Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-18, 02:05 PM   #201
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,126
Re: Resident Evil 7

what a great adventure. great game!
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-18, 11:28 PM   #202
The Questyen
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,538
Re: Resident Evil 7

Played through the last 2 DLC's today. Not a Hero was pretty lame especially since it was the big hyped one since the launch of the game. End of Zoe was surprisingly fun what with the punching the shit out of the infected and throwing spears at alligators.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 11:36 PM   #203
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,126
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Played through the last 2 DLC's today. Not a Hero was pretty lame especially since it was the big hyped one since the launch of the game. End of Zoe was surprisingly fun what with the punching the shit out of the infected and throwing spears at alligators.
so what are there 4 dlc's? banned footage 1 & 2, Zoe, and Not a Hero? all worth $30?
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 12:39 AM   #204
The Questyen
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,538
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
so what are there 4 dlc's? banned footage 1 & 2, Zoe, and Not a Hero? all worth $30?
Yep those are the 4. I bought the season pass off someone back shortly after the game came out for like half price otherwise I would have waited for a sale. The 4 DLC's have some enjoyable content in them but even combined I don't think they're worth more than $10 or so.

Not a Hero should be free and both that and End of Zoe take place after the main game and kind of wrap up the loose ends.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 10:30 PM   #205
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,126
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Yep those are the 4. I bought the season pass off someone back shortly after the game came out for like half price otherwise I would have waited for a sale. The 4 DLC's have some enjoyable content in them but even combined I don't think they're worth more than $10 or so.

Not a Hero should be free and both that and End of Zoe take place after the main game and kind of wrap up the loose ends.
Not a Hero was free at one point. i dl'd it and have it. Will probably just get Zoe...
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-18, 10:16 PM   #206
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,482
Re: Resident Evil 7

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Out-Today.html

Microsoft and Capcom have released an Xbox One X patch for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard which gives the horror survival title full 4K resolution along with HDR support.

Along with upping the resolution and adding 4K support, the patch will also include a few other features such as improved skin tone display through Screen-Space Subsurface Scattering. To put those techy fancy words into layman's terms, you'll basically be able to see more details on people's faces within the game.

The Xbox One X patch is now available to download for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard so boot up your One X consoles to see some horrific sights in glorious 4K resolution. For players who might not yet have an Xbox One X but are on the fence about it, well you can check out the Resi 7 showcase for the new patch below to see what the power of the X can truly do.

__________________
XBOX GT: MetallicaFamily

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 09:59 AM   #207
dom56
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,919
Re: Resident Evil 7

Wow, I can't beat Mia in Madhouse difficulty tried using the ax and gun combo but I died like 30 times. I read she take about 25 bullets to the head but I could just find 20. Any tips, this is just frustrating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:23 AM   #208
The Questyen
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,538
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
Wow, I can't beat Mia in Madhouse difficulty tried using the ax and gun combo but I died like 30 times. I read she take about 25 bullets to the head but I could just find 20. Any tips, this is just frustrating.
Lower the difficulty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:58 AM   #209
dom56
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,919
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Lower the difficulty.
How? game wouldn't allow to change difficulty. I already beat it in normal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-18, 09:26 AM   #210
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,404
Re: Resident Evil 7

With Halloween right around the corner, I figured this would be the perfect game to play. So far I'm only about 2 hours in, but enjoying it so far. Quick question though, did you guys always fight the father when he showed up? Or would you try and run away and hide? I feel like I'm wasting most of my ammo on him every time he shows up. I found the room with the shotgun in it but haven't been able to get it yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-18, 09:49 AM   #211
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,126
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
With Halloween right around the corner, I figured this would be the perfect game to play. So far I'm only about 2 hours in, but enjoying it so far. Quick question though, did you guys always fight the father when he showed up? Or would you try and run away and hide? I feel like I'm wasting most of my ammo on him every time he shows up. I found the room with the shotgun in it but haven't been able to get it yet.
i believe there is a big father fight, couple actually, but when he just shows up you run and hide like a country mouse...
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-18, 07:22 PM   #212
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,404
Re: Resident Evil 7

Now things seem to be going much better. I finished the chainsaw fight, got the shotgun, and found the last dog head. Looks like I'm heading outside now. Just over 3 hours in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 01:41 PM   #213
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,404
Re: Resident Evil 7

Finished this last night! I think my overall time was just over 10 hours. Overall I really liked it but really could have done without the entire ship portion. By the end I was too overpowered, which made the final encounter not very challenging at all unfortunately. Other than that it's a really good RE game. Not sure exactly where I would place it, but probably third or fourth in the series. Now on to the DLC!
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP Playstation ID: Skillz247LP Wii U: Skillz247LP Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 04:45 PM   #214
Koby
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kametsu
Posts: 1,155
Re: Resident Evil 7

I hope they don't make another numbered edition of RE like 7.

It's good that people liked it, but I simply couldn't play it even with the shaky stuff turned off in the settings. The game made me nauseous playing it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Ended up watching one of those YouTube fan-game-movies that piece together the cutscenes with a little gameplay to get the main points of the story rather than trying to make my way through the game.

I've really enjoyed the RE series and how it's evolved or devolved (depending on how you view it) through the years. It's nice to see the experimentation and it was nice that they opted to get away from RE6 which imo was the worst of the mainline titles. Though in terms of gameplay my favorite modern game was Revelations 2. Would love to have more of that. RE2Remake seems similar, and I'm definitely going to play it asap, but Revelations 3 when? lol.
__________________
[MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Trakt.tv]
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-18, 05:14 PM   #215
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,126
Re: Resident Evil 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I hope they don't make another numbered edition of RE like 7.

It's good that people liked it, but I simply couldn't play it even with the shaky stuff turned off in the settings. The game made me nauseous playing it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Ended up watching one of those YouTube fan-game-movies that piece together the cutscenes with a little gameplay to get the main points of the story rather than trying to make my way through the game.

I've really enjoyed the RE series and how it's evolved or devolved (depending on how you view it) through the years. It's nice to see the experimentation and it was nice that they opted to get away from RE6 which imo was the worst of the mainline titles. Though in terms of gameplay my favorite modern game was Revelations 2. Would love to have more of that. RE2Remake seems similar, and I'm definitely going to play it asap, but Revelations 3 when? lol.
7 made you nauseous? it was typical FPS, i thought. slower even which helps to make less of an affect...
__________________
"be kind rewind" Movie collection
"Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0