Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-15, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Originally Posted by maxfisher
I actually beat Ebrietas last night. The only thing I did differently was equip the short version of Ludwig's instead of the long. With the long, I was ending up in a good position, but running out of stamina too frequently to keep swinging the blade. With the short, I was able to just keep hacking away until she was dead.

I started in on Nightmare of Mensis, made it to just before the first boss there and retreated back to the lantern to spend my blood echoes then call it a night. The start of that area is the first place in the game where I've just said fuck it and run like hell instead of killing everything.

I'll have to try a fire gem on Rom tonight. I'd been avoiding those, since they reduce the physical damage so much. If you need help with Ebrietas, I'm happy to give it a shot if you see me on. I haven't played co-op on the game yet, so I'm not entirely clear how it works other than knowing it involves the bells. My PSN id is maxfisher77.

I'll have to try the short next time going after her. I have my stamina up high enough where I can get 2-3 swings and still roll out. but using the short with some quicker strikes seems like a good idea. Just got to worry about those darn lasers which seem to hit me no matter where I am.

like the co-op part but despise the probability of Invaders. I'm there to collect, look around and tackle everything I can on the map. If I wanted PvP then there should be a area for it like every other game out there. Just MHO...
Old 06-04-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Yeah, I don't think Insight affects actual enemy difficulty, but it will add obstacles and such since the more knowledgeable you are about what's actually happening, the more these things try to take you down (or the more you understand, the more you can see. Either way works really.)
Old 06-04-15, 09:07 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts

Once again, thanks for the.. umm.. insight guys. I appreciate it. I'm finding that farming in Old Yharnam is more rewarding than in Central Yharnam. Far more echoes in less time... but less blood vials. I'm barely needing those, except for during boss fights, so it's not like I'm running short anyway.

Originally Posted by K&AJones
like the co-op part but despise the probability of Invaders. I'm there to collect, look around and tackle everything I can on the map. If I wanted PvP then there should be a area for it like every other game out there. Just MHO...
Yeah... I haven't experienced an invasion yet (I play offline because I haven't bit the bullet on PS+ yet), but based on what I've heard, that would be infuriating. I think a "true" PvP mode would be more fulfilling.
Old 06-04-15, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you can kill the Werewolves just before BSB, they're worth something like 980 blood echoes a piece, pretty hefty compared to a lot of things at that point in the game
Old 06-04-15, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very close to the end of the game so I've sort of put the main game on hold and have been going through the chalice dungeons. Does anything about the dungeons (difficulty, progress, etc) change if you complete the game and start NG+? In other words, do I need to put the main game on hold to keep going with the dungeons or will it be no different if I complete the game and start NG+?
Old 06-04-15, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I do believe the Chalice Dungeons stay the same in NG+ and do not receive a boost in difficulty.
Old 06-04-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Nope, dungeons carry over separately into the new game+ and are unaffected, so feel to wrap things up and tackle them later.

