DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/624824-borderlands-3-9-13-2019-pc-ps4-xb1-stadia.html)

OldBoy 06-22-20 03:35 PM

Re: Borderlands 3 (9/13/2019: PC, PS4, XB1, Stadia)

this is only 3/4 anyway, so who knows on the last...

mndtrp 06-24-20 11:31 AM

The devs have discussed many times that they plan to add a fourth skill tree, so I expect that to happen soon. I'm still grinding to get full guardian ranks before I do anything else. Since I don't have much time to play now, it's easy to hop in and wipe out Scraptrap a couple times.

T-bone22 06-24-20 12:14 PM

Yesterday they announced 3 new Guardian Rank perks, in addition to the increase to level 60 cap coming tomorrow.

OldBoy 06-24-20 09:34 PM

How are you guys doing mayhem 10’s and Takedowns and Scraptraps? Seriously? What am I not doing? I’m 57, not the greatest stuff but I can’t do any of those and I’m just waiting till dlc tomorrow but would like to get perks and stuff...

mndtrp 06-26-20 11:10 AM

I found an optimized build with weapons that had been designed by someone else, respecced my abilities and farmed the weapons/gear. Once I had that, I could dominate most things, but modified slightly to my actual play style. The OPQ assault rifle and Transformer shield makes mobbing up close a cakewalk. Scraptrap is easy, standing in the shipping container exit. All he does is run up and back, never attacking with his sawblades or hammer. I've suggested more times than I can count that modifying your build and weapons to something that works together in concert will elevate your success massively. Don't forget the extra boosters available from the Borderlands Science game in Tannis' office on Sanctuary.

With the new guardian perks and overall level, I'll be farming Scraptrap a bit longer. Then I'll dive back into the DLCs I haven't finished.

T-bone22 06-26-20 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp (Post 13763512)
I've suggested more times than I can count...

:lol: It falls on deaf ears. You can be sure that he will ask the same question again somewhere down the line.

I went from 57 to 60 in less than 10 minutes with Scraptrap. Spent some time and re-farmed a 2 mag annointed Reflux at level 60 and my Flak is back in business. Shotguns of some manufacturers received a boost, so the Reflux is even more sick now.

Pets can actually do some damage at Mayhem 10 now, which is quite helpful. I saw my pet hit for 1 Mil a few times.

OldBoy 06-26-20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp (Post 13763512)
I found an optimized build with weapons that had been designed by someone else, respecced my abilities and farmed the weapons/gear. Once I had that, I could dominate most things, but modified slightly to my actual play style. The OPQ assault rifle and Transformer shield makes mobbing up close a cakewalk. Scraptrap is easy, standing in the shipping container exit. All he does is run up and back, never attacking with his sawblades or hammer. I've suggested more times than I can count that modifying your build and weapons to something that works together in concert will elevate your success massively. Don't forget the extra boosters available from the Borderlands Science game in Tannis' office on Sanctuary.

With the new guardian perks and overall level, I'll be farming Scraptrap a bit longer. Then I'll dive back into the DLCs I haven't finished.

i did do that! i swear to god. i respec the whole tree for FL4K. it seemed better, but i'm still not super powerful and can't get passed mayhem 2. where is Scraptrap and where do you farm these good weapons?

OldBoy 06-26-20 05:55 PM

The only thing that respec for FL4K did for me is have my pet revive me. That’s great. Other than that I don’t know what I’m doing wrong...

