Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil HD Remaster (360/PS3/PS4/XB1/PC)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Resident Evil HD Remaster (360/PS3/PS4/XB1/PC)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts
Re: Resident Evil HD Remaster (360/PS3/PS4/XB1/PC)

They remade the first one back when Capcom was a big name in the industry. I doubt they put the work into remaking any of the old games now that they are struggling just to stay afloat. That's why they keep re-releasing the old games but just in HD. It takes almost no time or money for them to do this.
Old 01-18-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I've said it before but I really think they could remake 2/3 into one really big cool game. Code Veronica and the remake were actually my favorites though.

Can't wait to see the Crimson Heads!
As many times as I've played through the series, I never once thought about making 2/3 a singular game, but that could be awesome!
RE 2 was my favorite in the series until REbirth, which was my favorite until RE 4. For me, 4 has the perfect blend of horror and action. My first play-through lasted about 23 hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Anyway, $20 is a can't-miss price for this game on release. The only question for me is, do I get it on PC or PS3. I don't have a PS4 yet, but will someday, so I would be covered due to the cross-buy promotion.
Old 01-18-15, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
They remade the first one back when Capcom was a big name in the industry. I doubt they put the work into remaking any of the old games now that they are struggling just to stay afloat. That's why they keep re-releasing the old games but just in HD. It takes almost no time or money for them to do this.
But they've been doing this in what seems like forever. The Mega Man/ X collection and the countless ports of Resident Evil (4 had like 5 different ports) It's nothing new for them.
Old 01-18-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
But they've been doing this in what seems like forever. The Mega Man/ X collection and the countless ports of Resident Evil (4 had like 5 different ports) It's nothing new for them.
I know they have. My point was they used to do to do re-releases along with doing things like the GC remake of 1. At this point cheap re-releases (where all they're doing is re-releasing the same game with a higher resolution) is the extent of what they're willing to do.
Old 01-18-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Capcom's history of cheap re-released titles and updated SF titles is exactly why they are in the position they are in. There is a lot of ill-will amongst gamers and trying to turn RE into a mainstream action game was a terrible idea. Why they didn't listen to people's feedback after RE5 is beyond me. The hilarious part is that the zombie genre is huge right now, and Capcom is missing out despite having such a popular franchise.
Old 01-19-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

IGN - 8

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...nt-evil-review
Old 01-19-15, 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mhg83
the countless ports of Resident Evil (4 had like 5 different ports)
RE4 being ported so much is especially funny because one of the main creators of the game flatly declared it would never be released on any console but the Gamecube. He said he would cut his own head out if it ever got ported.
Old 01-19-15, 03:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
even though i had the remake for GC i never got around to playing it. look forward to this tomorrow!
Old 01-19-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy
even though i had the remake for GC i never got around to playing it. look forward to this tomorrow!
O man! You are in for a treat!

Watch out for Lisa!!!
Old 01-19-15, 04:29 PM
Banned

O man! You are in for a treat!

Watch out for Lisa!!!
I forgot all about Lisa until you just mentioned her. She was creepy as hell. Most people seem to love the crimson heads as the big new addition to the remake, but I always thought Lisa was a better and much creepier addition.

And don't forget the Jill sandwich! One of the most classic lines in all of gaming history.
Old 01-19-15, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
I forgot all about Lisa until you just mentioned her. She was creepy as hell. Most people seem to love the crimson heads as the big new addition to the remake, but I always thought Lisa was a better and much creepier addition.

And don't forget the Jill sandwich! One of the most classic lines in all of gaming history.
I don't want to ruin it for first time players but I almost shit myself the first time
Spoiler:
I was in a hall and a Crimson Head kicked a door down and ran after me. You are so used to the way old school RE games loaded, when you went into new rooms, that you never expect something like that from such an older game.
Old 01-19-15, 10:42 PM
Banned

I don't want to ruin it for first time players but I almost shit myself the first time
Spoiler:
I was in a hall and a Crimson Head kicked a door down and ran after me. You are so used to the way old school RE games loaded, when you went into new rooms, that you never expect something like that from such an older game.
I had something like that happen to me too.
Spoiler:
RE2 was the first to do that trick though. In RE2, there is a "fake" door that if you try to open it doesn't lead to another room but rather it loads a group of zombies to come after you.
Old 01-20-15, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The remake got a shit ton of play from me during the GC's prime. . I'll get this when it gets cheap. Shiiiiiiiite. I fucking played that thing 3 months ago.