Unrelated, does anyone who's done the first Ailing Loran dungeon recall if they were getting crazy high blood echoes from it? When I started my new game+, I equipped both of the runes i have for extra blood echoes and I pulled over 150k from the first level of the dungeon. I also pulled over 200k clearing out Central Yharnam sans bosses. I did Central Yharnam first and thought that new game+ must give tons more echoes, but the high number in Ailing Loran is making me wonder if those runes aren't super helpful. I've jumped from under level 100 when finishing the game to 115 in new game+ and I'm not even to Gascoine yet.
Old 06-04-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That almost sounds like something broke, I sure as shit didn't get that many blood echoes play through NG+ in Central Yharnam. I only recall getting a 3% boost with each Rune.
Old 06-04-15, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RichC2
That almost sounds like something broke, I sure as shit didn't get that many blood echoes play through NG+ in Central Yharnam. I only recall getting a 3% boost with each Rune.
Actually, I just looked it up and the echoes runes are 20%, 40% & 60%, but I only have the first two to equip. So having them both up is either 60% or 68%, depending on if they stack. In the first area in the first Ailing Loran chalice, where there are a bunch of the hooded ghouls, I was getting ~5k/small and ~8k/big. That would make the pre-rune values around 3k and 5k.
Old 06-04-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Actually, I just looked it up and the echoes runes are 20%, 40% & 60%, but I only have the first two to equip. So having them both up is either 60% or 68%, depending on if they stack. In the first area in the first Ailing Loran chalice, where there are a bunch of the hooded ghouls, I was getting ~5k/small and ~8k/big. That would make the pre-rune values around 3k and 5k.
Good to know, I need to reequip those runes.
Old 06-14-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I just started the game this morning. WTF did I get myself into?
Old 06-14-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Hello, my name is Lorenzol and I'm a Bloodborne addict.
Old 06-14-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I just started the game this morning. WTF did I get myself into?
Either 1 hour of frustration or 50 hours of enjoyment. Seems to work either way
Old 06-14-15, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Either 1 hour of frustration or 50 hours of enjoyment. Seems to work either way
The 1-10 hours of frustration are a given. That is called the breaking in or get broken period. After that, you can actually start making some progress.
Old 06-14-15, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The 1-10 hours of frustration are a given. That is called the breaking in or get broken period. After that, you can actually start making some progress.
Yeah, it was a joke about rage quitting.
Old 06-14-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I damn near gave up on this game until I figured out how to level up and then destroyed the Cleric Beast. I still have not finished the game but I'm nowhere near as frustrated with it as I was during that first 5 hour or so period.
Old 06-14-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just started and I'm trying to figure out where and what I have to do. I can't fight anyone since I don't have any weapons so I'm trying to figure out what to do.
Old 06-14-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Just started and I'm trying to figure out where and what I have to do. I can't fight anyone since I don't have any weapons so I'm trying to figure out what to do.
Get killed by that werewolf and then you will get taken to the Hunter's Dream. Good luck!
Old 06-14-15, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Enjoy the confusing "Huh?" bits, it all makes so much sense as you progress and you get a lot of "a-ha!" moments from it.
Old 06-15-15, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Picked my new game+ back up last night and figure I'll keep on with it at least until Arkham Knight comes out next week. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised how easy it is so far. I took out Gascoigne on my second try last night and it only took two because I got stuck between a tombstone and tree after he transformed on the first one. Also, equipping the two blood echo ruins makes it stupid easy to level up. I had around 20k when I got to Gascoigne. I beat him, went through Cathedral Ward and then cleared out Old Yharnam up to BSB before running back to a lantern to level up and call it a night. That run netted me ~340k. I cleared a floor of the first Ailing Loran dungeon also and went from level 113 to 119 with a couple hours of playing.
Old 06-18-15, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It took me approximately 7 hours (it felt longer) of dying constantly to figure out the fighting and dodging control scheme of this game. I played the first Demon Souls game which I sucked badly and didn't get very far in the first Dark Souls game. After figuring the differing combinations of long and short range weapons I could use, it finally clicked and found the fighting scheme intuitive and I'm enjoying this game even though I'm still dying at a fairly fast rate. I guess the difficulty comes in having so very few save points and having to restart the whole stage if you die before saving...

The sad part is that I'm still in Central Yarnham and at first kept dying at the hand of those two Scourge Beast in front of the bridge that I finally went and look up a guide to see if there was another way to avoid them or kill them. Imagine my surprise when I found another way to go around them and then kill them.

There's no way I'm going to get a platinum in this game but at least it doesn't feel I wasted my money on it.

BTW, I'm playing this offline.
Old 06-18-15, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The save points mostly aren't a problem in the game, there's 1 per area (and 1 per boss after you beat them, but I think that's more of a courtesy so you can get back to the Hunter's Dream) but there are numerous shortcuts (gates, elevators) to get where you need to go, quickly, you just have to find them. Opening the gate to the left of where you start in Central Yharnam is a big one.

I remember spending about 10 hours in Central Yharnam, but most of that was getting acquainted with everything. The game becomes so much more clear after the first couple bosses.

Last edited by RichC2; 06-18-15 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-18-15, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You are right. I'm finally at a point that even though I died, I feel comfortable enough with the enemies and their patterns that I don't feel overwhelmed about it. Encountering new enemies and figuring out if I can kill them right away its still an issue for me.
Old 06-18-15, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I gave up on killing enemies unless I was exploring or trying to level up so much easier to sprint past them.
Old 06-18-15, 09:10 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts

LorenzoL,
You're in the exact same situation I was in. Damn, I need to pick this game up again. I've been lazy lately. If you haven't already found the shortcut through Central Yharnam, do that. Look it up if you have to.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.