Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-19, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Originally Posted by james2025a
I will be back online tonight (from around 5pm Eastern) if you guys are available.
Oh yea...we will be as we continue our quest of knocking out Smuggling which will lead us to wrapping up the game. I think we have one Unknown Buchon, go after the Underboss and then unlock The Beauty Queen.. We'll go to the area in the upper NW corner now and start chipping away on it. We have maybe 1/3 of that done but a lot of Files, Caches and Skill points to get.

Last night is typical of what we've been doing...jump in a copter and fly to the nearest, do or grab, grab another copter and rinse & repeat.....and we had a good time last night even with the tagging and guessing who is getting who....maybe for now on till you get a headset & mic, let you tag first and then we'll follow. For the most part it all worked out. I will say if both go down and I'm it...I'll retreat as far as I can and just wait for re-spawn. It's not like I'm chickening out not running over to revive....want to make sure we all keep what progress, not get spawned a mile away and start over.....I need to remember to use The Flare to distract and draw the enemy away...I hardly ever use that thing but need to.
Old 05-24-19, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah sorry about that first take down with the plane. My final shot hit the guy and then the canisters behind setting off the damn chain reaction which blew the plane. As i said, i am really easy to go along whatever you guys want to take on. Nice to actually play some stuff i havnt been through in a while. Most games i have played recently are running through the recently released free DLC and the repeat of the Predator mission. Prefer to play different stuff and keep it interesting.

If you have a headset and Mic then go ahead and dish out orders and i will follow your lead on it. If not then we can each take a tag number 1-3 and always stick with that number when we are doing take downs. I totally agree if two players are down a third should try making some distance so they can respawn. Frustrating when you are close to doing a mission and final player gets overwhelmed. But as we play through i tend to sit as a passenger on vehicles so you guys can just lead the way.

Oh and i actually love playing that final mission we did last night. Played that quite a few times before. Thing is that the shot i missed was because one of my damn dogs jumped on me as i was taking the first shot. I laughed about it afterwards, but i really get in the zone with this game, so at the time was not best pleased.
Old 05-26-19, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hope nothing bad happened when you got kicked....Tim got kicked earlier....it was weird, he was flying the copter, almost touched down and then everything sort of got still, he said he got kicked, AI Team appeared and here is was in a copter spinning around on the ground....

Thanks for the help again....we lack three missions in that "Unknown" region; we got all the files, caches and medals. Then off to The Beauty Queen....but I still need that one mission in Barchevous that's glitched and bugged thanks to Silent Spade: Snafu. Were you hearing that audio last night...."Dammit...we're too late"....almost every 15 or so minutes back-to-back? The only way to finish that mission...interrogate some dude, timer starts, fly down inside that mining area, rescue someone and get him out alive. But every time we do this...we get some Mission Failed...Ran out of time...and it shows Silent Spade: Snafu....not what we're on.

Tim said either late this evening or late afternoon.....we're almost there...
Old 05-26-19, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The game was buggy as hell yesterday with coop. I played a few times where vehicles were spinning continually and what not. It also happened a few times where I couldn't fire any weapon or throw grenades. It happened one time when I was playing with you guys. I have never experienced that one before, and that's frustrating.

Well I am gonna go online in a few mins, but probably won't be on for a huge amount if time tonight. Had a very long day today and beat.
Old 05-26-19, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The game was buggy as hell yesterday with coop. I played a few times where vehicles were spinning continually and what not. It also happened a few times where I couldn't fire any weapon or throw grenades. It happened one time when I was playing with you guys. I have never experienced that one before, and that's frustrating.

Well I am gonna go online in a few mins, but probably won't be on for a huge amount if time tonight. Had a very long day today and beat.
Sorry to hear all that...which I haven't seen or heard of that extreme before. Might check the GR Ubisoft Forum and see if anything is out there. Might not be playing tonight anyways...Tim just got on...9PM his time and normally he calls it like 10-10:30 anyway. So we'll try tomorrow it seems...maybe the system will be less buggy.
Old 05-28-19, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We were looking for you last night but one friend who we've played with jumped in the party we haven't talked to in awhile was in another game....I asked if he could help with the Silent Spade: Snafu....I tried that El Publo Right Hand Man solo w/ AI.....I didn't even make into the area when I got "Mission Failed - Ran out of time" (Snafu). Didn't even have it clicked. So Tim jumped in and the N9 and he said we give it a go. We failed twice and then N9 saw his friend who had finished the game jumped in and we ended up getting done on the 3rd try. We actually had the 1st but someone placed a mine too close and on the 2nd they took the truck the wrong way.

