Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Titanfall 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Titanfall 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Originally Posted by Rival11
Reboot your damn modem or router or something - there's a ton of people online and I've never had one problem jumping into a game at all.
What does rebooting a modem/router have to do with someone's concern over the number of active players?
Old 11-18-16, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The game seemed a bit easy on Normal so I set it to Hard, I got to Scorch and he's kicking my ass. Do I suck, is there a trick to to beating him, or a fundamental error I'm making?
Old 11-18-16, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

My copy arrived at Walmart to be picked up so looks like for the holidays I'll be Dooming and Titanfalling....
Old 11-18-16, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Game is DOTD at Best Buy today. Under $30 now with GCU.
Old 11-18-16, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
What does rebooting a modem/router have to do with someone's concern over the number of active players?
Possible NAT/PAT issue - not only does it limit what you can join but you may not even see other players who have a different NAT type then yours. Rebooting/resetting sometimes fixes this without having to make adjustments on the router.
Old 11-18-16, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm kind of being a smart ass as I don't even know if that's an issue anymore but.....just reboot your damn equipment anyway.
Old 11-18-16, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Possible NAT/PAT issue - not only does it limit what you can join but you may not even see other players who have a different NAT type then yours. Rebooting/resetting sometimes fixes this without having to make adjustments on the router.
I'm kind of being a smart ass as I don't even know if that's an issue anymore but.....just reboot your damn equipment anyway.
None of this is applicable for the game reporting the number of concurrent users. You're trying to fix a non existent technical problem

Last edited by fumanstan; 11-18-16 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-18-16, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

None of this is applicable for the game reporting the number of concurrent users. You're trying to fix a non existent technical problem
Again, it actually does....if your NAT type is strict and all others aren't it definitely can and will affect what you see (including in the counts section as well). Without question.

Take UFC 2 for example - I kept trying to join online fights - it would report only 100 users online and I could never make a connection - my NAT connection was set to strict (so actually yeah, this is still an issue that could happen) once fixed, it said over 4.500 users online and I could connect to fight with no issues. This happened to me back when the game first came out - there was no mention of a "strict NAT" type anywhere I just knew it was due to what was happening - there was a setting off in my DMZ.

Last edited by Rival11; 11-18-16 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-18-16, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Again, it actually does....if your NAT type is strict and all others aren't it definitely can and will affect what you see (including in the counts section as well). Without question.

Take UFC 2 for example - I kept trying to join online fights - it would report only 100 users online and I could never make a connection - my NAT connection was set to strict (so actually yeah, this is still an issue that could happen) once fixed, it said over 4.500 users online and I could connect to fight with no issues. This happened to me back when the game first came out - there was no mention of a "strict NAT" type anywhere I just knew it was due to what was happening - there was a setting off in my DMZ.
I'm aware of NAT issues and know what you're trying to get at, but a game like Titanfall 2 that should be using dedicated servers shouldn't be affected by strict or moderate NAT settings that a peer to peer game would be (presumably your UFC game, but don't know anything about that game in particular).

I could be wrong and Respawn could always be doing something funky on their side, including reporting player counts, but it's unlikely to me. Anyway, carry on

-random guy on the internet in IT that works in the industry
Old 11-18-16, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

-random guy on the internet in IT that works in the industry
you are aware that is me as well right? Microsoft said that dedicated servers would eliminate NAT issues but.....a lot of games are using a hybrid model - I don't think there is a way of telling either. Also, even if dedicated servers are the only thing being used - you will still run into issues if you are trying to join up with people in a lobby or are trying to use group chat - this is common and you can easily find info on it via a search - mainly because even with dedicated servers.....people are still having NAT issues.
Old 11-18-16, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

you are aware that is me as well right? Microsoft said that dedicated servers would eliminate NAT issues but.....a lot of games are using a hybrid model - I don't think there is a way of telling either. Also, even if dedicated servers are the only thing being used - you will still run into issues if you are trying to join up with people in a lobby or are trying to use group chat - this is common and you can easily find info on it via a search - mainly because even with dedicated servers.....people are still having NAT issues.
Things like voice chat issues would be completely irrelevant to the very specific issue you were responding to - which is number of active players reported by the game. But if you really feel that rebooting their modem/router fixes that number for Titanfall 2, I obviously can't stop you from recommending it
Old 11-18-16, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

