Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel- (PS3, 360, PC) Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-15, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel- (PS3, 360, PC) Fall 2014

Just played through* the Claptrap DLC for this, and I loved it!

Arguably the best or 2nd best piece of BL DLC out of all the games. Well over 5 or 6 hours, which is more than worth the $10 asking price. If you find Claptrap at all funny, you should dig this, and the levels are a hoot as well (especially the bubblegum-pop music side mission "I like the size of your mainframe!"). But I mostly love the new "glitch" guns, and their unpredictability, though they're pretty well powered when they're not glitching, and even more when they are.

*Almost all the way through. I can't get past the final boss. I recommend starting the DLC when you're at around level 30 or 31, and you should level up about 5 or 6 times before you get to the final boss, but even at 36, the boss is too much for me. I might be able to kill him if I take my time and keep moving, but the platforming and hecticness of it all would be too much for a sustained campaign. I might just grind somewhere else and come back later.

Last edited by slop101; 04-05-15 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-18-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Okay, I'm playing this now with my best friend online in the Handsome Collection : Is this game MUCH harder than BL1 & BL2 or did we just forget how to play? We're dying a hell of a lot here and I'm pretty frustrated right now.

Alternative theory : Maybe I just used the auto-turret way too much before and didn't realize how many times it saved my ass.
Old 07-26-15, 05:32 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

i've seen some walkthroughs, read some as well, but for the life of me can't get past the first real boss battle - Deadlift. can someone give me some tips to kill this guy?

i've got sucky weapons btw and the sniper rifle i have seems to make the only dent, but i can't get him and keep moving with all the stuff going on. i know i suck!
Old 07-27-15, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

We've been on the pre-sequel pretty solid for several days now and both of us are at Level 19. We're not dying so much but we're getting a bit frustrated by the constant back-and-forth to complete just a mission and when one almost gets done we're given another one that has us going all over the maps.

We played BL1 & 2 and I don't recall this much back and forth like those. We almost finish one but get two more missions to complete that one which is somewhere on another map. The other problem is we're just not getting anything loot wise. I'd say about 97% of the weapon crates we've opened are White & Green. We're seeing very few Blue drop or even in the weapon boxes.

But we are seeing plenty Purple items for sale and the other day saw our first Legendary in the vending machines. But the problem is money, since the good items cost about half of the money we have and we're seeing $4-$10 in lockers and boxes. The White & Green items we get all the time just don't sell for enough so you're stuck with a few Blue and mostly Green items to use.

I'm doing something I did in BL1&2....just constantly reload the game, spawn into town, run around loot everything including White items, sell what you get and reload again. I actually got a Purple SMG out of a locker the other day, White items are selling for $110 or so while some Green items are $220 average. Don't sound much but with the money, moonrocks and guns it starts to add up. I had enough last night when one vending machine finally offered a Legendary Shield...Whisky Tango Foxtrot which I bought...at about $12,000. But that's just it...so far only Purple and (5) Legendary items have been offered in the vending machines.
Old 07-27-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grinding doesn't really pay off in Borderlands Buzz. The drops scale up as you progress through the story...more money in cash drops and weapons that are worth more. My advice is to just use whatever you get as you go through the story until you hit the level cap, and then farm the specific legendaries that you want at that point because they'll be max level.
Old 07-27-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Grinding doesn't really pay off in Borderlands Buzz. The drops scale up as you progress through the story...more money in cash drops and weapons that are worth more. My advice is to just use whatever you get as you go through the story until you hit the level cap, and then farm the specific legendaries that you want at that point because they'll be max level.

Well unfortunately we need to get money somehow. We're at that point when we die it's about $2700 a death. Doesn't sound like much but when you have somewhere around $30,000 and you're looking for something good to help out like at decent shield which costs around $3000+ or a mod or maybe that one Purple item at $9000...then you need to do a little.

