Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Old 04-29-20, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Ooo. I want that.

Dark Souls III running at a fluid 60 fps vs 20 - 30 fps was a total game changer for it.
Old 07-29-20, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I thought this was neat someone made a 2D version of Bloodborne. Only two bosses Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne. Loved the dogs

The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-29-20)
Old 01-27-21, 07:58 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

After almost 6 years I finally finished this! I initially bought it at launch, promising myself that "finally I will beat a souls game!" I failed miserably, giving up in the first area.

Cut to 2020 and Demon's Souls on the PS5. Made myself the same promise, and this time I succeeded. With newfound confidence, I came back and had a great time! Loved almost everything about this game, especially the atmosphere and world design. Didn't care for the chalices (they don't seem to fit with this type of game).

Now, onto the DLC...
The following 3 users liked this post by Groucho:
K&AJones (01-28-21), RichC2 (01-27-21), slop101 (01-28-21)
Old 01-28-21, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 114 Likes on 83 Posts

Yeah, love this fucking game (I also quit at first and went back a year or so later).
Finished the main game, and only started the DLC, which kicked my ass so hard, I quit. Might go back, but I think I just need to replay the base game first.
Old 01-30-21, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

I had a similar experience. Started the game, got my arse kicked. Gave up. Came back a year later and more determined and made it all the way to the final boss. Never beat him, so still got it to do. Great game, but did not care for the lack of any sort of guidance in the beginning. Not a dummy, but just even minor help would have been nice. I had never played a Souls game before, so that and the harder game play than usual made it a rough start. I can understand many giving up fast and never coming back.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (02-01-21)
Old 01-30-21, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

It was my first Souls game as well, and I can see it both ways on the lack of guidance. Every new discovery was awesome (especially the first gate, learning how the world was setup) but simultaneously confusing as hell.
Old 01-30-21, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Ran across the speed runs of this on YouTube....and wow. Under 20 minutes to beat it. I think they are running a Day 1 version, but still. Crazy.
Old 02-01-21, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
I had a similar experience. Started the game, got my arse kicked. Gave up. Came back a year later and more determined and made it all the way to the final boss. Never beat him, so still got it to do. Great game, but did not care for the lack of any sort of guidance in the beginning. Not a dummy, but just even minor help would have been nice. I had never played a Souls game before, so that and the harder game play than usual made it a rough start. I can understand many giving up fast and never coming back.

A couple of us got Day One when it came out and early on...nothing but Pain & Grief & Frustration....you basically had to take it slow, re-run some areas to get Resources in order to get better gear which was needed. It felt like..."One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...Rinse & Repeat"...but was worth it. We just didn't like it setup when you invited a Fried to play it opened up being Invaded which happened a lot when the game came out. And it was obvious The Invaders just wanted to make it misserible for you to play and advance. We had a blast running The Chalice Dungeon Areas together though...that was fun...a few times we even had three playing....Two makes fun and better and even then was still a challenge. The design and artistic throughout the game was a sight to behold....I never finished it; stuck with one Boss that I came ever so close but never could get thru...Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos...I had a easier time with The Cleric Beast early on with hardly any good gear....Great game but one I had a Hate It But Love It feeling with...need to pick it back up...
Old 02-01-21, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 114 Likes on 83 Posts

I needed to grind A LOT in the game in order to beat most bosses, but unlike turn-based RPGs, the grind in this game is action-based, and actually fun to do!