Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 10:14 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Try to have a weapon in your other slot that is situational. I don't use my cane anymore, the Holy Blade fills most of my needs, but I have recently discovered how fun the Rifle Spear's charge attack is and I will use it for enemies that I don't want to get close to.
Old 04-02-15, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

I been trying to farm blood shards so I can raise my weapon. Got my Threaded Cane to +1 so far. Try killing off those two werewolves by using that stair trick but they only just dropping vials. Wonder if I should put a point or two on the Arcane to increase the chance of getting a shards to drop.
Old 04-02-15, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts

The two werewolves at the beginning only drop blood vials, other werewolves later on drop the shards. I didn't realize that until my last playthrough of Central Yarhnam..
Old 04-02-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Still confused.

If I raise STR up to the soft cap, where I'm assuming all increases stated "+ right hand weapon 1", does that mean the weapon equipped in slot 2, even if it is a STR based weapon, does not receive any additional benefit? .... until STR is raised above soft cap where it now states "+ right hand weapon 2".

I wish it was as simple as quick slots for 2 different weapons.
Old 04-02-15, 10:33 AM
gamer for life

Where your weapon is slotted has nothing to do with increase in damage or stats from leveling up. If you raise strength any weapon that benefits from strength will go up. Once you go past the soft cap it might take 3 levels of strength before you even see some weapons go up..but if that weapon is rated C or higher you should still see it go up when you raise it.

Slotting has nothing to do outside just having them easy to get at during a fight.
Old 04-02-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Gooter
Still confused.

If I raise STR up to the soft cap, where I'm assuming all increases stated "+ right hand weapon 1", does that mean the weapon equipped in slot 2, even if it is a STR based weapon, does not receive any additional benefit? .... until STR is raised above soft cap where it now states "+ right hand weapon 2".

I wish it was as simple as quick slots for 2 different weapons.
Basically it's a quick slot for 2 different weapons, and when you see "R-hand WPN 1 ATK" and "R-hand WPN 2 ATK" it's just telling you what your ATK is for those weapons and it's showing you how the added level affects the weapon. Try leveling up when you aren't carrying a weapon and it'll make more sense.
Old 04-02-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, so it is as easy as this then... "I wish it was as simple as quick slots for 2 different weapons".
Old 04-02-15, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty much, basically we like to over complicate things they tried to simplify for us
Old 04-02-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
It is for the weapon you have in your second slot...if you only have one weapon slotted you will still see damage in the other slot because that is just your bare hand's damage.
That makes sense, I have never put a weapon in there yet so its always showing my "fist strength!"

I tend to stab myself for extra bullets when trying to change items because i try to use the "up" direction to go the other way when cycling through items.
Old 04-02-15, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

In regards to Leveling Up your character stats....in my case I've put Vitality 1st with Strength & Endurance almost equal (Lone Survivor)., when do I need to look at Arcane and Skill?

Right now I'm level 24 and my loadout is something like this...

Vitality - 19
endurance - 15
Strength - 16
Skill - 10
Bloodtinge - 7
Arcane - 7

When I'm in the menu showing what happens if I raise one of the stats, Vitality and Endurance makes the most jump while Arcane & Skill show less improvement. Wasn't certain I should start to pour points in the other areas or just continue with Vitality, Endurance and Strength?
Old 04-02-15, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think it may be weapon specific requirements later on. I'm level 36 and my Arcane is still at 7 or 8. I spent most of my points on the big 3.
Old 04-02-15, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Increasing Arcane will increase the probability of item drops from enemies. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Bloodtinge is required for certain weapons I believe and will also increase damage from the guns which are bloodtinge items. Increasing bullet damage isn't really helpful that i have seen though because its mostly used for stunning, not killing.

I know the katana, which I haven't found yet but looked up online, is a "blood" weapon so you need a higher bloodtinge to use it.

Like you guys, I have kept my arcane and bloodtinge both low. I think they are both around 9.

I just finished off the catherdral ward boss. During that fight

Spoiler:
there is an item you collect along your travels called "numbing mist" or something like that. It prevents healing. I used it on her both times she tried to heal herself and it stopped the heal and may have even stunned her. So I managed to take her out first try!

Last edited by mewmartigan; 04-02-15 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-02-15, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pouring souls into any attribute will always be specific to the type of weapons and gear you are using. There is a particularly good weapon that comes later in a quest line (mentioned in an earlier spoiler tag by me), and it scales based on arcane.
Old 04-02-15, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like you can add another dead boss to my list:

Spoiler:
Martyr Logarius

It was a fun boss fight, though still not on the level of the one I quoted as my favorite earlier. Having the summoned phantoms with you to co-op is helpful, and helps with the aggro, as well as the extracurricular things you will have to manage during the fight. Also, defeating this boss gives you an item that allows you to both proceed, as well as....