That first character is always a bit tough as I recall with BL1. But what I did was stagger...ladder all my characters in BL1&2 so I kept handing down items from one after the other which made playing all them far easier not worrying about getting good stuff or money. When you have a Level 15-25 and the other character hands down Level 50-60 gear to sell, you can pretty much buy anything not worrying about grinding. Just cannot do that now
Old 07-27-15, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do they still give away golden keys on twitter? I would always use a golden key every few levels and get a couple purple weapons. A good purple gun can last for multiple levels, especially early in the game.If you don't get the type of weapon you like, you can just sell it.
Old 07-27-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I am playing the pre-sequel on the PS4 and I am a level 17 and stuck on a boss fight. Anyone at my level or higher willing to jump in and play/help me with the boss? Thanks!
Old 07-27-15, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Golden Keys:

Pre Sequel Keys

There is a page for BL2 as well.
Old 07-27-15, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I am playing the pre-sequel on the PS4 and I am a level 17 and stuck on a boss fight. Anyone at my level or higher willing to jump in and play/help me with the boss? Thanks!
I'm at 19...which Boss?...I'm playing the Enforcer by the way. I think we just did a main story mission called "Lets build A Robot Army"....I have no idea which side mission since it seems like we have 3-5 going on all the time.

On these code keys...does anyone know if they still work? I read most of these expired at the end of March. I cannot find anything about codes working especially after the Handsome collection went on sale. I did find this YouTube video showing a bunch of codes but guess what...they expired Sunday.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GQxF5zN5SgQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-27-15, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
On these code keys...does anyone know if they still work? I read most of these expired at the end of March. I cannot find anything about codes working especially after the Handsome collection went on sale. I did find this YouTube video showing a bunch of codes but guess what...they expired Sunday.
I get my codes from the Borderlands' Twitter. They've been generous too with the drops. But something I discovered that is annoying and stupid: a code marked for XBox One/360 or PS4/3/V can only be redeemed once per console family and the key(s) will only show up on the console that did the redemption.

I have Borderlands 2 for PS3 and Vita, if I redeem the Shift Code on Vita then the keys are only good when I'm on that system. I can't use the code again on my PS3 copy nor can I use the keys when I'm on the PS3. If I redeem on PS3 then again I can only use the key on my PS3 copy and it is invalid for the Vita.
Old 07-28-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...I'll have to check their Twitter page. Know if they post anything on Facebook? And on the link Gooter provided the last four codes on the list for the PS4...I believe the last one is the only one that worked for me and it gave out (5) Keys.
Old 07-28-15, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks...I'll have to check their Twitter page. Know if they post anything on Facebook? And on the link Gooter provided the last four codes on the list for the PS4...I believe the last one is the only one that worked for me and it gave out (5) Keys.
Thanks for that code you sent me! I put it in last night and added 5 keys to the 75 or so that I already had. My biggest problem in the game is knowing what weapons to get rid of to make room for new ones. I have 33 slots in my backpack and they are all full 99% of the time.
Old 07-28-15, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep...that picking and choosing what to trash and keep can be a issue. Didn't have it with BL1&2 since I played all the characters, staggering them as I went and just kept passing everything down. At the end I had all banks with each character maxed out with Purple & Legendary gear and still had to ditch some good stuff.

One reason why I did get my "Jack" character to the City....and I might end up playing him after all. If I get time I might try another I or 2 just to use their Bank. It was a bit easier with Pandora and Moxie's using a Mull with each character.
Old 07-28-15, 11:58 AM

finally killed Deadlift. are all the bosses this tough?
Old 07-28-15, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Deadlift was tough for us in the beginning too. The bosses got easier because we were able to get better gear, and the ground won't electrocute you (screw that).
Old 07-28-15, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by mh4268
Deadlift was tough for us in the beginning too. The bosses got easier because we were able to get better gear, and the ground won't electrocute you (screw that).
good to know. thanks.
Old 07-28-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Deadlift is unfairly hard in my opinion. The only good loot he dropped was the Jack O'Cannon for the Bloody Harvest event. No other boss, not even the raid bosses are as difficult as his fight.