Then went and did the Right Hand Mission and now I'm done in that area. We now have The Beauty Queen unlocked but we still have two missions left in one area; The Predator and one other. I've got one way down in the lower SE corner that's glitched; showing 5 of 6 but there is no marker or story icon or yellow file so I don't know whats up. We'll be on again tonight...going to The Beauty Queen probably or maybe Predator.
Old 05-29-19, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I couldn't quite figure out what was going on last night with the El Sueno mission. After meeting with the contact, mines were being placed around the area and then gun fighting ensued, rather than jumping in a chopper and heading to the mausoleum. I know from experience that hanging around to try and have a firefight is futile at that point. Serious amounts of rebels incoming. I am also at a tier now that means I get seen very easily and a single hit puts me out of commission. Its challenging and can be frustrating at times, but I am digging the challenge.

Well a couple of nights ago I jumped into a game with a team taking on the Predator mission and managed to get it down for them after 3 attempts. That mission is fun, but I remember hating it first time I played it.

Well I will be online tonight mate and keep an eye out for you. I tries setting up my phone as a Mic last night, but still ironing out the wrinkles.

Oh, and did you do the Yeti challenge yet?
​​​

Last edited by james2025a; 05-29-19 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-29-19, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry about the confusion on the last mission and prior to you joining we had our butts overwhelmed twice. So I said heck with it, I'll place mines everywhere to buy us time to get out on the chopper and take some out so they don't blow us out of the sky....which they did once before you joined.

We just need to make it inside but after you left we go up there only to be cut down before entering. So we'll try again tonight...we just want to finish this thing and then move to Archangel and Predator that will complete it all......maybe 7PM central I'm guessing...maybe a bit sooner.
Old 05-30-19, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally got a headset, so should be audible from this point on.
Old 05-30-19, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got a headset, so should be audible from this point on.
Cool...which one?...also sent you something that I'll be on a bit later...we're going to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters premier this afternoon...3D with reserved seats
Old 05-31-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe its the Turtle Beach 200. I didnt want to spend a huge amount, as not sure how much outside this game i will use it. Tried it yesterday and it seems cool. Certainly makes playing this game more fun.

I kept an eye out for you last night, but didnt see you. Will try again a bit later tonight.
Old 05-31-19, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tim has to go in tomorrow early so once again we'll have to wait till tomorrow...don't think he has to go in Sunday....I just want to get this game done.
Old 06-03-19, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was on and off yesterday and i kept an eye out for you. For the last couple of nights i have had to end it early due to family stuff. We really needed a fourth player on Saturday for the Predator mission. That one really used to irritate me, but i have actually come to really enjoy playing it.

Quite a bit of frustration yesterday playing in teams. For the first few games i played i ended up in squads where each time one person shot me down whilst i in a chopper. Then a couple of squads where they immediately kicked me (i don't get these morons....if you want a specific squad of people then set it to invite or Friends only). Finally followed by some squads who just ignored me altogether and were happy doing their own stuff and didn't listen to me and certainly did't help. I can actually take some satisfaction from these games as i will follow them, wait until they are either with their back against the walls facing down significant enemies, or better still in the process of a mission that requires them to be stealthy, but which will not fail a mission if they get detected. In the latter case i will park myself a suitable distance away and watch and once they are at a point where a single sound will get them in a world of hurt, i will fire a single shot into the base. Sit back and watch the fun.
Old 06-03-19, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really pity and sort of laugh at some of these people & groups who kick & scream about specific players they want. They are going to be in for a real shock come Breakpoint....they don't and won't know the meaning of Team Play.

I saw Tim get on late last night in another game but I didn't bother in because I knew he wouldn't be on long; maybe try again tonight. I did more reading on The predator and we're doing it about right. One guy posted tips and said he had done it over 12 times....

Bring a Vehicle even though the Predator will destroy it...you get another piece of cover...and right up there near the ammo box.
Call in Guns For Hire
Takes a good 20-30 hits to bring down...and that's with a sniper...this person said he used the G28 Sniper in auto but any gun with good handling and accuracy will work.
Use the trees or tree and just keep moving in a circle avoiding standing still too long.
Stay close but not too close....and if one goes down....Shoot & Hit Predator first before revive.
Use Mines...they do help
Crit Shots do the most and when Predator Fires hit him...head shots if possible.
Watch for the Red Circles...splash damage but you're getting close to taking him down....
When he becomes uncloaked and walking, final stage and lay into him but watch for more firing...
When he goes down, use a rifle with scope at long range to confirm kill and run...
Old 06-03-19, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah it's funny the way some people play this game. But each to their own.

Well the first time I beat the Predator mission I only used my sniper and took head shots. That was not in co-op. It still took me about 10 times to beat him. In the last couple of days I have maxed out both by sniper and assault rifles damage, so I think sticking with my assault rifle on the Predator is a good move. Handles well, good rate of fire and a 50 round clip means I can pump out a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

Using a vehicle for an additional place to hide is I agree good. Its seriously the only reason I started taking them. I have noticed one spot on the map between two tree near the ammo crate that seems to be a good place to fire from. Having said that, the area you guys are going to is clearer of vegetation so easier to see him.