Any noticeable differences between the last gen and the current gen versions?
Old 01-20-15, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
The remake got a shit ton of play from me during the GC's prime. . I'll get this when it gets cheap. Shiiiiiiiite. I fucking played that thing 3 months ago.

Any noticeable differences between the last gen and the current gen versions?
I haven't downloaded it yet, but the ps4 graphics look pretty good. I'm still stuck on last gen (x360) so I know I'll be getting 720p instead of 1080p which I think is crap.

Last edited by Ringmaster; 01-20-15 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-20-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My only question is: When you open a door do you go through instantly or is there a 5 minute wait like on the ps1?
Old 01-20-15, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dan30oly
My only question is: When you open a door do you go through instantly or is there a 5 minute wait like on the ps1?
As funny as that is, I'd actually like to know the answer to that. I had every intention of buying this, but that might prevent me going through with it.
Old 01-20-15, 02:04 PM
Banned

I watched a few videos, and it does seem like that is still in the game.

Back on the PS1, these door animations were essentially the loading screen. They were just masked as being a door animation, but it was essentially the game needing to load the new location.

Later consoles had improved loading times, but the remakes and such still retained the animation mostly because it was considered to be "classic" at this point.

I honestly don't mind it at all. It makes the atmosphere even more tense to me.
Old 01-20-15, 02:20 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does it still have the ink ribbon, typewriter saving? I never finished the original because i got too frustrated with finding the ink ribbons just to save my game.
Old 01-20-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj
does it still have the ink ribbon, typewriter saving? I never finished the original because i got too frustrated with finding the ink ribbons just to save my game.
Then your probably not going to like collecting gas cans and being careful about which zombies you burn.
Old 01-20-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Wait, they give you an option of not having the tank controls? Doesn't the game become significantly easier without them?
Old 01-20-15, 04:03 PM
Banned

Then your probably not going to like collecting gas cans and being careful about which zombies you burn.
Yep.

Hint: When at all possible, kill zombies so that they stack on top of each other when they die. Stacked zombies will all burn with using only one gas fuel.

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wait, they give you an option of not having the tank controls? Doesn't the game become significantly easier without them?
The remake is already easier to control for another reason. RE3 added a "quick 180 degree turn" which was also incorporated into the RE1 remake. That makes the game significantly easier.
Old 01-20-15, 04:48 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

is there a reason or something i need to do to get the game out of my queue and start downloading? i've had my One on for awhile and nothing has changed...

thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-15, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
I watched a few videos, and it does seem like that is still in the game.
It is still in the game, but maybe 5 seconds tops on the Twitch I watched.
Old 01-21-15, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bought it for PS3 (for PS4 cross-buy once I get one) and the graphical upgrade is very nice. This is easily the most atmospheric entry in the series, and I'm excited to be playing through it again. While I ran through it several times back in the GC days, it has been years since the last run, so it's like a new game all over again.
The door animations are still present, but they're quick and there are no loading times on the stairs as before, so yay.
Ink ribbon saves have always been present and probably always will be.
I remember in REbirth that colors would glitch(usually turning purple), a few video sequences would stutter(the Barry's 44 Magnum, for example), and Jill looked like a cokehead at times due to memory limitations of the GC. So far, everything is crisp and clean.
The new control scheme is sure to appease the whiners, but I found myself going back to the tank controls, as it simply feels natural when playing RE. Of course, the new controls make it easier to dodge enemies in tight hallways, so you can probably clear the game a bit faster than before. The current record time on the global leaderboards is 1:37
Old 01-26-15, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fingers crossed ....

Capcom is reportedly considering revamping Resident Evil 2 following the success of its high-definition re-release of the GameCube Resident Evil remake.

That’s at least according to a report on Cyberland (via KDramastars), which claims that Resident Evil HD surpassed sales expectations following its digital launch last Tuesday for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

In addition, Capcom was also encouraged by Resi’s positive review scores; PSU gave the game 9/10, and our review round-up clearly shows critics were quite impressed with the revamped survival horror classic.

The report also goes on to state that development of a Resident Evil 2 remake could start as soon as work on Resident Evil: Revelations 2 wraps, with a release date falling somewhere in Q4 2016.

As brilliant as a RE2 remake would be, we advise our readers to take this story with a huge pinch of salt, as the reliability of the source is decidedly iffy at present.

Furthermore, we are more inclined to believe Capcom would remaster Resident Evil Zero as its next project, which it looks very likely will happen.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.