Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Adam Sessler Has Left Revision3

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-14, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Adam Sessler Has Left Revision3

Former 'X-Play' host Adam Sessler leaves Revision3

Adam Sessler, a longtime host of programming including X-Play on G4, TechTV and ZDTV, has left his most recent role at Revision3 as editor-in-chief and executive producer of games content after one and a half years.

Sessler confirmed his departure in a post on Tumblr, hinting that his career in the industry will continue on behind the scenes.

"After some incredible achievements over the last year and a half, I am announcing my departure from Rev3 Games and Discovery Digital Networks," he wrote. "Sixteen years in front of the camera covering the videogame industry has brought me to a point where I am ready and desiring to explore new opportunities. While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium.

"The audience, my wonderful and talented co-workers and the last year at Rev3 Games will forever be appreciated for what was accomplished. There never is a right time to part ways with something that has become as natural as breathing, but things do end and now feels right."

According to Sessler's Twitter profile, the former presenter is now president of TheoryHead Inc., a consultance firm for entertainment and media.

Sessler was hired by Revision3 in November 2012 after leaving games network G4 after a 14-year tenure as editor-in-chief. At the time, Sessler said he was reached out to by Revision3 senior vice president of programming and production Ryan Vance following his departure from G4. Sessler would go on to lead the existing team of video game commentators at the games channel, including The Destructoid Show hosts Max Scoville and Tara Long and New Challenger host Anthony Carboni.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/3/5577...aves-revision3

Just found this out. Sad news

He put out some great content and reviews on that Youtube Channel.
Old 04-03-14, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Adam Sessler Has Left Revision3

Not a fan myself, but Sessler basically took over Rev3, even more so after Scoville's departure, so they must be scrambling.
Old 04-04-14, 05:37 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Lots of people leaving Revision3 lately. A shame Sessler left so soon. The Games section/videos have been rather boring lately, and simply not enough content.
Old 04-08-14, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

I basically stopped watching net cast after Diggnation and TRS bowed out.
Old 04-09-14, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched TRS from the beginning but at some point I missed a few weeks (or maybe a couple of months) and when I checked back they had totally changed the format from one big show a week to daily single topic mini-shows and I was done.