Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-20, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,088 Likes on 863 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Ooo. I want that.

Dark Souls III running at a fluid 60 fps vs 20 - 30 fps was a total game changer for it.
Old 07-28-20, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 259 Likes on 187 Posts

I thought this was neat someone made a 2D version of Bloodborne. Only two bosses Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne. Loved the dogs

The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-29-20)
Old 01-27-21, 06:58 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

After almost 6 years I finally finished this! I initially bought it at launch, promising myself that "finally I will beat a souls game!" I failed miserably, giving up in the first area.

Cut to 2020 and Demon's Souls on the PS5. Made myself the same promise, and this time I succeeded. With newfound confidence, I came back and had a great time! Loved almost everything about this game, especially the atmosphere and world design. Didn't care for the chalices (they don't seem to fit with this type of game).

Now, onto the DLC...
The following 3 users liked this post by Groucho:
K&AJones (01-28-21), RichC2 (01-27-21), slop101 (01-28-21)
Old 01-28-21, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts

Yeah, love this fucking game (I also quit at first and went back a year or so later).
Finished the main game, and only started the DLC, which kicked my ass so hard, I quit. Might go back, but I think I just need to replay the base game first.
Old 01-30-21, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a similar experience. Started the game, got my arse kicked. Gave up. Came back a year later and more determined and made it all the way to the final boss. Never beat him, so still got it to do. Great game, but did not care for the lack of any sort of guidance in the beginning. Not a dummy, but just even minor help would have been nice. I had never played a Souls game before, so that and the harder game play than usual made it a rough start. I can understand many giving up fast and never coming back.
K&AJones (02-01-21)
Old 01-30-21, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It was my first Souls game as well, and I can see it both ways on the lack of guidance. Every new discovery was awesome (especially the first gate, learning how the world was setup) but simultaneously confusing as hell.
Old 01-30-21, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Ran across the speed runs of this on YouTube....and wow. Under 20 minutes to beat it. I think they are running a Day 1 version, but still. Crazy.
Old 02-01-21, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
I had a similar experience. Started the game, got my arse kicked. Gave up. Came back a year later and more determined and made it all the way to the final boss. Never beat him, so still got it to do. Great game, but did not care for the lack of any sort of guidance in the beginning. Not a dummy, but just even minor help would have been nice. I had never played a Souls game before, so that and the harder game play than usual made it a rough start. I can understand many giving up fast and never coming back.

A couple of us got Day One when it came out and early on...nothing but Pain & Grief & Frustration....you basically had to take it slow, re-run some areas to get Resources in order to get better gear which was needed. It felt like..."One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...Rinse & Repeat"...but was worth it. We just didn't like it setup when you invited a Fried to play it opened up being Invaded which happened a lot when the game came out. And it was obvious The Invaders just wanted to make it misserible for you to play and advance. We had a blast running The Chalice Dungeon Areas together though...that was fun...a few times we even had three playing....Two makes fun and better and even then was still a challenge. The design and artistic throughout the game was a sight to behold....I never finished it; stuck with one Boss that I came ever so close but never could get thru...Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos...I had a easier time with The Cleric Beast early on with hardly any good gear....Great game but one I had a Hate It But Love It feeling with...need to pick it back up...
Old 02-01-21, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts

I needed to grind A LOT in the game in order to beat most bosses, but unlike turn-based RPGs, the grind in this game is action-based, and actually fun to do!
Old 03-10-21, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I started this on the PS5 and I've rarely felt so lost at the beginning of a game before. I'm sure it'll pass, but so far I'm confused. There are notes all over the ground and they're both telling me too much and not enough. I'm certainly dying more than I do in any other game. I can't even get a handle on the controls.
Old 03-10-21, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I started this on the PS5 and I've rarely felt so lost at the beginning of a game before. I'm sure it'll pass, but so far I'm confused. There are notes all over the ground and they're both telling me too much and not enough. I'm certainly dying more than I do in any other game. I can't even get a handle on the controls.

