Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-15, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Just try to keep behind him as much as possible and you should be okay. And, honestly, with these games, if I get stuck on a boss like this, I go straight to YouTube and see how everyone else is doing it. Yes, it takes a little bit of that feeling of accomplishment away, but you get to move on and enjoy the game you paid for.

Once I started doing that with the very first Souls fame, I really started to enjoy then a hell of a lot more. There's a guy on YouTube, EpicNameBro, who does really nice, extensive, and informative playthroughs of the Souls games on his channel. I've been watching them for years and they're super helpful.
Old 03-26-15, 11:16 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I used this strategy for my first attempt. Went in with only two health potions and 3 Molotovs. Got it down to about 5% health and he got me with a large attack. So close...

With 20 health potions you will make him your bitch...
Old 03-27-15, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd

This game is amazing. I beat the second boss the first time. I avoided him for a while because some say he is actually one of the hardest bosses in the game...but I found him easier than the first...probably because I am getting better and also because I spammed moltovs....
Is there a good spot to farm Molotovs? All I keep finding are health potions and a crap ton Bullets.
Old 03-27-15, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Played a lot last night and frankly was proud & happy of doing something that even I didn't think I'd do....Kill The Cleric Beast...1st Time!

I'm still shocked considering Big Fatty in the first part must had killed me 12+ times but I just stayed away and waited to get basically under and behind just slashing away at his legs. And when he hit me, get some distance and heal. Then look for an opening and get close, under and behind. What satisfaction

I also took on the Werewolves a few times...score Me-2 vs Werewolves -3 The first time I lured one away with a pebble, had him almost completely down and the other came out of no-where. But I did use the "Lure Down The Stairs" trick to the house and worked like a charm.

I just got more at ease moving around, taking on enemies; still got killed and did a lot of it to. Opened up another shortcut in the Courtyard so with three shortcuts and Two Lantern spawn points I can get around a bit more. I also got the Hunter Set down in the sewer....a place I have no desire to return to.

I did buy the Kirkhammer but for some reason it's telling me I cannot put it in my load out because I don't have enough accolades or something like that. Would it have something to do with not taking the "Channel Blood Echo's" when it was offered? All I did was talk not really knowing what that was.
Old 03-27-15, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Which one is big fatty? Is that the guy hiding by the gate if you make a left during the mob part?

The one aspect I love about this franchise of games (related or not at this point) is the fact that nothing is explained. It reminds me of games from when I was a kid, didn't know where to go, what to do, figuring out how to play the game was part of the game. It adds to the experience.

If there's one thing I have to say about the first level, it's fuck sewer rats.

Last edited by RichC2; 03-27-15 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-27-15, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooter
Can you explain further this stealth charge attack? I can't beat him either but have only tried two times.

I don't know about bosses but for regular enemies you get behind them, do your charged R2 attack and as that is hitting the enemy, keep pressing R1. that will start the "super damage" animation.

It took me a while to realize that in order to sneak up behind enemies you have to move slowly up behind them...otherwise they turn around.
Old 03-27-15, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I also got the Hunter Set down in the sewer....a place I have no desire to return to.

I did buy the Kirkhammer but for some reason it's telling me I cannot put it in my load out because I don't have enough accolades or something like that. Would it have something to do with not taking the "Channel Blood Echo's" when it was offered? All I did was talk not really knowing what that was.
Yeah, I am in the sewers and lost...to many turns and alleys and ladders! haha. I still need to find the dead hunter for the armor.

For the Kirkhammer and other weapons, you need to have a specific attribute level. The specs of the weapon should tell you. So if you picked somebody with a "strength" of 8 and Kirkhammer requires 9, you probably can't equip it yet.

"channel blood echos" at the doll is just leveling up your character. You get to choose on attribute to increase by 1 point when you level up.
Old 03-27-15, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eurogamer Review: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...odborne-review

They stopped doing number scores, but it reads like a 10.

These flaws, however, are like the tiny cracks in the Sistine Chapel's ceiling. They exist but, in the context of such a masterpiece as Bloodborne, they don't diminish the achievement.

The fact is that few other studios in the world can match what From Software is doing in big-budget games. Director Hidetaka Miyazaki is possessed of a rare talent, an all-encompassing design sensibility capable of tying everything that matters - aesthetics, narrative, sound and mechanical design - together in a manner where each feeds into and enhances the others. The structure underlying Bloodborne is not just original but coherent, and because of this the impact of everything it does is commensurately greater. This is total design. It feels wonderful to have a world like this and, over a week of solid play later, feel that there's so much more to discover. And it's awful to know that, in all likelihood, it will be a painfully long time until I play anything else that matches up to Bloodborne's breadth of vision, generosity of content, and - yes - genius.
Old 03-27-15, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Fuck it; I'm buying this game tonight.

