Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wayward Souls -- iOS/Android/PC

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 08:01 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wayward Souls -- iOS/Android/PC

Anyone here playing Wayward Souls? It is a fantastic ARPG dungeon crawler. The game is very difficult and it is permadeath. If you die, you have to start the dungeon over. I have still not completed the first dungeon yet, I can get to the boss but I have not been able to defeat him. I usually only have a little bit of life bar left by the time I get to him. There are no health drops, you only regain some health between levels(floors). I know you are saying "This has to get frustrating and boring having to start over" Nope it is not, the dungeon is randomly generated each time you play it. So you feel like you are going through something different each time you die. Also you can accumulate coins each time you go through the dungeon to buy permanent upgrades to your character. There are several classes to choose from and each class has its own separate story. Alot of folks compare the game to a 16-bit Dark Souls and I do see some similarities. Souls is even in the title. Anyway, please give this game a shot. They just did a big update that includes controller support which is helpful, however I have found the touch screen controls to be quite good.

here is the trailer, for some reason i can't get it to show up in the post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RawIruoV-ww

The game is currently on the App Store and Google Play. It will be on PC in the very near future

Last edited by wlj; 09-08-14 at 08:09 AM.