We all experienced that when we first played the game...it was pretty brutal early on....you'll get use to that first area a lot...you'll farm the health viles and the "Points" to get and level up better stuff.....I strongly suggest reading the Wiki Bloodborne Wiki (fextralife.com)
Old 03-10-21, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 220 Likes on 131 Posts

I’m usually not a big fan of walkthroughs, but would absolutely recommend one for getting through the game up to the first boss. It’s one of my favorite games, but I never would’ve kept playing through it if I hadn’t looked up how to get through the obtuse beginning.
Old 03-11-21, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks, both of you. I'll take a look at that site and at least a starter walkthrough. I like the look and feel of the game, but I was definitely ready to put it aside already.
Old 03-11-21, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The game gets easier as you go, kind of. And while you're required to face off with the first boss (Cleric Beast) to gain access to certain things, you only have to interact with him and die - you don't have to defeat him to move on.
Old 03-11-21, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought the first boss was the bear monster I found in like the 3rd room in the game which I initially tried to punch to death.
RichC2 (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 12:02 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,277 Likes on 910 Posts

I thought the first boss was the bear monster I found in like the 3rd room in the game which I initially tried to punch to death.
The fun part is, eventually...? Those bear monsters (I think they're like wolves actually) are easy.

But yeah... Go find the cleric beast, then die. Then the game gets going.
K&AJones (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks, both of you. I'll take a look at that site and at least a starter walkthrough. I like the look and feel of the game, but I was definitely ready to put it aside already.

Don't....it's one of the best all-around games out there and still holds it's own even today....the art and look of that game is nothing short than outstanding. but make no mistake, it is challenging and sometimes you'll be wishing to just give it up. To this day I had a "Love It and Hate It" attitude toward it....still have to finish it. But as you progress you'll get better gear and resources to level but then it gets a bit tricky on how and where you want to go with your character in terms of Armor (Attire) and Weapons....which the Wiki is a real good source of showing the stats of both aloong with what resources you need to level.

FWIW...if you have a friend they can join sort of later I think and two going thru is sort of fun especially the Dungeons...but you become open to being Invaded by other players which we didn't like one bit. But go at it alone at first...it's an adventure and experience for sure....
Old 03-24-21, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hard to believe it's been Six Years....PS4 Masterpiece Bloodborne Turns Six Years Old Today..... PS4 Masterpiece Bloodborne Turns Six Years Old Today - Push Square
Old 03-25-21, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm doing better after doing a ridiculous amount of leveling up. Finished 3 or 4 boss battles, but for 2 of them I accidentally summoned what I'm really hoping wasn't actually a live player.
Old 03-25-21, 10:49 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

it was. I did that once. I turned off network access for the game after that.
Old 03-25-21, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dan
it was. I did that once. I turned off network access for the game after that.
Well that's embarrassing. The last one I wasn't even sure where the boss battle was, so I wandered around, looted some corpses... Then it occurred to me that it really could be a live player and I rushed up the stairs to what seemed like the most likely spot for a boss. I wasn't really prepared for the fight, but luckily the Vicar wasn't too bad (with help). I figured since I picked "play offline" that there would be no chance of playing with others.
Old 03-30-21, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I fired this back up to finally get into the DLC after years idle. I'm woefully underpowered for NG+, but managed to defeat Vicar Amelia and get the ball rolling finally.

Not a particularly easy game to pick back up, but I definitely remembered why I loved it so much.
K&AJones (03-31-21)
Old 04-01-21, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Well that's embarrassing. The last one I wasn't even sure where the boss battle was, so I wandered around, looted some corpses... Then it occurred to me that it really could be a live player and I rushed up the stairs to what seemed like the most likely spot for a boss. I wasn't really prepared for the fight, but luckily the Vicar wasn't too bad (with help). I figured since I picked "play offline" that there would be no chance of playing with others.
There are NPCs that you can summon for some boss fights. If you think you were playing offline, you probably summoned an NPC.
Old 10-06-21, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I started this up for a second playthrough after my recent DS marathon. I started fresh and played through to just before the final battles and finally made my way through the DLC - which felt like a pleasant mix of greatest hits from other Souls games. That is until Orphan of Kos. What the shit is THAT.

I copied my save game to a USB and went ahead and beat Moon Presence just to retain my sanity.

Edit: Took 26 health vials but I finally beat OoK.

Last edited by RichC2; 10-07-21 at 03:05 PM.
K&AJones (10-06-21)
Old 10-31-23, 02:51 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
Bloodborne Kart: RELEASING 1/31/2024!

➡ 12 racers!
➡ 16 maps!
➡ Full single player campaign mode!
➡ Boss fights!
➡ Local split screen multiplayer!
➡ VS Battle mode!

Music by The Noble Demon
Cover art by Corwyn Prichard
Announcer voiced by Gianni Matragrano
Press kit: http://fansoftware.org