Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War 4 (XBox One, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-16, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Re: Gears of War 4 (XBox One, 2016)

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Are you sure....I thought I read somewhere the 360 controller won't work...or maybe it was referring to the XO. Heck...if this is true it's even better.....I will look into this and thanks...
100% sure.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1482085186&sr=8-3&keywords=360+pc+usb+dongle
Old 12-18-16, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Went ahead and grabbed the DL off Amazon and found the Microsoft Wireless Adapter for like $18. I'll get it installed and look around to se how it feels with KB & mouse until the adapter comes in....Thank you Decker for the info on the controller...now to find some Horde Friends...again...
Old 12-18-16, 12:43 PM

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

How long does it take to get the code for the previous GOW games? Do they email it to you, or send a message on Xbox?
Old 12-18-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Went ahead and grabbed the DL off Amazon and found the Microsoft Wireless Adapter for like $18. I'll get it installed and look around to se how it feels with KB & mouse until the adapter comes in....Thank you Decker for the info on the controller...now to find some Horde Friends...again...
Didn't you ask this same question a month ago? I thought there were a bunch of answers to this exact thing not too long ago about controller options that you could use on PC.
Old 12-19-16, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Didn't you ask this same question a month ago? I thought there were a bunch of answers to this exact thing not too long ago about controller options that you could use on PC.
Yes...and I was asking more about the new one. I did not know about using the older one. I kept seeing 'This will not work with 360 controller"...."you need a XO controller to play _______"....."This will work under Windows 10 but not this one".......

....it wouldn't surprise me if MS encoded the game somehow to where you were forced to buy XO compatible accessories.
Old 12-19-16, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes...and I was asking more about the new one. I did not know about using the older one. I kept seeing 'This will not work with 360 controller"...."you need a XO controller to play _______"....."This will work under Windows 10 but not this one".......

....it wouldn't surprise me if MS encoded the game somehow to where you were forced to buy XO compatible accessories.
New and old what? 360 and One controllers have always worked fine with PC's with the right wireless adapter and I recall you being linked to the 360 wireless dongle before. And as I mentioned before, even your Dualshock 4 would work using the included Micro USB cable or Bluetooth (although I think you needed some additional software before for button mapping).

http://kotaku.com/the-dualshock-4-ha...lle-1648577637

http://www.shacknews.com/article/970...it-was-awesome

EDIT: Looking back, I guess you just didn't see the additional replies to your questions. Regardless, hope it works well for you.

Last edited by fumanstan; 12-19-16 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-19-16, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...I stopped looking backward on the posts because I actually came close to grabbing one of the XO deals....but the wife's vehicle needed new tires and that idea was shot down along with getting the game and new controller...which I wanted. But the game came up at $30.00 and then was reminded the 360 controller will work so getting the game with adapter under $50 turned out to be a blessing.

Added....wow this DL is huge. I think the biggest one prior to this was the Division on the PS4....but this is over 80+gigs

Last edited by K&AJones; 12-20-16 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-25-16, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fired the game up after getting my 360 controller adapter and actually liking it....and just loving being back with Gears in general. Nothing better than the feel of a Lancer and chainsaw Locust in half. Or using a Boltor or Longshot and popping heads like watermelons.....

Overall it feels the same as previous ones movement, guns, structure of missions and action. The upgraded visuals are noticeable with some different areas along with a few new weapons...and enemies. I sat down and couldn't stop playing till I reached the Act - Chapter 4. The PC handled the game just fine....a Cyberpower PC we got a few months ago. Haven't jumped in and tried Horde yet and wanted to know any surprises and changes there? I assume it's still 40 waves the magic number, the building defenses still the same and getting into random is still ok although with friends it can't be beat.
Old 01-10-17, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...in-huge-update

Old 01-11-17, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I need to get back on this after playing the heck out of it the first two days after installing on the PC. I went back on the PS4 with some other old unfinished games...Borderlands: the prequel, Dying Light, Far Cry 4. Besides the story part I've yet get into a Horde match. Good stuff with the new DLC though....
Old 01-11-17, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm starting to get burnt out on horde mode. We've played through about a dozen times so far on different difficulties. Not sure why, but this is the go to game for our group lately. I'll probably bail out for a bit and wait for some new maps to be added.
Old 10-23-17, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

downloaded update earlier, it's 26.93 GB! For a total of 103.3 GB , surpassing HALO 5's 98.5 GB.

