Crucible gameplay/ammo improvements
Quickplay (Clash, Control, Supremacy) match length has been extended to 10 minutes, with score limits adjusted accordingly

All modes
Increased assist and kill credit time from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds
Increased Super energy granted to players for both kills and assists
Players who are defeated while carrying Power ammo will lose all of their Power ammo and drop 50% of it on the ground as a brick
This brick is visible to all players, and anyone can pick it up
The brick expires after 30 seconds
The brick requires a full .25-second interaction instead of a passive walkover
This interaction can be interrupted if the player takes damage

Quickplay

All modes
Match length has been extended to 10 minutes, with score limits adjusted accordingly
Respawn time for all Quickplay game modes has gone down from 5 seconds to 2 seconds
Recurring side crate respawn times reduced from 90 seconds to 60 seconds
Neutral crates for Clash/Supremacy are unchanged
The player Super display has been removed from the HUD
Players can still access this information in the death screen and while in Nav Mode (when their Ghost is out)
The player Super display remains unchanged in Competitive

Control
Reduced initial side crate Power ammo respawn times from 90 seconds to 30 seconds
Changed the amounts of Super energy players get for capturing zones
Players on the capturing team get slightly less than before
Players participating in the capture itself get 2x that amount

Clash/Supremacy
Initial side crate Power ammo respawn times reduced from 90 seconds to 60 seconds

Competitive (Includes Trials of the Nine)

All modes
Tracker is now turned off
Design Note: This is to enable more flanking and expression of individual power.

Survival
Reduced recurring neutral crate respawn times from 75 seconds to 45 seconds
Reduced respawn time to 7 seconds

Countdown
Reduced recurring side crate respawn times from 60 seconds to 45 seconds
Lowered revive lockout time from 20 seconds to 7 seconds
Players no longer lose revive tokens on death

Crucible Power Ammo Crates

Rockets
Now: 1 rocket
Was: 2 rockets

Drum-Fed Grenade Launchers
Stays at 4 grenades

Single-Shot Grenade Launchers
Now: 6 grenades (may be capped by weapon inventory size)
Was: 4 grenades

Sniper Rifles
Now: 6 shots
Was: (variable) 2 mags, capped at 6

Shotguns
Now: 5 shots
Was: (variable) 2 mags, capped at 4

Slug Shotguns

Fusion Rifles
Now: 5 bursts
Was: (variable) 4–5 shots based on mag size

Wardcliff Coil
Stays at 1 volley

Swords
Now: 6 swings
Was: 30% of total Energy, capped at 9 swings

Linear Fusion Rifles
Now: 4 shots

The Prospector
Now: 8 grenades
Was: 4 grenades

Legend of Acrius
Now: 4 shots

Tractor Cannon

The Colony
Stays at 4 shots

D.A.R.C.I.
Now: 8 shots

Borealis
Now: 8 shots

Last edited by musick; 03-27-18 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-27-18, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by musick

strike specific rewards in D1 were pretty good .... I expect the NF strike specific rewards would rise to at least that level
or not ..... LOL
Old 04-04-18, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

some transcript notes from the Q&A during the Bungie Bounty today

https://imgur.com/a/AXEXp

of note:

Josh H: we're actively working on weapon slot changes right now
summer change hinted at

Josh H: Absolutely you're going to see the average TTK get significantly faster

EDITED with new expanded transcript link

^ video of Q&A if you like listening instead of reading

Last edited by musick; 04-04-18 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-04-18, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bungie inviting content creaters to playtest
Old 04-05-18, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

something be threatening Rasputin

better not be Cornholio
Old 04-06-18, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sorry Killer

Due to a late-breaking issue that’s been discovered through internal testing, Iron Banner 6v6 is being postponed.

We’ve found that all players in 6v6 matches are returned to Orbit with ANTEATER errors when reaching certain score and timer conditions. We are actively working on a fix for this issue, but will not be able to release this by April 10.

As such, Rumble will be replacing Iron Banner next week as the featured gametype in the Weekly Crucible playlist. As noted in yesterday’s blog update, Rumble will now feature 6-player Free-for-all with additional spawn fixes coming in Hotfix 1.1.4.1 on Tuesday. Iron Banner will return as soon as we can issue a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/244272740
beep boop
Old 04-06-18, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...886617088?s=19

*In response to recent player feedback, we are reducing the amount of time it takes for players to be returned to Orbit due to inactivity in Strike playlists. Players will now be removed after 3 minutes of inactivity.
beep boop
Old 04-06-18, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, I'm going to be the Ice Breaker here and end Ice's streak of posts. Heh

Kinda glad I wrapped up that chest ornament on both accounts during the last IB, and that they're not adding anything new with IB. Makes the postponement less of an issue with me personally. I think my second account still needs that Shotgun, but nothing else.
Old 04-18-18, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

from the TWAB (yes, a day early this week due to the summit)

Warmind hard power level cap will be 380 ... soft cap 340
progression will be significantly slower from 370 - 380 than 340 - 370 (about equal time)

also Masterworked versions of exotic weapons look like they will have their own unique something

Last edited by musick; 04-18-18 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-23-18, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Warmind reveal teaser

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.