Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Shadow Complex Remastered, Free on PC (last day)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-31-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shadow Complex is a fairly well regarded Xbox 360 Arcade title developed by Epic. Epic has remasted it and is going to release it for XB1, PS4 and PC. For the month of december they are offering it free on PC, you just have to install their "launcher" and create an account (name, nick, email, pwd).

I installed it this morning and from what I can tell it's not as invasive as most other game clients. Install size was fairly small and when you close it it actually closes. I don't see any background stuff running.

https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

I debated just posting this in the games deal thread, but since the offer ends today (I just learned of it myself) I thought I would post it in it's own thread so more people see it today.

EDIT: I was a bit confused on the offer, but a post on their forum clarified that you get to keep the game as long as you get it in December, it's not just free to play for the month of december.

PS. I played the first 20 minutes, and even though they say it is "remastered" the graphics look pretty much like a port. Maybe it's just rose colored glasses and I'm not accurately recalling what the old game looked like, but I would have no problems believing if I was told it was just a straight port. Very serviceable for the gameplay though.

Last edited by wmansir; 12-31-15 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-31-15, 10:17 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 889 Likes on 752 Posts
Re: Shadow Complex Remastered, Free on PC (last day)

when is this coming for X1?
Old 12-31-15, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Shadow Complex Remastered, Free on PC (last day)

I don't know, site just says 2016.

EDIT: looked around the Epic forums a bit and didn't see any more precise info on the release date.

One tidbit I did see posted by the Epic support guy was that as long as you download it by the end of today (Dec 31) it will be tied to your Epic ID and you will be able to uninstall and reinstall it in the future.

Last edited by wmansir; 12-31-15 at 11:00 AM.