PC version of Titanfall 2 is $32.99 on Origin with code TITAN20

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/sto...andard-edition

And retail from Amazon -

https://www.amazon.com/Titanfall-2-P...iglink20241-20

I'm really tempted just for the campaign, but prices seem to be dropping quickly and I have enough of a shooter backlog that it seems destined to go lower.
Old 11-19-16, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I started the game this morning and stopped right at the beginning of "Blood & Rust"...

I like the overall look and feel so far. Doesn't seem "crowded' with too many options to toggle back& forth with yet with the 'Slide & Wall Run' gives you a nice touch of doing more.

Still messing with the guns but they feel classic yet advance...somewhat like COD III that felt advanced yet real. And just two grenades so far, frag and shock along with the Titan Rocket....the weapons feel, handle and sound good.

I am still getting use to the wall run with double jump...it's about the timing. The "Double Jump" is a straight-out "Hunter" from Destiny move which had Double and also a Triple with some special arms...and the timing was all about it. It is fluid with the wall run, jumping and climbing.

I really cannot say much on the BT unit now since I just got him, did that first part and that's it. So far it seems you have a sort of Flux Electro Shield, Lock-on Rockets, a machine gun, a nest up close smoke electro screen and of course melee. Later on are there more options you can get and add?

I did find two Helmets I assume are some collectables...are there other collectable because I kept looking around where I had to get the cores and while it's not some big open sandbox there are some places to look around...I just didn't know for what or if anything else besides the helmets.

So far not bad...but I did like the sneak up execution...that was way cool looking.
Old 11-19-16, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Just got to the
Spoiler:
time traveling stuff in the campaign

Awesomeness
Old 11-19-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shit, I think my time here really is done...cant even post comments on what a POSSIBLE issue would be Fuman trying to school me on NAT and PAT - yes, for the 10th fucking time, those issues can be directly fucking related. What a joke - stick to creating tickets and sending them up to us higher levels to resolve for you but if you send me a ticket for a left handed mouse, I'm going to kick it right back to you.

As for the actual game, I'm still loving it...getting a tad stale but it picks up for me again when I find a new weapon I like (talking multi-player only).
Old 11-19-16, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts

You just came off as a douche...
Old 11-19-16, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Shit, I think my time here really is done...cant even post comments on what a POSSIBLE issue would be Fuman trying to school me on NAT and PAT - yes, for the 10th fucking time, those issues can be directly fucking related. What a joke - stick to creating tickets and sending them up to us higher levels to resolve for you but if you send me a ticket for a left handed mouse, I'm going to kick it right back to you.
I don't see how I was trying to "school you" on anything, I simply disagreed with your belief that NAT issues would affect a datacenter reporting the number of active players on a game that uses dedicated servers and that rebooting a router/modem would help fix that. Bringing up how NAT could affect voice chat isn't really relevant, which is all I was pointing out in my last reply. I even admitted that I could be wrong Not sure why that set you off and led you to resort to personal attacks and assumptions about my job, but that's somewhat funny to me since a few people here know what I do for a living. It's just a discussion and disagreement, chill out and lighten up maybe?

Last edited by fumanstan; 11-19-16 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-21-16, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't see how I was trying to "school you" on anything, I simply disagreed with your belief that NAT issues would affect a datacenter reporting the number of active players on a game that uses dedicated servers and that rebooting a router/modem would help fix that -

Once Again, NAT can affect this from the user side, disagreeing with me is irrelevant

Bringing up how NAT could affect voice chat isn't really relevant, which is all I was pointing out in my last reply.

