Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

There's a cool alternate cover if you have the Physical regular edition.
Old 03-24-15, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

What's the deluxe edition have, just a steelbook and art book?
Old 03-24-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Just those and the digital soundtrack.
Old 03-24-15, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
The accolades keep pouring in.....

Is Bloodborne the first system seller of this generation
http://www.gamespresso.com/2015/03/2...is-generation/
I don't even consider that one a review but rather using the positiveness of the game to push the PS4 as a potential go to system. If I had no knowledge of the game then I wouldn't learn much about it by reading that review other than that the game is "great".
Old 03-24-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, this game is too brutal for me. Managed to make it to the werewolves right before the first boss after dying a few times, but of course I died there and have continued to die at various places leading up to that point another 4 or 5 times. It's really annoying having to fight through the same group of guys over and over again.
Old 03-24-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Definitely a Souls game at heart. I don't even mind the dying, its the losing all your blood runes (blood something) that gets me. And this time an enemy can pick them up and you have to go hunt him back down without dying again!

For the record, I went with former military and I took the cane and revolver. I like the cane.....quick weapon in close and great for crowd control in it's "whip" form.

The visuals are really nice, loving it so far except the load times between deaths since you know...i die....a lot.

Has anyone gotten the spectres to work? Where it shows you the image of somebody else's final seconds before they die? It seems to work about 1 in 20 times.

I do love the ghosts of other players and the messages left by other players...so glad that carried over. Even the messengers themselves are cute in their own way.
Old 03-24-15, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Man, this game is too brutal for me. Managed to make it to the werewolves right before the first boss after dying a few times, but of course I died there and have continued to die at various places leading up to that point another 4 or 5 times. It's really annoying having to fight through the same group of guys over and over again.

Maybe a little help.....

Bloodborne Tips Outlined Might Help You Live Just a Bit Longer, Deaths Still Imminent

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...till-imminent/

...and another that's good....

Bloodborne: Spoiler-Free Guide For New Players

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...w-players.aspx

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-24-15 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-24-15, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Maybe a little help.....

Bloodborne Tips Outlined Might Help You Live Just a Bit Longer, Deaths Still Imminent

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...till-imminent/

...and another that's good....

Bloodborne: Spoiler-Free Guide For New Players

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...w-players.aspx
Thanks, I'll read over those before I play again. I have played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but never beat either of them, so I skipped DS2.

I did luckily unlock a quicker way to the first boss, so that should save me from further frustration... for now, haha.
Old 03-24-15, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Here's a good video on tips to help:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NJxi_w6jwRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds like a lot of moves to master for Melee combat.
Old 03-24-15, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Somehow I managed to beat the first boss on the first try, even after getting stuck in a wall when he had 1/4 of his health remaining. I guess I'm going to lose whatever his loot is though, hopefully exiting and reloading fixes my character.
Old 03-24-15, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's insane how this game returned to its roots in a lot of ways (the Nexus like hub, porting to worlds), but it's even harder than Demon's Souls ever was (Dark Souls was challenging, but never thought of it as harder). I have played about two hours so far, exploring, dying a few times, and, largely, farming for souls...er, blood.

From Software delivers yet again.
Old 03-24-15, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Has anyone gotten the spectres to work? Where it shows you the image of somebody else's final seconds before they die? It seems to work about 1 in 20 times.
I noticed this, too. I rare have one show up after pressing X. The notes / memos populate just fine, however.
Old 03-24-15, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

The only place I've seen the bloodstains (or whatever) work is in the hub area.
Old 03-24-15, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish they made recovering your body easier to find. I found it maybe once and it appeared as a tiny puddle of blood. No illumination like the Souls game
Old 03-24-15, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

I'd be fine with all the dying if it wasn't for the excruciating load times. The loading in this game can eat a bag of dicks.
Old 03-24-15, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
I wish they made recovering your body easier to find. I found it maybe once and it appeared as a tiny puddle of blood. No illumination like the Souls game
Most of the time an enemy picks it up and you will have to defeat them to get your stuff back. Apparently the enemy with your stuff is supposed to have glowing white eyes.

When I do see it on the ground though, it looks similar to the bloodstain messages so hopefully you remember around where you died.

Oh, and buy the coat and hat from the store at the hub as soon as you have the money. It improves your defense quite a bit.
Old 03-24-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Most of the time an enemy picks it up and you will have to defeat them to get your stuff back. Apparently the enemy with your stuff is supposed to have glowing white eyes.

Yup, you can tell who's got your stuff because their eyes, and basically the whole top of their head, glows white. Not always super easy to see, though.
Old 03-24-15, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

been playing for hours....died a ton and still can't get near the first boss. I was so happy when I finally cleared out the bonfire area and then in the next area with the 4 man mob + 2 dogs I somehow put away my main weapon. bitch slapping those guys didn't work well and I haven't been able to clear the bonfire area again since.

EDIT: turns out you can just RUN through the bonfire area and when you go under the gate into the area with the fountain and troll, all the enemies you ran by won't follow you.

Last edited by mewmartigan; 03-24-15 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-24-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So apparently there's a way to level up before the first boss. From Reddit:

" The insight is on the bridge with the two werewolves. If you go down the path opposite of the house that leads to the shortcut for the Lantern you should be able to follow it to the sewers. If you find a bunch of dogs caged the you're on the right path."
Old 03-24-15, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Game is freakin' amazing. The awesomeness of Dark Souls with a new, and incredibly creepy setting. I do miss having a trusty shield to block with, I have wasted a bunch of silver bullets trying to parry by instinct.
And the game is seriously hard as fuck at the beginning. It is so easy to catch adds that you didn't even realize were nearby and get overwhelmed.
Old 03-24-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After dying nearly a dozen times I was able to run and roll my way through the opening level avoiding all enemies in the process. Still haven't made it to the first boss yet
Old 03-25-15, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I made it to the first boss only to suffer a soul crushing defeat. It stings knowing I won't get all those souls back, but at least after that I found out how to level up.
Old 03-25-15, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
So apparently there's a way to level up before the first boss. From Reddit:

" The insight is on the bridge with the two werewolves. If you go down the path opposite of the house that leads to the shortcut for the Lantern you should be able to follow it to the sewers. If you find a bunch of dogs caged the you're on the right path."
Glad I read this. I found two of the intellect things already, but didn't use them because I didn't know what they were.

I'd say I put a solid 3-4 hours in today. Still haven't fought a boss yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm about to. I just made it to the two werewolves and they turned my world upside down right quick. Decided to call it a night then.

Trying to get the counters timed right is super tricky for me. It looks like I'm doing it right, and the fatties stagger, but I don't hear the chime and pushing R1 right in front of them just triggers the standard attack. Still, I've been able to do it more now than earlier today, so I'm picking up on it.

I did manage to find a second primary weapon. Some spear kind of thing. I just farted around with it a bit and haven't even checked the stats yet.

Really really fun game so far.
Old 03-25-15, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So you can still parry and riposte? How do you do it?
Old 03-25-15, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
So you can still parry and riposte? How do you do it?
Think of your gun as your shield once was. You shoot the enemy at just the right time during their attack animation, then move into the proper range, and attack with R1 to get the riposte animation / attack.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.