Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Old 11-18-19, 10:49 AM
  #126  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,318
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Hey Lopper, what did you remap the controls to? Thanks
Reg attack to RB, Force attack to RT, stasis on X, push on Y.

This lets me keep my thumb on the right stick for camera control during combat and makes handling more than one enemy much much easier.

I also remapped heal to the windows button (or whatever the one with two squares is on the X box controller). It's easier for me to quickly reach that than it is to hit up on the d pad.
lopper is offline  
Old 11-18-19, 02:13 PM
  #127  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 40,180
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

I don't love having to go back to a planet you've already been to. I mean, I get it; after obtaining certain abilities and being able to access parts you couldn't before is very Metroid-Vania and kind of the point. But once on a planet, I prefer to just 100% that place before I move on, and my light-OCD kicks in when I have to leave a planet when it's only 62% completed, and have to come back to it later, just for some small trinkets. I'd much rather do that stuff while I'm already there. That, and the load times for each planet is so long, the less back and forth, the better.
slop101 is online now  
Old 11-18-19, 03:45 PM
  #128  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 40,180
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Hey, wait a sec... is the main character in this the bi-polar kid from Shameless?
slop101 is online now  
Old 11-18-19, 03:45 PM
  #129  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,416
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Hey, wait a sec... is the main character in this the bi-polar kid from Shameless?
Sure is! Also Jeramiah from Gotham
Noonan is offline  
Old 11-18-19, 09:46 PM
  #130  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 38,061
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Put in about 5 hours over the weekend. I think I finished up the planet I'm on (2nd one I've been on) but I got lost and couldn't find my way back to the ship. lmao Great game so far.
yeah, getting certain places can be tricky as fuck. the map is good (can see all levels, rotate, see what's blocked and what's unexplored), but figuring out what level you need to be and traverse the area and then figure out how to is so satisfying.
OldBoy is offline  
Old 11-18-19, 11:39 PM
  #131  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11,494
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I don't love having to go back to a planet you've already been to. I mean, I get it; after obtaining certain abilities and being able to access parts you couldn't before is very Metroid-Vania and kind of the point. But once on a planet, I prefer to just 100% that place before I move on, and my light-OCD kicks in when I have to leave a planet when it's only 62% completed, and have to come back to it later, just for some small trinkets. I'd much rather do that stuff while I'm already there. That, and the load times for each planet is so long, the less back and forth, the better.
is it necessary to go back in order to finish the story portion of the game? Or is it just for collectibles?
mhg83 is offline  
Old 11-19-19, 02:10 AM
  #132  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 40,180
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
is it necessary to go back in order to finish the story portion of the game? Or is it just for collectibles?
I think it's a little of both, but more collectibles.

slop101 is online now  
Old 11-19-19, 08:39 AM
  #133  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Gooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 2,417
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Reg attack to RB, Force attack to RT, stasis on X, push on Y.

This lets me keep my thumb on the right stick for camera control during combat and makes handling more than one enemy much much easier.

I also remapped heal to the windows button (or whatever the one with two squares is on the X box controller). It's easier for me to quickly reach that than it is to hit up on the d pad.
Thanks Lopper! Much better! Made all the changes except I kept heal as D-pad up.

Do you use auto-lock on combat? I swap back and forth trying to see if I like it or not.
Gooter is offline  
Old 11-19-19, 09:08 AM
  #134  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,416
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
yeah, getting certain places can be tricky as fuck. the map is good (can see all levels, rotate, see what's blocked and what's unexplored), but figuring out what level you need to be and traverse the area and then figure out how to is so satisfying.
I feel like I walked through the whole planet like 5 times and couldn't figure out how to get back. I think it's Zeffo? I could get back to the outskirts where you had to use Force to stop the big paddle wheels to jump across but there's one where when starting, you had to jump downwards. No way to get back up that way and I couldn't find another route back to the ship.
Noonan is offline  
Old 11-19-19, 09:24 AM
  #135  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,318
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Thanks Lopper! Much better! Made all the changes except I kept heal as D-pad up.

Do you use auto-lock on combat? I swap back and forth trying to see if I like it or not.
I donít think I use auto lock, unless itís in by default.

Its crazy how much of a difference changing the button mapping made for me, and equally crazy to me that the devs didnít include a similar layout as a preset option, if not the default. Itís a literal game changer.

I still struggle parrying certain enemies, bosses and the dual wielding elites specifically. I end up brute forcing my way through those guys.