OldBoy 06-26-20 06:14 PM

I guess I just don’t understand what all this means and how to do it. These things are almost foreign to me and tell me what to do with the trees. I think if I understood it better, I think I would get more of a kick until I’m finally done. I mean I’m 57 which I thought would make me powerful. Certainly never close in any other Borderlands games, but I don’t think I’m getting the most as I would like to continue and do the Takedowns and whatever Scraptrap is and stuff. That’s why I’m asking. I’m sorry if it’s a bother T-bone. Just don’t understand it very well is all. https://gamewith.net/borderlands-3/article/show/11777

OldBoy 06-26-20 08:36 PM

I’m more visual learner when it comes to games, I need to see his build rather than reading about it. Just show me what points to put where...

mh4268 06-27-20 09:20 AM

Here, I went to youtube for you and typed in flak builds, those should help.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=flak+builds

I just started the new DLC, the weapons on this dlc seem pretty good so far. I'm taking this one slow but the 4 weapons, (even quest rewards) all are good. My one issue is with each DLC, the weapons available in them get better with each one. I can think of only 2 weapons I may event want to try and get from the first dlc (ION laser and cannon) and the Zane mod, the second DLC has a few more than the first, but not sure I will try and get them.

OldBoy 06-27-20 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by mh4268 (Post 13763942)
Here, I went to youtube for you and typed in flak builds, those should help.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=flak+builds

I just started the new DLC, the weapons on this dlc seem pretty good so far. I'm taking this one slow but the 4 weapons, (even quest rewards) all are good. My one issue is with each DLC, the weapons available in them get better with each one. I can think of only 2 weapons I may event want to try and get from the first dlc (ION laser and cannon) and the Zane mod, the second DLC has a few more than the first, but not sure I will try and get them.

thanks mh, sincerely, but i've seen those, and i just don't understand them. am i redoing the skills tree and if so why can't it show me what points to put where on the skills tree?

like do i take this (see below) and use my points and i should be good to go?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...1b3321ba8e.jpg

mh4268 06-27-20 11:42 AM

Yes, that shows you EXACTLY where to put the points and how many to put in each skill for whatever video/build you looked at. Go to Sanctuary, then go to the quick change station, then toggle down to respec, pay whatever dollar amount they require, and respec your character to those skill points that the video shows to spec in. You will now be specced into the build you saw in the video.

Please note your performance will most likely be not as good as what they saw due to your skill (or lack there of) compared to theirs, and your loot including what anointments you have on weapons compared to theirs.

After this I'm not sure what else anyone here can do to help you with your builds. Other than just giving you mayhem 10 weapons.

Go a farm bosses for loot, Gigamind is an easier boss that tends to drop a lot of legendaries (you can google his location yourself). Gigamind even has a higher chance to drop a pistol called Hellshock, this is a VERY potent pistol. You may have to kill him dozens of times to get this weapon. You can go to him, defeat him and if you don't get the weapon you want, quit the game and restart you will be right outside his area. Repeat this until you get what you want. Another easier boss is Killavolt, he drops the Monarch. You can do the same with him with quit/restart.

Once you get a nice set of weapons, you can up your mayhem level a little, then beat Gigamind and Killavolt (or whoever you want) again and farm the weapons again and they will have higher stats because of mayhem level. This is how I got to be able to roll mayhem 10 decently.

OldBoy 06-27-20 03:35 PM

ok, thanks mh. i'll try Giga, but no way in hell am i going back to Killavolt. if you search through this thread, you'll understand why. but, i farmed Scraptrap nest, got to level 59 in minutes and we'll see. haven't started DLC yet, so maybe one stab at Giga and then DLC. thanks again for all guys.

mh4268 06-28-20 09:26 PM

There are some unbelievable weapons in this new DLC. I expect the Complex Root to be nerfed shortly. I was happy to see the return of the legendary Unkempt Harold, I am also happy to see its not stupid OP.

Just finished the DLC, it was nice to have a stand alone story, but seemed shorter than the others. That being said the hidden item quests feel better to me, and side quest reward items are actually fun, give them a try even if they are purple.

Also the new vehicle is a joke, dies so fast on mayhem 10, though I love the Beefy paint job.

T-bone22 06-29-20 12:21 AM

I picked up a couple Complex Roots with good annoints, but I haven't tried them out yet. Heard good things though.

I do like the Light Show... been using them a bit. It's kind of like a mini Monarch.