Gears of War 4 October Update Features New Maps and Halloween Event

This Update is a milestone for us for many reasons. Not only does it deliver the last two maps for Gears of War 4, but it also includes support for our incoming Xbox One X Enhancements. We’ll be talking more about the specifics of our Xbox One X Enhancements VERY soon. Stay tuned.
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/2017/10/20/gea...jFB65tvlW31.99
Old 10-24-17, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

True 4K Experience
Get ready to experience unmatched clarity, richness and details with true 4K visuals (3840×2160) in our Visuals Rendering Mode. Even if you’re playing on a 1080p screen, you’ll instantly notice the difference thanks to a 4K super sampled image that brings you a crisper, richer looking Gears game than you’ve ever seen before.

HDR
High Dynamic Range provides increased contrast between lights and darks. Battling your way through a lightning flurry in a windflare has never looked better. Gears of War 4 on Xbox One X supports a wide color gamut for true-to-color definition – just as the artists intended – and now at 4K resolution.

Up to 60FPS For Ultra Smooth Gameplay
We’re excited to announce Xbox One X owners will have two Preferred Rendering Options to choose from in Gears of War 4 – Visuals and Performance!

Performance
Put framerate first. For the first time ever, Gears of War will play at up to 60fps in 1080p in Campaign and Horde – all including higher resolution textures and some of the new enhanced graphical features available in Visuals mode.

Visuals
Push graphical fidelity to the max. This mode uses Ultra Quality Textures, a wealth of new and improved graphical features all at 4K resolution (3840×2160) thanks to the power of Xbox One X. You’ll experience the same frame rates you’ve come to expect from Gears of War 4 – 30fps for Campaign and Horde .

In both Rendering modes, Versus will run at a rock-solid 4K 60FPS (with adaptive resolution scaling).

Dolby Atmos Audio Support
When playing Gears of War 4 on Xbox One, we now offer Dolby Atmos, which gives you immersive, moving audio.

The Dolby Access app lets you set up your Dolby Atmos enabled home theater, TV, or sound bar for free, and lets you try or buy Dolby Atmos for Headphones, which gives you immersive sound on any headphones. Experience the visceral sounds of Gears of War in a way that will make you feel like you’re inside the action, only on Xbox One.

Our Most Immersive World Thanks To New Features
The world of Sera has never been more immersive thanks to brand new features and higher resolution textures – all possible with the additional horsepower and memory offered by the Xbox One X.

Enhanced Light Shafts
Also known as God Rays, Enhanced Light Shafts provide true-to-life beams of sunlight in the world. Prepare for jaw dropping lighting as the God Rays peek through gaps in the canopy of trees above you, or in sunset conditions peeking through buildings and statues.

Dynamic Shadows
Shadows in Gears of War 4 are usually pre-defined by an artist to accurately reflect the shadows objects in the world would cast based on the lighting. On Xbox One X, dynamic shadows now react true to the lighting conditions and movement of objects – for example, trees blowing in the wind will cast an accurate moving shadow on the ground – bringing the world of Sera to life like never before.

Increased Draw Distances
With the power of Xbox One X, we can maintain higher resolution textures at a further distance than ever before – creating a higher fidelity picture and crisper world around you, even on the horizon.

Superior Reflections
We’ve pushed our surface space reflections even further to look closer to as you would expect in real life. Reflective surfaces now have a higher definition reflection of your character – whether that’s in a mirror-like reflection of water, or the muddied color reflective nature of metal. It looks especially awesome on the DeeBee’s metallic armor!

Enhanced Character Textures
With our higher resolution textures now available on console thanks to Xbox One X, characters show more detail from head to toe. They’ve never looked better!

https://www.trueachievements.com/n30...ments-detailed

<iframe width="730" height="411" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2WJWoZ5aJow" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-24-17, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait, you are FORCED to download a 30GB patch weather you have the XB1X or not? If this is going to be normal going forward it's going to suck for people with data caps and no external hard drives.
Old 11-04-17, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ggupbUdtn3k" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...----Video.html