DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/637801-nintendo-switch-building-new-generation-hardware-scratch.html)

EdTheRipper 12-27-17 05:36 PM

Re: Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Thanks for the info guys, I legit had no idea.

clappj 12-27-17 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper (Post 13233954)
Thanks for the info guys, I legit had no idea.

If you do end up picking up an extra set of Joy Cons, then you might want to grab one of these, so you can charge all four at once.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR6JD1M/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is as good of a price as I have seen on the charger.

fujishig 12-27-17 08:53 PM

I dunno, you might as well get the charging grip since you'll need one to emulate a full controller with the second set of joycons.

Man, they have us over a barrel with these accessories. I still can't believe they sell the blue and red straps separately.

Sonny Corinthos 12-27-17 10:10 PM

I must have been doing something wrong as Christmas Day was the first time we have played it and are still getting used to it. Thanks everyone.

zero 12-27-17 10:52 PM

WHAT!?!? We're getting an Arcade Archives version of Double Dragon!?!?

https://www.thumbsticks.com/nintendo...2017-12272017/

Sad thing is when this game is played in co-op, it sloooooooows down.

Mike86 12-27-17 11:06 PM

Dang that’ll be my third download in a week.

zero 12-27-17 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13234137)
Dang that’ll be my third download in a week.

Hoping my girlfriend got me Azure Striker Gunvolt for Christmas, still waiting on her gifts to arrive. I got a 75.00 giftcard from friends, so I've decided to spend it on a Wii U. Mainly because the original Wii eShop is being shut down, there are a number of games I want to secure before it's shut down for good.

Mike86 12-28-17 02:52 PM

I finally broke down and bought a Pro Controller today with some Christmas money. I fully expect it’ll now go on sale soon with my luck.

Goldberg74 12-28-17 02:56 PM

Best Buy has Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on sale for $39.99 this week, so it's $31.99 with GCU.

Since I bought it on the 22nd, I'm taking my receipt back today and getting an adjustment. :up:

I am really enjoying this game.

Decker 12-28-17 03:03 PM

It's also on sale for $41 in the Nintendo eStore for those who want a digital copy.

Mike86 12-28-17 03:41 PM

I regret buying that game at full price only because of how often it’s been on sale. Ah well I guess.

Mike86 12-28-17 05:35 PM

I’m satisfied with the Pro Controller so far. Expensive but it’s got a nice quality feel to it. It’s got just the right amount amount of heft where it feels sturdy and the buttons, joysticks, and D-pad all feel good.

Decker 12-28-17 07:26 PM

I thought about getting a Pro Controller, but as expensive as it is, I figured getting a second set of Joy Cons and a charging grip made more sense.

Maybe a Pro Controller will go on sale next Black Friday. :fc;

fujishig 12-28-17 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13234509)
I regret buying that game at full price only because of how often it’s been on sale. Ah well I guess.

It may have Mario in it but it's still an Ubisoft game. The Nintendo brand is the only reason it hasn't been 20 bucks yet.

Mike86 12-28-17 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13234619)
It may have Mario in it but it's still an Ubisoft game. The Nintendo brand is the only reason it hasn't been 20 bucks yet.

That’s why I thought it might not drop in price. I should have known with it being Ubisoft though.

The Questyen 12-28-17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13234617)
I thought about getting a Pro Controller, but as expensive as it is, I figured getting a second set of Joy Cons and a charging grip made more sense.

Maybe a Pro Controller will go on sale next Black Friday. :fc;

If it wasn't for the pro controller I would barely touch my Switch.

RichC2 12-28-17 08:00 PM

Yeah, I'm not that extreme but the pro controller is my favorite gamepad of this generation and it makes aiming in Zelda a lot, lot easier.

I hope other hardware makers take note of the heft at the very least, the weight is perfect.

Mike86 12-28-17 08:39 PM

The Switch is great as a handheld and I honestly don't mind the Joy Cons but I just figured it would be nice to have a more traditional controller for docked mode.

SunMonkey 12-28-17 08:40 PM

I held off playing Zelda until I got a Pro Controller and am glad I did. So much better a playing experience for me.

fumanstan 12-28-17 09:10 PM

I got a Pro Controller a few months back and haven't even used it yet since i've mostly played the Switch in portable mode on the go.

zero 12-29-17 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13234554)
I’m satisfied with the Pro Controller so far. Expensive but it’s got a nice quality feel to it. It’s got just the right amount amount of heft where it feels sturdy and the buttons, joysticks, and D-pad all feel good.

I love my pro controller, the entry price was steep but being able to properly throw a fireball in SF2 is heaven! However I am going to need that Hori joystick in May when the SF Collection releases.

Decker 12-29-17 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13234646)
If it wasn't for the pro controller I would barely touch my Switch.

Really? That surprises me.
I hate holding the Joy Cons individually, but with the docking grip, they seem like a totally serviceable console controller to me (minus a D-pad).

zero 12-29-17 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13234811)
Really? That surprises me.
I hate holding the Joy Cons individually, but with the docking grip, they seem like a totally serviceable console controller to me (minus a D-pad).

Single joycon is perfectly fine for certain games (Strikers, Metal Slug) but even playing Mario Kart with a single joycon my hand starts to cramp. The grip dock is great, but I've hardly used it since getting a pro controller.

Sonny Corinthos 12-29-17 06:17 AM

I love the Pro Controller. It's expensive, but well worth the money IMO.

Decker 12-29-17 08:55 AM

Wow. So you guys think it would be smarter to return the second set of Joy Cons I just bought and get a Pro Controller now instead?