Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS3 Game Saves

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-14, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
PS3 Game Saves

OK, so i have a little problem. I bought a second controller for my PS3 this weekend so tat my stepdaughter and i could play games together. So on the first day whilst i was out of the room she accidentally erased a few of my PS3 game saves. I did not have backups and i am positive there is no way of getting them back. I don't play online, only offline games. For a number of games i seriously dont want to put in the hours needed to get back to where i was.

I was wondering if there is anywhere on the net where a person could download completed game saves for PS3 games and add them onto their system to eliminate the hassle of getting back to this point again? Is this actually even possible to do?

On a side note, i created a new profile for her to use in the PS3 console, however when we start some games it only comes up with my name and does not allow her to chose her profile. Fort example we were playing Sonic Racing Transformed and we had to use James and James1 as the profiles. Any way we can adjust this?
Old 06-16-14, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: PS3 Game Saves

Originally Posted by james2025a

On a side note, i created a new profile for her to use in the PS3 console, however when we start some games it only comes up with my name and does not allow her to chose her profile. Fort example we were playing Sonic Racing Transformed and we had to use James and James1 as the profiles. Any way we can adjust this?
depends on the game. Little Big Planet, for example, lets you choose a profile outside of the main one for each controller.
Old 06-16-14, 09:43 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

If you have PS+ your deleted game saves may be in the cloud, assuming you opted in for that feature.
Old 06-16-14, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

I was wondering if there is anywhere on the net where a person could download completed game saves for PS3 games and add them onto their system to eliminate the hassle of getting back to this point again? Is this actually even possible to do?
I'm sure there is, but I've never done it, so I can't help you with where to go. Some PS3 game saves are locked though, meaning they cannot be transferred from one console to another unless you do a direct system transfer with two networked PS3's or use the PS+ cloud. If any of your games are locked saves, you're pretty much SOL.
Old 06-16-14, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Many game saves are tied to the PSN user that created them.
Old 06-16-14, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The problem is that my PS3 is not connected online. I live in an area where the net connection is real, shitty and its wireless only. So i am shit out of luck with ever going online to even doing something as simple as updating my system. So my game saves will not be tracked on my account on the PSN.

I get the feeling this is gonna be a big headache and no easy solution.
Old 06-16-14, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say bring out the belt to make her remember not to fuck with saves.
Old 06-16-14, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

This is why kids suck and you should not share your toys with them.
Old 06-17-14, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you're SOL.

BTW, to update your system you can download the file somewhere else (like where the connection is not shitty) and install it via a USB flash drive: http://us.playstation.com/support/sy...date/index.htm
Old 06-17-14, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well i did find a forum that has PS3 game saves, but it appears a big hassle to install it. I think i will just get her to play through the game for me so i can do other stuff.
Old 06-17-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Well i did find a forum that has PS3 game saves, but it appears a big hassle to install it. I think i will just get her to play through the game for me so i can do other stuff.
now you're thinking.

there is nothing more frustrating than losing a game save. Back in the day, I lost my level 30 game save for Phantasy Star on SMS. I had gotten to the final boss but couldn't beat him yet. then accidently saved over it with a different play through. never went back to level grind back up to level 30 to beat. probably a couple hundred hours down the drain.
Old 06-17-14, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well a couple of years ago my old PS3 got stolen and i lost all the game saves. Well over 200 hours on Skyrim, Oblivion and Just Cause 2 alone. Tonnes more other game saves and it really pissed me off. I went through Skyrim and Just Cause 2 again. Everything else are in different levels of completion at this stage. I intend to keep backups of save data from this point on.
Old 06-17-14, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just bear in mind that the only way to back up protected saves is to either back up the entire system to an external HDD or use the online storage feature of PS Plus.