Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fire Emblem Heroes (Android & IOS)

Old 02-14-17, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fire Emblem Heroes (Android & IOS)

Anyone else playing this? I've never played a Fire Emblem game before this one, but I have to admit, it's pretty fun. I'm on chapter 8 now and starting to get my butt kicked so I was trying to see what type of teams people were using. Currently I have Lucina, Hector, Sharena, and Oboro. I have Lucina doing most of the attacking, and using Sharena to help her rally attack and and Oboro rally defense. So far it's been a pretty good strategy.
Old 02-14-17, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes (Android & IOS)

I have it downloaded but am dreading having to reroll to get decent starters, so haven't started it up yet.
Old 02-14-17, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm probably missing something very basic here never having played any of the games in the series, but what do you mean by reroll to get better characters? I thought you either had to level them up by playing or through rubies, or by luck using the orbs?
Old 02-14-17, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's a "gacha" game, and some units are obviously better than others so people often reset the game to get new starting units until they get a decent pull. In this case I think you have to delete the app. While it's true that power creep will eventually make these units obsolete, it helps a great deal to get optimized units early. Or people just really want certain characters.
Old 02-14-17, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't put any money into it, but I'm kind of obsessed with it right now. Playing it at least once or twice a day for about 20-30 minutes at a time.

I've leveled up the three original (and un-summonable) characters to 4-star. Eventually 5-star, just for the novelty of it. Of course, only being able to get 1000+ feathers from the arena once per week is incredibly tedious. Hopefully they have more promotions coming up, or loosen the restrictions around that a bit.

Here's my roster:

★★★★★ Marth, 22
★★★★★ Raven, 22
★★★★★ Tiki (child), 22
★★★★ Kagero, 21
★★★★ Anna, 20
★★★★ Tiki (adult), 20
★★★★ Laslow, 13
★★★★ Sharena, 13
★★★★ Alfonse, 12
★★★★ Sophia, 1
★★★ Cherche, 13
★★ Olivia, 12

My arena team is the first four, but I can only consistently win in Beginner.
Old 02-19-17, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the story on normal and now on the final chapter on hard. I really like the game, so hopefully they add some more content soon.
Old 03-03-17, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally finished on hard and am now on chapter 5 on lunatic difficulty. I really wish they would do something with the stamina system. It's pretty broken on higher levels. You can only play 3 rounds before you have to stop for several hours to let it recharge.