Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-15, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Over at NeoGaf, there are a couple of these "Invader Clowns" who actually brag about invading and in their words "like fu@king up their lives"...and posting videos.

The enemies are bad enough but when the Sinister Bell is answered, you basically have to stop what you and your friend are doing...like completing an area or heading to a Boss and deal with this clown. We said the next time this happens and we can kill ourselves then that's what we'll do....and then send them a real nasty message and submit a complaint...even if we have to make stuff up.
Old 04-24-15, 05:10 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I only got invaded twice...and that was late game. I never did coop so I just starting playing offline because I did not want to be bothered by it.
Old 04-25-15, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Just beat Cleric Beast on NG+, and I feel slightly violated. No more leveling to over power the bosses, actual strategy is required

I see why Cleric was the first boss now, he's kind of easy once you figure him out, but it didn't translate that way
Old 04-25-15, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RichC2
Just beat Cleric Beast on NG+, and I feel slightly violated. No more leveling to over power the bosses, actual strategy is required

I see why Cleric was the first boss now, he's kind of easy once you figure him out, but it didn't translate that way
More Pain & Misery awaits you based on what I've read from some starting NG+. I remember one describing BSB the second time around and you thought he fought one of the last bosses.

The co-op part is really fun and it's a bit too much...except on some bosses maybe but there's plenty in this game so co-op could be done without looking over your shoulder. What would really be cool...add some horde mode with three Hunters with various enemies types at each level. I know with these types of Dark Souls games that's not in the mix but with this game it would be insanely fun.
Old 04-26-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on my 2nd playthrough at this point, sort of. I stopped my first playthrough at the very end because of the elevator glitch, I couldn't get to one of the last bosses. While I waited for a patch I re-started the game. And Eileen glitched/vanished somehow when I missed her in Central Yarnham, so I never got the Blade of Mercy, which I wanted for my skill build.

Re-running the game using mostly the same setup (skill/arcane) but with some arcane earlier, and less VIT and END, because once you git gud you need it less . Run up to the point I'm at the Unseen Village, which started to kill me. I just started doing some of the chalice dungeons for the first time last night, mainly because being a bit underleveled this time finally started to catch up to me, and it gave me something else to do.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit. Not as good as Dark Souls (I miss the variety of spells / weapons) but better than DS2 and stylistically very interesting. Miyazaki's touch is noticeable.
Old 04-26-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Wasn't easy but I beat Mergo's Wet Nurse. Right now I just going thru Cainhurt Castle, enemies are no match for my Ludwig Holy Blade +10. Hopefully I can beat that boss everyone said can be tough.
Old 04-27-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm thinking of doing a arcane build for the next game with a new character. Thinking on putting points into vit, end, str (16 pts for Ludwig Holy Blade) and arcane.
Old 04-27-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played some again yesterday but this time offline and not able to do any co-op with a friend like we normally do. Felt weird being in a party, playing the same game but not together.

I just did some farming to get my Blood Vials back after losing a bunch to Martyr Longinus at Canehurst. I went and worked on my third Chalice Dungeon finishing the second level and able to grab the Ash Armor Set (the one that looks like the Witch out of the Wizard of Oz). That one will rock against Fire & Bolt damage....

As much as I like the Holy Blade I end up always going back to the Hunter's Axe with bosses including the Witch in Level 2. I tried the Holy Blade but like other Bosses she backed off just enough for me not to hit her and then laid into me during a opening. I did try the Blade(s) of Mercy on her and those lit her up big time...I really like these. But you just cannot ignore the range of The Axe when it comes down to it.

