R.B.I. Baseball reboot

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
re: R.B.I. Baseball reboot

Originally Posted by TheKing
$20? Seriously?

Sorry, but it's a $10 game at most. I would have been willing to try it at that price point. At $20, it's a non-starter. I can wait another month for The Show.
Unless the reviews are awesome, I'm also going to wait until The Show comes out. At least that will have kickass graphics and updated rosters.
Old 04-08-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Ill wait until this is $10... And only if the reviews are very good.
Old 04-08-14, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

yeah, ive waited 20+ years, so i can wait for a few more months for a price drop
Old 10-27-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Bump

Headsup

This is on sale for $9.99 on all consoles. Has anyone purchased it? I was thinking of now getting it since its 50% off.
Old 10-27-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've not read a single good review... I think on the X1 it's $14.99 (and that's the sale price) unless it literally dropped in price today. If they would have just given me RBI Baseball -- shitty graphics and all, with MP support, I'd buy it day 1. Some of these developers over-think these things.
Old 10-27-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
I've not read a single good review... I think on the X1 it's $14.99 (and that's the sale price) unless it literally dropped in price today. If they would have just given me RBI Baseball -- shitty graphics and all, with MP support, I'd buy it day 1. Some of these developers over-think these things.
It was $4.99 on the X1 last Tuesday, price mistake. I don't mind the graphics but they should have added a lot more - diff pitches, home run derby, etc. I keep getting routed and it seems the AI can hit homeruns with ease while I keep getting singles. I don't regret paying $5 for it but I'm not happy either. At least the games are quick which I think is one of the things the developers were going for. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up a GwG.
Old 10-27-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I think I read it is going to be $5 as part of the Xbox special starting next week...
Old 10-29-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

If they would have just given me RBI Baseball -- shitty graphics and all, with MP support, I'd buy it day 1. Some of these developers over-think these things.
Same here. Give me the old RBI baseball but with updated rosters and i'll buy it in a second
Old 10-29-14, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I bought it a few days ago and am pissed at the money I wasted.
Old 03-17-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This year's installment sounds like it will be a lot better than last year's (not that it could be any worse).

MLB.com: All-new R.B.I. Baseball 15 returns this spring

Can I keep stats?

Yes, stat tracking is a key addition that gamers wanted. Track batting and pitching statistics in season mode for the first time. You'll get viewable team, player and season league leaderboards.

What do the ballparks look like?

Look for completely redesigned and authentic ballparks for all 30 franchises, each crafted with detailed design characteristics such as Boston's Green Monster, Chase Field's swimming pool, Citi Field's Home Run Apple, California Spectacular in Anaheim, the ivy at Wrigley Field, Monument Park at Yankee Stadium, guest-room windows at Rogers Centre, Tal's Hill in Houston and the fountains at Kauffman Stadium. Just think how much has changed since the heyday of the original R.B.I. Baseball, as almost every park has been replaced.

The old-school 16-man rosters were a nice nostalgic touch in 2014, but will there be an option to go with today's 25-man roster size?

Those Classic R.B.I. 16-man rosters will be back, but you also will have the ability for the first time to set an active 25-man roster from each franchise's 40-man roster. Modify your batting order or pitching rotation at any point.

With the expansion to include more than 1,000 active Major Leaguers in its roster database, R.B.I. Baseball 15 will include detailed on-field attributes for every player, again updated from the hundreds of millions of data points collected and analyzed by MLBAM.

Can I play against others?

You can choose to play in online multiplayer mode in friendly and ranked games via consoles.

There was one gameplay setting last year. Same or more?

More. Pick your competition level: Easy, Medium or Hard.

Where can I play it this time?

It will be available as a digital download this spring for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and supported Android smartphones and tablets. Also, get ready for the PC and Mac debut. R.B.I. Baseball 15 will introduce availability for personal computers on the Steam platform, coming this spring.

The core essence of R.B.I. Baseball is that pitcher-batter chess match. Will it still have that same feel as you balance the nostalgia with modern gaming design?

R.B.I. Baseball 15 will include the many features added in its offseason while remaining fast-paced and fun to play with the genre's classic two-button controls. You can master the art of hitting and fielding easily with the retro controls and manually manage the movement and location of every pitch from release to crossing the plate.
Old 03-17-15, 09:52 AM

Also, if a mod or admin happens to see this, would you mind changing the thread title to "R.B.I. Baseball reboot"? Thank you.
Old 03-17-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good news, but after playing RBI 14, I'll wait a few years.
Old 03-17-15, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: R.B.I. Baseball reboot

Originally Posted by Matt
Also, if a mod or admin happens to see this, would you mind changing the thread title to "R.B.I. Baseball reboot"? Thank you.
Done!
Old 03-17-15, 11:36 AM

Thanks, Adam!
Old 03-18-15, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I would love a Sega World Series Baseball reboot. =)
Old 03-18-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by csant
I would love a Sega World Series Baseball reboot. =)
Yup, WSB '98 for the Saturn is still my favorite.

Last edited by Gideon68; 03-18-15 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-18-15, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved the High Heat series... but then again, I played everything from Micro League Baseball on my Apple IIe going forward.
Old 03-18-15, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Gideon68
Yup, WSB '98 for the Saturn is still my favorite.
also W.W.Soccer (Saturn) is my favorite as well.
Old 03-18-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I loved the High Heat series... but then again, I played everything from Micro League Baseball on my Apple IIe going forward.
I too enjoyed the High Heat series! Was sad to see it end. I had hoped that when Microsoft purchased the rights to it they would have done something with it, at least to counter Sony's MLB The Show. I think its been about 8 years and we've seen nothing yet.

I also enjoyed the Hardball series and played the original HB game on my Apple IIc. Would love to see that series get a reboot.
Old 04-15-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Operationsports.com gave RBI Baseball 15 a 3/10... not that I was going to buy it.

http://www.operationsports.com/revie...i-baseball-15/