Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-16-15, 01:57 PM   #26
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Divinity: Original Sin

I enjoyed my time with Diablo 3, so I'll probably end up picking this up when it's on sale. Preorder is up at Amazon as well

Spoiler:
Old 10-16-15, 03:07 PM   #27
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Skillz...you did say you play on the XO right? I know I have you on my friends list on XBL, just not sure in the PS?

I've got a few days to decide and have read more about the game...little intrigued about it as it's RPG, Combat and Strategy base. If anything visually it looks great. I've got the gamer card at Best Buy so I have some savings.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 10-16-15, 04:16 PM   #28
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

I'm mainly on PS4 now, but yeah, I have both. I also played through Diablo 3 on PS4, and I think I might have gotten some mail box items from you at some point? But I think that's just random stuff from other people on your friends list that have also played the game. But with my backlog now, I can't see myself picking up this game any time soon. Probably once it hits $20 - $30.
Old 10-27-15, 11:23 AM   #29
joeblow69
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So I think the enhanced edition is coming out today, anyone going to pick it up? I'm thinking of getting it strictly for couch co-op, but I'm not sure how hardcore of an rpg it is. We're doing diablo right now, and I know that's a LOT simpler than Divinity ... I'm just worried it might be too slow ( or complicated ) to keep my partner interested
Old 10-27-15, 04:19 PM   #30
starseed1981
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This really seems like the type of release that's gonna be half price by December so I think I'm gonna hold off for now.
Old 10-28-15, 10:12 AM   #31
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Watched another trailer and I so much want to try this but I reserved COD the other day, Bloodborne DLC coming and I still might grab Destiny The Taken King if it hits Black Friday. I just like the way this looks and plays but like Diablo seems better with co-op.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 10-29-15, 10:25 AM   #32
RichC2
DVD Talk Hero

Strong reviews thus far, 88.12% aggregate:

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/1705...ion/index.html
Old 10-29-15, 10:27 AM   #33
Kedrix
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by starseed1981 View Post
This really seems like the type of release that's gonna be half price by December so I think I'm gonna hold off for now.
Yeah, I would have to agree...at the very least $20 off during some Christmas Sale. I'll be waiting as well, but ready to jump on fairly quickly.
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
Old 01-08-16, 03:24 PM   #34
foxdvd
gamer for life

I originally picked this up on pc, but I never got around to playing it. Picked it up again on the ps4, and I love it. I really am surprised how good it is. I do have some major problems with it, but nothing game breaking.

Early on it is a little unclear what you are suppose to do. Every enemy destroys you. You are under leveled. You are suppose to go one way and fight lower level enemies but it really is a lot of trial and error to figure it out. Once you get to around level 8 the game seems to get easy. Not really well balanced at the start, and can scare off some people if they don't have the time to stick with it. So many RPG games suffer from this sort of balance issue. Make the difficulty slowly go up...don't slam the player at the start and then make the game easy.

Also, some skills and abilities are shit compared to others and I wish I had not invested into them. Balance is off. I guess I can respec later in the game, but because of the nature of the game, I wish I could have done so about 10-15 hours in when I started to get an understanding of the way the game works.

Way too many traps and elemental effects. It is overkill...and at times feels one guy was given the job to populate the game with traps and elemental effects and he got high and got carried away. You can make the game challenging, and require careful planning without always making you deal with traps.

Slipping on ice out of combat is fucking stupid. Period.

The worst though...the one thing that is total fucking shit is the Paper Rock Scissor system. I am not talking about the system when it comes to NPC characters. I still don't like it, and always just give up right away so I can fight, but it is not that bad. I am talking about when you want to make a choice and your own team argues with you on it. You have to win a random rock paper game or you don't get to go with the choice you made. FUCKING BULLSHIT...this is a rpg game and taking my choices away from me is beyond stupid. I save all the time, and when one of these comes up I just spam rock...if I lose I load the save, send my team away from the choice and do it without being challenged.

Still, even with all that the game is brilliant. The combat is so fun, and the challenge never goes away. I don't know how many hours I have put into this (I am currently level 16) but I can't stop playing.

My Countdown Counting down to: THE FINAL
1034 days 6 hours 29 minutes
Old 01-08-16, 11:41 PM   #35
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I definitely want to play this [XB1], hopefully a good/great sale happens soon.

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
Old 01-10-16, 10:32 PM   #36
foxdvd
gamer for life

Finished this up tonight. I am all for old school games not holding your hands, but holy fuck some of the last few missions had me scratching me head and pulling up a guide. Still a fantastic but frustrating game, easily one of the best from last year.

My Countdown Counting down to: THE FINAL
1034 days 6 hours 29 minutes
Old 12-02-16, 05:07 PM   #37
brainee
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been finally able to start getting into this game (playing the Extended Edition through Steam). I'm still relatively early ... still in the Cyseal area, with level 6 characters having just defeated
Spoiler:
Evelyn

I'm enjoying it, but it's a bit overwhelming with all of the leveling options (many of which aren't made very clear how useful they'll be) and combat actions. I'm hoping this game is fairly forgiving with how you level up your characters. Even though I hear there's a respec option (that I think becomes available to me pretty soon), you still lose all of the skill books which makes it a very dicey thing to respec. [Is there a mod that would at least give me back the books for the skills I had before the respec? That would be a great thing.]

The two characters I began with are a fairly general fire/earth magic user (with 1 level of water) and a double-dagger backstabbing rogue (with 1 level of marksman). For the NPCs, Jahan (water/air) and Madora (2-handed man at arms) seem to complement what I already have the best.

I feel I already wasted a handful of ability points with my main characters (getting things like a point in leadership, telekinesis, sneak). I'm not exactly sure how I want to progress. Are the Master level skills all something I want to have at least one character in my party being able to do? Any "must haves"? I'm not sure how I want to go with Talents now either. Many guides insist "glass cannon" is a must have, but it seems to have been nerfed in the Extended Edition (50% of my vitality for 4 more APs seems a steep price ... my characters are dying enough as it is). I guess for now I'm going to try to get everybody up to Master skills in their current specialties.
Old 01-30-17, 02:20 PM   #38
brainee
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Almost finished! My characters are level 19 (and I've heard that 20 is the cap) and I've cleared out the last area except for the part where I presume the "finale" will take place.

According to Steam I've put in more than 100 hours Though there have been a bunch of times where I just hit "Esc" and went and did something else instead of closing the game.

Playing on "classic" difficulty it definitely got easier in the higher levels. I'd be tempted to bump up the difficulty but I'm almost done. Plus I've heard there's a huge increase in difficulty from the normal to the next one up ("tactician") Besides, I'm fine without having to replay battles or spend lots of time crafting and thinking of ways to min/max my characters.

After this, I need to play a short game. And something on my PS4 (where I can play from the couch), since my back feels like crap after long sessions gaming at my PC
Old 11-05-17, 10:59 AM   #39
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

had to bring this back up....but the game is like $12 on the PS Store now. I've been playing Diablo III since 360 but the game just doesn't have the pull and desire it once had...except with the new character the Necromancer...but same old story/campaign part with a few new areas.

Some diehard Diablo players have been jumping on Pillars of Eternity but that's single player. I pulled this back up and seems the combat is more involved than PoE which looks more like a true RPG. Can someone who has played it chime on the combat mechanics and the collecting parts of the game. it looks good but I don't want a "pause...point...click...watch...rinse and repeat".