About how long is it? My gf is away this weekend; curious how much I'll be able to grind through tomorrow.
Old 03-27-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

This game is great but there are two things that bother me quite a bit:

1. The ridiculously long load times that we all know are terrible.
2. The ability of enemy attacks simply able to pass through solid objects like horse carriages and walls as if they are not even there. Also, the enemies show no damage at all, which is a bit disappointing.
Old 03-27-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Noonan
Fuck it; I'm buying this game tonight.

About how long is it? My gf is away this weekend; curious how much I'll be able to grind through tomorrow.
They say 40 hours, but honestly it's one of those games that can take an extremely long time or you can fly through (granted you have the skills to do so). I'm usually not one for running around and discovering stuff, but the game world here has an ability to one up itself constantly and it's kind of impressive.
Old 03-27-15, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. I felt confident that I'll love it (since I'm a huge DS fan) so I bought it digitally. That'll give my PS4 time to download by the time I get home.
Old 03-27-15, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh you'll be right at home then, it's DS with less sluggish combat.
Old 03-27-15, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I never got around to playing DS2 thanks to FF14 (which I'm still addicted to) but i'll find time to play this one. I enjoyed Demon Souls more than Dark.
Old 03-27-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

What is that second fountain or whatever in the Hunter's Dream? The one almost directly above the one where you buy items. It asks if I want to use Insight to buy it if I remember right, but I don't even know what it is for.
Old 03-27-15, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't mind a remastered collection of Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1 on the PS4 since we are getting Dark Souls 2 next month.
Old 03-27-15, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I reallllly hope that happens.
Old 03-27-15, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

IGN has an article up on "How Bloodborne lost me" apparently the guy spent 12 hours on the first level and still hasn't figured out how Gates work (as suggested by his "15 minutes of enemies to get to the boss.") I'm guessing one of his co-workers should have popped by his cubicle and gave him a few pointers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...dborne-lost-me

Last edited by RichC2; 03-27-15 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-27-15, 09:18 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
What is that second fountain or whatever in the Hunter's Dream? The one almost directly above the one where you buy items. It asks if I want to use Insight to buy it if I remember right, but I don't even know what it is for.
I would like to know as well
Old 03-27-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I would like to know as well
Per the IGN Wiki.....

Fountain Merchant

The Fountain Merchant is located in a small fountain just outside the main building. The fountain will be empty on first inspection, and will only become active once the player has obtained 10 Insight points. In doing so, you will be able to purchase specific items using Insight as currency. This includes the items needed to join Co-op and PVP play, Attire won from defeating enemy Hunter NPCs, and other key items.

Quote.....Yeah, I am in the sewers and lost...to many turns and alleys and ladders! haha. I still need to find the dead hunter for the armor

Are you talking about the area where from the courtyard, you go right up some steps, turn right go up some steps, over the Main Bridge straight (Werewolves on your right), go down the steps and you'll be in a open small courtyard. Look to your left (I put a Messenger down) where boxes and barrels are and just smash everything around. Beware the lower level, especially the end....but it's worth it....

Last edited by K&AJones; 03-27-15 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-27-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

The controls feel really clunky to me. Part of it must be that I started out with the axe, so I think I'm going to restart and go with the weaker but quicker weapon. But even the evading feels off, like I press the circle button, and either nothing happens, or the action is delayed by a second. I do know that you have to wait for a previous animation to finish before your character will pull off what you input, but it still feels sluggish.

But, goddammit, the worst is still the loading. I really do not mind dying. But if they're going to make a game where you constantly die, they should do something about the load times, or make it so there's no loading. It's really a game killer and makes me not want to play. I do not remember Demon Souls having loading issues like this.
Old 03-27-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, they really need to patch that.
Old 03-27-15, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, load times suck but man, I don't mind cuz this game rocks. Still haven't beaten the first boss as I'm having fun roaming around the city. I made it into the sewers and found the hunter armor. Is it better stat-wise than the Yharman set you can buy?

I re-rolled so I could pick the saw cleaver but I think I prefer the cane as it is quicker. I'm pretty sure you can buy the starter weapons later on in the game, right?

Still trying to get the timing down on the offhand shotgun blast to stagger. Can all enemies, even bosses, be staggered by it?

The ravens and those legless creatures in the sewer freaked the crap out of me.

Love this game!!
Old 03-27-15, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The moment I ran through the sewer and saw an area that basically doubled the size of the level I was sold on this game. So much stuff for what could have easily been missed and all of it is just there to either be discovered or missed entirely.

Or maybe it couldn't have been missed, but the way I found my way to it, it certainly seemed like it.
Old 03-27-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This guy does a great job of showing where some hidden stuff is during the first part of the game as well as where some key NPCs and items are.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_MWHoumGgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.