See Above

I even admitted that I could be wrong Not sure why that set you off and led you to resort to personal attacks and assumptions about my job, but that's somewhat funny to me since a few people here know what I do for a living. It's just a discussion and disagreement, chill out and lighten up maybe?
Wasn't a personal attack whatsoever but feel free to report it as one. I'm just very tired of making references on this site only to have people constantly try and act like I don't have a clue as to what the hell i'm talking about - take a look at your replies, specifically this one:

"Things like voice chat issues would be completely irrelevant to the very specific issue you were responding to - which is number of active players reported by the game. But if you really feel that rebooting their modem/router fixes that number for Titanfall 2, I obviously can't stop you from recommending it"

That's you trying to end the topic in a smart ass way after me telling you numerous times that NAT can affect those issues.

Just tired of dumb shit like this and I'm not going to think twice before posting on this site because of egos. Just going to post and when people want to drag shit out - I'll drag it out with them. we can even keep this going if you want - I can get the technical details for you as well if you prefer (although it wouldn't be right away as I wouldn't spend that much time on it for you - take this post for example, I'm at work right now so that's why it's so long, the post I did over the weekend - was at work as well).
Old 11-21-16, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wasn't a personal attack whatsoever but feel free to report it as one. I'm just very tired of making references on this site only to have people constantly try and act like I don't have a clue as to what the hell i'm talking about - take a look at your replies, specifically this one:

"Things like voice chat issues would be completely irrelevant to the very specific issue you were responding to - which is number of active players reported by the game. But if you really feel that rebooting their modem/router fixes that number for Titanfall 2, I obviously can't stop you from recommending it"

That's you trying to end the topic in a smart ass way after me telling you numerous times that NAT can affect those issues.

Just tired of dumb shit like this and I'm not going to think twice before posting on this site because of egos. Just going to post and when people want to drag shit out - I'll drag it out with them. we can even keep this going if you want - I can get the technical details for you as well if you prefer (although it wouldn't be right away as I wouldn't spend that much time on it for you - take this post for example, I'm at work right now so that's why it's so long, the post I did over the weekend - was at work as well).
It's ironic to complain about egos when you tried to insult me about what you presume my job is. And I don't think disagreeing with others means assumes the other person doesn't know what they're talking about at all, nor should you take what someone on a forum says in that way.

Send me the technical details in a private message so we don't annoy everyone else, i'd love to see why you insist this is still the case. For reals. I'll even start.

Last edited by fumanstan; 11-21-16 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-26-16, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,340 Likes on 1,028 Posts

My copy arrived yesterday and it only took 20 minutes to install, which is a record. Just played for about 1hr and was fucking amazing! It's taking a bit to get used to, because I don't like the character building portion of it - it's way too busy- but the gameplay is great.
Old 11-27-16, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm half way in The Abyss....so far I like the gameplay where you can stay in BT or get out and both have at it. I am surprised by the amount emphasized on the parkour part but that's fun. Playing in BT is fun....memories of Mech Warrior. The different load outs are cool to play with. The vast amount of weaponry is nice with some general and some a bit futuristic. But I do like the Cloak feature and able to sneak up and do the execution...the cut scene part is nice.

I'm playing normal but if there is one gripe it just seems there is a lot of space not being used. I don't know how big the MP is, various modes, what goes on and maps. I can see the map size being limited in some areas since we are in some jungle but some places I've seen I'm like, where is everybody or is there something else to do? Other than it's been cool.
Old 11-27-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I see that the new DLC is being released this week sometime.
Old 11-29-16, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Started playing the campaign and it's fun as fuck.
Old 11-30-16, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

After putting in a serious amount of hours on Skyrim since release i am close to finishing up most of that game (again). This is back on the frontline of my next to be completed. Such a great game, and its disappointing that it sounds like its not sold particularly well.
Old 11-30-16, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There was a 3 GB update last night but I'm not sure if it was the new DLC since I went to sleep.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.