I agree that it was short, and coming from the Guardian Takedown it seemed ridiculously easy on Mayhem 10. The bosses went down so quickly, but that may be due to no immunity phases (which is fine by me). It was fun though, and I plan to go back and farm some Complex Roots and Flippers.

mh4268 06-29-20 07:32 AM

Yes, the Flipper is now my SMG of choice since the Kaoson nerf and the Light Show may be my pistol of choice as well, though it devours ammo. Monarch still reigns supreme for ARs and the Recursion is still the shotty of choice for mobbing, though the Spade may be my new single target/boss one.

Yes, very easy compared to the Guardian Takedown, though it should be. I am wondering if all these new weapons from the DLC will make the takedown more bearable.

mndtrp 06-29-20 01:45 PM

For Scraptrap, I have Lootsplosion set at any Mayhem level, and camp out behind the fire trash can at the top of ramp. I crouch down, and shoot the jankytraps as they come at me. By the time I'm done with them, there's 10+ legendaries laying around. I then book it to the other end of the map and hole up in the shipping container exit. Scraptrap Prime doesn't pull off his special moves, and I whittle him down to nothing. Step out of the exit, jump back in, repeat. There must be a limit on the amount of weapon drops that can be shown on screen, because by the time I run through the 2hr XP booster, there are only legendaries laying around. All of the lesser quality weapons have been removed to make room for the legendaries. I then pick and choose what I want to keep, uprgading everything. Finding this technique allowed me to jump from Mayhem 5 to Mayhem 10 almost instantly.

OldBoy, I apologize, as I figured you must have ignored my suggestion to respec. Now that you've had someone walk you through it a bit more fully, try it out. You may need to find certain weapons and shields and class mods that work together though. And, really, does it matter in the long run if you can't get past Mayhem 1? Fuck it, have fun. Put on lootsplosion, and go around wasting enemies like a badass.

mh4268 06-29-20 03:41 PM

Yes OldBoy, jump into the new DLC once you hit 60, the weapons are almost all great. Even the purple weapon you get from the first mission is really good.

dom56 06-29-20 05:14 PM

Where can I farm for the Flipper and Complex Roots? I got the Light Show piston and it fit perfectly for my elemental siren.

OldBoy 06-29-20 08:52 PM

I did respec a couple times. I’m level 60 already by doing Scraptrap a few times on Mayhem 2. Not too much trouble, but how do you turn on this lootsplosion?

mndtrp 06-30-20 11:12 AM

On the Mayhem tab of the echo menu. At the bottom is where you set the mayhem level and apply it. On the right is the modifiers. You can reroll the modifiers to get what you want (square on the PS4). Reroll until you get Lootsplosion, and any secondary modifiers that you prefer. I like Freeze Tag for Scraptrap, as I generally camp in place and movement speed doesn't matter. The freeze orbs also work for escaping fight for your life. If I'm playing the game proper, I like either the novas or lazer, as neither really hurt me all that much.

OldBoy 06-30-20 09:54 PM

ok, i'll try tomorrow. never did notice that option when changing mayhem not in Sanctuary.and i thought i notice most things. thanks again trp and t and mh...

deadlax 07-02-20 08:09 AM

i was playing and destroying the 2nd dlc on mayhem 3 so i bumped up to mayhem 7 for 3rd dlc. went down to scraptrap and farmed a bit and grabbed a transformer shield and a ton of artifacts, but accidentally sold my pearl of ineffable knowledge. no real great guns have dropped from scraptrap though and i'm getting destroyed on 3rd dlc at mayhem 7. i'm at level 60. all my gear is at level 60. guess i'll drop down to 5 and see if i can get some weapons playing through story mode a bit.

T-bone22 07-02-20 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by deadlax (Post 13766215)
i accidentally sold my pearl of ineffable knowledge.

That's a shame. IMO, it's the game's absolute best artifact and performs great on most builds.