Spoiler:
Help to bring the Alfred quest line with the Executioners to a close. How it will go, and which items you will get out of it all, it depends on how you choose to take the quests to their completion.
Old 04-02-15, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

As of today, in case anyone was wondering, I can confirm that Ludwig's Holy Blade is the fucking tits. Just in case you didn't believe the half dozen people who said the same thing earlier in the thread...

I've been just dicking around yesterday and today. I don't know how much progress I've really made, but I've been having a ton of fun just exploring and killing stuff. There's one boss,
Spoiler:
the electric dog
, waiting for me, and I think I'm right near another one as well. I'll probably go back to them sometime this weekend.
Old 04-02-15, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know many people have already said the same thing, but don't give up after the first few hours. This game made me want to smash my controller multiple times from the get go. I didn't read any tutorials, so the first few hours were beyond frustrating.

Once I figured out you only have one lamp per zone but can find shortcuts to move around it made it much easier to deal with dying. Also, once I figured out how to actually level up its been much more fun. Right now I'm just farming the bridge werewolves to level up.
Old 04-02-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I know many people have already said the same thing, but don't give up after the first few hours. This game made me want to smash my controller multiple times from the get go. I didn't read any tutorials, so the first few hours were beyond frustrating.

Once I figured out you only have one lamp per zone but can find shortcuts to move around it made it much easier to deal with dying. Also, once I figured out how to actually level up its been much more fun. Right now I'm just farming the bridge werewolves to level up.
It's absurd how good the game gets once it gets going.
Old 04-02-15, 11:16 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by RichC2
It's absurd how good the game gets once it gets going.
it is going down as one of the greatest gaming accomplishments I have ever experienced.
Old 04-02-15, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know if you're supposed to fight Vicar before or after BSB, but kind of a disappointing fight. She just seems like a scaled down, less volatile version of BSB and is just so damn goofy looking.
Old 04-03-15, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally Did It!!!!.....Father G. PITA......

Don't even ask how many times, I'll need an accountant.....Father G in his first two forms, I just kept spamming the Long Axe and keeping the right distance when he would just fire several times. I mostly kept a group of Tombstones off to the right when you first come in (and a tree there) between us. And when he transformed in his third, lit him up with a Molotov, Long Axe just dodging, move, strike a few Molotov's in between. Never used the Music Box and only ran up the stairs once

Have no idea where and what's next...haven't even looked at anything so if any "Tips & Suggestions"...not complete walkthrough but I guess I need something to use the Gem I got right?
Old 04-03-15, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Not really, Father G is one of the rare fights that actually opens a path moving forward. You literally go forward from where you fought him. The gem
Spoiler:
is either a blood gem for you, or a side quest item (that thus far has yielded nothing, but who knows maybe later it will) for the kid you got the music box from
Old 04-03-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RichC2
Not really, Father G is one of the rare fights that actually opens a path moving forward. You literally go forward from where you fought him. The gem
Spoiler:
is either a blood gem for you, or a side quest item (that thus far has yielded nothing, but who knows maybe later it will) for the kid you got the music box from

I got the Blood Gem....

FWIW...I saw two friends online last night I've played Destiny & Warframe with a lot playing the game. I haven't spoken to them as to why they got it and what they think so far. I'm sure the stellar reviews being overwhelming so far could've been a factor. I picked up two more "Insight" and still have yet to use it nor how to if I wanted to send a request to a specific person. Might see and try this later.
Old 04-03-15, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My recommendation on Insight is
Spoiler:
try to collect 10 of them. It opens a new shop with excellent armor in the Hunter's Dream. In order to buy stuff from it you have to spend Insight, so be sure you buy all the armor at the same time if you do, because you can't access it again until you're back at 10.
Old 04-03-15, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank you Mr. Rich....

Also is there a good primer or basic info on the "Gems" used in the weapons. I really haven't paid much attention until now since I got my first but I didn't want to do something I would regret or couldn't change.

And on Insight...it's essentially earned thru defeating Bosses or is there other ways?
Old 04-03-15, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Madman's Knowledge is hidden all over the place, it's an item that gives you 1 Insight.

Gems are fortified into your weapon after you get a specific tool (I don't remember when I got it, but it's part of your regular progression and not hidden). You can highlight them and see how it enhances your weapon (Blue for good, Red for bad).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.