Which puts me in a dilemma with the Blood Chunks since I'm told you really need to choose wisely where you want to put them. I've already leveled up the Holy Blade to +7 and the Axe and Blade of Mercy are both +6. The Holy Blade has far better attributes with (B) on Strength and Endurance. The Axe is at C & D. The Blade of Mercy is already at (A) in the Skill slot. I have Strength, Endurance and Skill all at (22). Looking back I might have gone with The Axe for heavy & range with Blade of Mercy as support for speed and close range.
Old 04-27-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Ok, so I'm waaay behind most people in this thread, but at the moment, I'm glad I stuck with the game. I beat the Cleric Beast over the weekend and made it to Father Gascoigne last night. Managed to whittle him down to about 50% on my first try, then died and called it a night. The game has a great sense of exploration and discovery to it, but a little more direction at the beginning would probably help newcomers a lot. I was about to give up and then started just doing short farming runs to level up a little bit. Getting 2-3 levels higher and buying the initial armor made a huge difference in Central Yharnam feeling challenging and unpredictable instead of cheap and annoying.
Old 04-27-15, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So when do we expect the official guide to come out? It's still saying coming soon on the PS4.
Old 04-27-15, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Ok, so I'm waaay behind most people in this thread, but at the moment, I'm glad I stuck with the game. I beat the Cleric Beast over the weekend and made it to Father Gascoigne last night. Managed to whittle him down to about 50% on my first try, then died and called it a night. The game has a great sense of exploration and discovery to it, but a little more direction at the beginning would probably help newcomers a lot. I was about to give up and then started just doing short farming runs to level up a little bit. Getting 2-3 levels higher and buying the initial armor made a huge difference in Central Yharnam feeling challenging and unpredictable instead of cheap and annoying.
Yeah, the beginning of the game was unapologetically obscure. But figuring out how the gates, the game world, and the game in general was just a great experience so I'm sort of happy they went that route. It's definitely inaccessible as hell though.
Old 04-27-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
So when do we expect the official guide to come out? It's still saying coming soon on the PS4.
It's out, I have it and it is huge. It is about 1.5 times the size of the Dark Souls 2 guide.
Old 04-27-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Congrads on the Cleric Beast and Father G was a huge PITA for me. I had to call in help....just like you had him down 50% and under but his last phase cornered me a few times and it's over. Central Yharnam is a good place with a good various types of enemies to get your feet wet. Be sure to check it thoroughly as good stuff will help you later...yes, armor included. And don't be shy about doing it all over to get Blood Echo's to level and keep your supply of Blood Vials...we still go back there to get them.
Old 04-27-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I get Father G down to about 33% on NG+ but the second he goes beast, I can't move fast enough to survive more than a second
Old 04-27-15, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gLsc-U8b4E8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-29-15, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

God damn it, I put in my Bloodborne disc it say data corrupted and can't played it all.

I guess I'm going to just digital download from PSN store and start over. This suck!!!
Old 04-29-15, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dom56
God damn it, I put in my Bloodborne disc it say data corrupted and can't played it all.

I guess I'm going to just digital download from PSN store and start over. This suck!!!
Can't you back up your save game through the system menu? And then I'd just re-install from disc.
Old 04-29-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, try that first. If that doesn't work, go buy a used copy from Gamestop (so you can take it back) and see if a new disc helps. If that doesn't work, then
Old 04-29-15, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
Can't you back up your save game through the system menu? And then I'd just re-install from disc.
Yeah, I have PS+ and able to save to cloud, so all not lost. Just clean the disc and now it's working.
Old 04-29-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good for you...of all the games to start over...this would be my last choice. There's enough PITA with one playthru let alone all over again.
Old 04-29-15, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updates if anyone cares.

Hunter near Machine Gun Kelly = down
BSB = down
Witches = down

Next up: Vicar

Upgraded Ludwig's to +5. Love that sword!
Old 04-29-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I loved the Ludwig, I got it +10 and it's really overpower in the Chalice Dungeon which I'm doing now.
Old 04-29-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gooter
Updates if anyone cares.

Hunter near Machine Gun Kelly = down
BSB = down
Witches = down

Next up: Vicar

Upgraded Ludwig's to +5. Love that sword!

Good going Goot....yea I have the Holy Blade as my Top Weapon (+7) with the Axe at Number 2 and for close & single I love the Blade of Mercy. As much as I love the Holy Blade the range of that Axe has come in handy on several occasions. It's shame the Blood Chunks are few and between so you could really level up two or more.

Next up: Vicar....I'm sorry.....
Old 04-29-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After BSB, Vicar didn't seem so bad.

I mean, with BSB it just seemed personal. I'm still curious about what I did to piss it off.
Old 04-29-15, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got lucky with BSB. Only took two tries. On my first, I got it down to a sliver of health before I got too cocky and rushed in for the final kill only to be on the other end of the whooping stick. And trust me, it was ALL luck and no skill.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.