And on True Vault Hunter mode, he is much, much, much worse.
Old 07-28-15, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by emachine12
Deadlift is unfairly hard in my opinion. The only good loot he dropped was the Jack O'Cannon for the Bloody Harvest event. No other boss, not even the raid bosses are as difficult as his fight.

And on True Vault Hunter mode, he is much, much, much worse.
if it weren't for the weak ass sniper that did some shock damage and some patience i never would have got through it and almost asked to partner up with someone...
Old 07-30-15, 05:08 PM

i gotta say that i am rejuvenated playing VG's again while playing this one. but, the objectives i never would have figured out without some online help.

i mean how the fuck are you supposed to know to keep and use that nova blast shield to kill power to four security cameras simultaneously in order to get to Springs' safe??

still having fun, but some are just ludicrous to me.

love the new setting and O2 consumption worry. adds new wrinkle. really impressed they made it so fresh. though i am level 7 and have shitty stuff thus far...
Old 07-30-15, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i gotta say that i am rejuvenated playing VG's again while playing this one. but, the objectives i never would have figured out without some online help.

i mean how the fuck are you supposed to know to keep and use that nova blast shield to kill power to four security cameras simultaneously in order to get to Springs' safe??

love the new setting and O2 consumption worry. adds new wrinkle. really impressed they made it so fresh. though i am level 7 and have shitty stuff thus far...

Don't feel bad....we got the shield and got sidetracked on other side quests and sold them both. My friend had to go into her other character, pick it up, put it in the stash so we could go back and use it. We're both at level 25 and still seeing just White & Green drops though we did see a lower level Legendary grenade drop the other day...like a Level 14....on a older side quest. We have seen about 5-6 in the vending machines in town....a couple of shields, grenades and a Oz one. I used one of my Gold Keys yesterday and got two Purple; a Laser and Shotgun that helps out a lot.
Old 07-30-15, 06:42 PM

Don't feel bad....we got the shield and got sidetracked on other side quests and sold them both. My friend had to go into her other character, pick it up, put it in the stash so we could go back and use it. We're both at level 25 and still seeing just White & Green drops though we did see a lower level Legendary grenade drop the other day...like a Level 14....on a older side quest. We have seen about 5-6 in the vending machines in town....a couple of shields, grenades and a Oz one. I used one of my Gold Keys yesterday and got two Purple; a Laser and Shotgun that helps out a lot.

i don't even have a decent shotgun. have one, but it is terrible. i do like my 8 mag pistol with sight that does electrical damage as well. use that and a sniper rifle and so far so good, but some of the obscurity in quests is insane, but i do like the variety...
Old 07-30-15, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That pissed me off. I just happened to have shock grenades and tossed them all around the room and luckily triggered what using the shield would have. Dumb to think we can and will hold on to all of the things that we acquire.
Old 07-31-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

So my partner and I finally tried this out last night. Neither of us have done first person shooters before with a console controller. Both found it way to difficult (frustrating) to play Wish there was an easy mode
Old 07-31-15, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got somewhat lucky last night...I've been just running around the city with my Enforcer (Level 25) re-spawning in and collecting money, moonrocks , gear in boxes and checking the vending machines. I came across a Legendary mod but for my "Jack" character at Level 24. Seeing more Purple items in the vending machines but they cost a arm & leg

I played my "Jack" (Level 8) character more last night and three of us are at the same location...A New Direction. I hope we can all play together since it's been a long time I've played with three at the same time.

It might be a good idea if some post their character, level and maybe what they're looking for. I keep an eye open for stuff in the vending machines for my friend playing the Baroness like mods, shields, etc...I've even picked up some of the character skins and passed them to her. I tend to watch for the Purple and Legendary items only. For me I've got....

Jack at Level 8
Enforcer at Level 25

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.