And Iím constantly impressed by how big these levels are. I spent a ton of time on one of the planets and was already wowed by its scale, but then I had to revisit the location later in the story and even more of the area opened up. I just love it.
lopper is offline  
Old 11-19-19, 09:46 AM
  #136  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,790
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

I made the swap to Lopper controls as well.
Maxflier is offline  
Old 11-19-19, 10:23 PM
  #137  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 38,061
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I feel like I walked through the whole planet like 5 times and couldn't figure out how to get back. I think it's Zeffo? I could get back to the outskirts where you had to use Force to stop the big paddle wheels to jump across but there's one where when starting, you had to jump downwards. No way to get back up that way and I couldn't find another route back to the ship.
yeah, that tripped me up to for quite awhile. finally figured it out. some wall running, i think swing on a rope, get to top. fight a big nasty and then found the ship finally to get the hell out of there. things opened up now...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 11-19-19, 11:16 PM
  #138  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,822
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
parry, block and use that slam lightsaber move. don't forget to use health pellets from BD-1...
Still having issues. I moved on for now since it isnít required.
Mike86 is offline  
Old 11-20-19, 07:13 PM
  #139  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11,494
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

While the combat is really fun the backtracking is a pain in the ass. Is there a fast travel system or at least a return to ship fast travel option? The BT is sucking a lot of the fun out of the game
mhg83 is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 08:38 AM
  #140  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 10,625
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

For those of you deeper into the game, have you come across any spoilers? I ask because of the lack of a demo and that being the excuse.
Rob V is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 08:41 AM
  #141  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,416
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
For those of you deeper into the game, have you come across any spoilers? I ask because of the lack of a demo and that being the excuse.
Not really and I've been to 3 planets now (maybe 10 hours?) The story is still very basic.
Noonan is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 09:06 AM
  #142  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,318
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
For those of you deeper into the game, have you come across any spoilers? I ask because of the lack of a demo and that being the excuse.
Iíve seen some things that Iíd consider spoilers for the games story, for sure. Nothing earth shattering, but Iím glad I didnít know them going into the game.
Id also heard that
Spoiler:
Darth Maul
was apparently trending on Twitter or something the other day, so I wouldnít be surprised to see them make an appearance.
lopper is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 09:08 AM
  #143  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,416
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Iíve seen some things that Iíd consider spoilers for the games story, for sure. Nothing earth shattering, but Iím glad I didnít know them going into the game.
Id also heard that
Spoiler:
Darth Maul

was apparently trending on Twitter or something the other day, so I wouldnít be surprised to see them make an appearance.
Maybe because you get
Spoiler:
the double sided saber upgrade?


Noonan is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 11:00 AM
  #144  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,483
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

^ they showed that during the trailer at XO19. IMO that should have been saved for the player to experience.
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 11:02 AM
  #145  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,416
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Glad I didn't see that trailer then!

I really love the saber customization in the game but it's a shame you never really get to see it during the game other than the color. All the mods are mostly only visible when you're in the menu to customize.
Noonan is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 11:19 AM
  #146  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,318
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Maybe because you get
Spoiler:
the double sided saber upgrade?





That and you also go to
Spoiler:
Dathomir (sp). I believe thatís his home planet. If not, all the enemies there have the horns, so it makes sense to me.



Outside if the three main force powers, Iím finding a lot of the upgrades kind of worthless. The
Spoiler:
saber throw

in particular. I canít think of a single time Iíve found it useful.

However, I highly recommend unlocking the
Spoiler:
force pull and impale enemies
as soon as possible. Itís badass.

I donít know whatís a spoiler and what isnít so Iím staying on the safe side.

And the more I play, the more I dislike the fact that force doesnít recharge over time.
lopper is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 11:21 AM
  #147  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 12,416
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Has anyone tried to fight that giant monster on the first planet that's just hanging out up top? I couldn't find a route to get to him.

I finally took out that frog-like optional boss down there last night. He was a bitch, even with dropping down with an air attack.
Noonan is offline  
Old 11-21-19, 11:42 AM
  #148  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 40,180
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Maybe because you get
Spoiler:
the double sided saber upgrade?




I got that almost right away on the second planet - and wouldn't consider that a "spoiler" at all - it's as much a spoiler as an add-on to a gun in Call of Duty would be, IMO. It was pretty uneventful, and honestly, that "upgrade", while looking cool, doesn't work as well as the standard does.
slop101 is online now  
Old 11-21-19, 02:26 PM
  #149  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,318
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I got that almost right away on the second planet - and wouldn't consider that a "spoiler" at all - it's as much a spoiler as an add-on to a gun in Call of Duty would be, IMO. It was pretty uneventful, and honestly, that "upgrade", while looking cool, doesn't work as well as the standard does.
Right. I would add it to the list of mostly useless 'upgrades.'
lopper is offline  
Old 11-23-19, 12:43 PM
  #150  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,140
Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11/15/2019: PC, PS4, XB1)

Finished this up this morning. Far better than I was expecting based off the early Souls comparisons that turned me off completely. The character models are rough and the lead is about as generic a character as has ever been created but it is really fun to play which is the most important part. I didn't think I needed a Uncharted/Tomb Raider style game in the Star Wars universe but I was wrong.
The Questyen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.