I will try getting on tonight and catch you guys. Game was VERY blotchy yesterday. At one point enemies were walking through walls which I have never had before. A guy kept saying that the Breakpoint Beta had started yesterday, so that was why. I don't think he is right, just a day of very busy servers.
Old 06-04-19, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey

Tim had to call it early last night since he had to go in early...but said tonight should be fine. I haven't seen two others we would play with a lot on lately and I don't think neither has done the Predator Mission. If anything I told Tim open it up to public and roll-the-dice....One other gun good or bad is better than nothing but I'll still look and see if I can find someone we know....later...
Old 06-09-19, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kept an eye out, but couldn't see you guys on the game today. Will keep watching through the week.

I completed my final three trophies today and platinuumed the game. Forgot I hadn't done them. Just was to hit Tier 1 now.
Old 06-16-19, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I decided to give the Ghost Mode a try and its very interesting to see how my play style has changed. Knowing that to die in the game means Permandeath and that my Save file will be deleted, means I am playing way more cautiously. Really being tactical on my assaults. 5 missions in and I am actually enjoying it, but the moment I die I think I will lose all interest. Don't like the idea of starting right back from the very beginning.
Old 06-16-19, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't envy you at all...…...Ghost Mode = Insane out-of-your-mind mode more like it.

No idea what's up with Tim...he's now on another game and I don't know when we're going back into GR. I know one other we have played with and in fact me and her did 1/2 the areas together when the game came out...hasn't done The Predator either. Right now everyone is back all over the place.
Old 06-16-19, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I have been keeping an eye out for you both, but not seen much action. I will keep an eye out.

Well its proving fun with Ghost mode, but certainly eats into time. Will mix it up a bit as still trying to hit Tier 1 in regular mode.
Old 06-17-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah I have been keeping an eye out for you both, but not seen much action. I will keep an eye out.

Well its proving fun with Ghost mode, but certainly eats into time. Will mix it up a bit as still trying to hit Tier 1 in regular mode.

Tim is off again on another game...this is like number 4 in the last 6-8 weeks....first it was Metro (newest one)....then Days Gone it's first week....then Spiderman just a week or so ago and last night he was in Dishonored....and still not a word from him so I have no idea. In the meantime we're all over the place ourselves. I know 3-4 of lack Predator and Archangel. In the meantime just look forward to Breakpoint.
Old 06-18-19, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i have actually gone over to a few other games in the past couple of weeks, but still pumping in plenty of time into Wildlands. I decided to start doing solo Missions again for Tier points to get to level 1. At times i get very frustrated with joining co-ops as people are either not working as a team, decide to boot you as soon as you begin (which really pisses me off.....just set the game to a private play with squad members and not open to public moron), or times you join and no on even seems to be playing the game. I have gotten tired of replaying the recent DLC as well. I must have done those missions close to 50 times each now. I have been dipping my toes into the PvP matches as well, but usually those kind of games represent everything i hate about Online Gaming. Filled to the rafters with people who take the game so seriously that it actually destroys any fun to be had. Also, unless you have been playing these games since the beginning you are seriously at a major disadvantage. These players know the levels like the backs of their hands and also have all the upgrades. It makes it practically unplayable.
Old 07-26-19, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I got to Tier 1 a while ago, also completed Narco Road (it was very meh!!!!) And almost 100% that, started on Fallen Ghosts yesterday and seems better. I also tried the new Mercenaries PvP and it's fine, but I cannot see me playing it much. I keep doing the daily missions, but playing coop these days is losing a lot of its shine. Too many times get players who are just morons.

Bring on Breakpoint at this stage as I need new challenges.
Old 07-27-19, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well darn...I forgot about Fallen Ghosts....we had talked about it and all of a sudden Tim went his way...The Witcher...and we haven't played together in 6-7 weeks....another one...N9...has came and went on several games; Division 2, Ghost Recon and even got Destiny 2 but we haven't been able to connect either....right now it's me and kanji still in Destiny 2 and some in Warframe. I assume you're in a ways in Fallen Ghosts?

...and yes we're still in for Breakpoint
Old 07-27-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have only just started Fallen Ghosts. The DLCs were on sale a few weeks ago for $5 each, so thought they would be OK for that price. It does seem pretty good so far. I am on vacation this week, so expect I will make it through the DLC in a couple of days.

And I am still in for Breakpoint. Someone sent me a link to the testing that took place yesterday, but got the link too late, as I was out of the house for a while. Shame as I would love to have had a quick go.