DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/617731-marvel-puzzle-quest-dark-reign.html)

Deftones 02-02-14 11:06 AM

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

Mod Edit: why not join the dvdtalkers alliance? There are plenty of slots left if you are willing to pay for additional space (cost will be somewhere between 1100-2000 hero points depending on when you join). The benefits of a big alliance are worth it, imho. Reply below if you are interested. -Groucho

I am and I'm addicted as hell to it. I know they nerfed a bunch of shit and people are pissed off, but I'm still playing it. I'd like to add some friends via facebook so I can get more gifts and send gifts. I've only got 1 friend as of this point. If anyone playing it and wants another friend, feel free to PM me so we can link up accounts. Thanks.

mhg83 02-02-14 10:59 PM

re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

I was so stoked till i read it was "free" to play. Really wish they'd offer a pay version with everything unlocked. I'll just stick with PQ2

fumanstan 02-02-14 11:29 PM

I'm playing. I'm on the second mission, with Juggernaut still. Been playing for a couple weeks now and enjoying it quite a bit in my spare time.

Deftones 02-03-14 09:44 AM

Dont' let the F2P scare you off. I've progressed quite a bit without paying a dime, but you have to be willing to grind the hell out of the game. I have some pretty solid characters.

fumanstan, if you want to link up, PM your facebook stuff and we can send each other gifts when you get them. it is helpful to stock up on iso and boost.

Groucho 02-03-14 09:49 AM

It's pretty fun. Beats "Candy Crush Saga" and the like.

Seems to me that the F2P element only becomes necessary if you want a big roster of heroes, but maybe I'm missing something.

Deftones 02-03-14 10:28 AM

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

if you want a big roster quickly. i've got 18 different guys and that is from not paying a dime. also if you want to level up quickly with their skills, then pay. grinding away allows you to slowly build your characters.

Groucho 02-03-14 10:37 AM

I reached a point where the cost to expand my roster exceeded the amount of hero points I was getting for free.

fumanstan 02-03-14 11:01 AM

I'm only at 8 guys, and so far it hasn't seemed that easy to earn points to open new slots. I've spent $5 on the game that I used towards new roster spots, but that money was thanks to Google Opinion Rewards which has been giving me free Play credit over the last few months. I feel bad having to sell off guys that I want to keep, even if they were kind of lame versions of other heroes (Dark Avengers Hawkeye and Dark Avengers Black Widow).

Obi-Wanma 02-03-14 11:13 AM

Dark Avengers Hawkeye is actually Bullseye, is he not?

fumanstan 02-03-14 11:20 AM

Yup.

Rob V 02-03-14 11:55 AM

Is this on the iPad or just Facebook?

Groucho 02-03-14 11:58 AM

It's on iPad. It's also on Steam.

fumanstan 02-03-14 12:02 PM

And Android. :p

Deftones 02-03-14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 11999117)
I reached a point where the cost to expand my roster exceeded the amount of hero points I was getting for free.

if you opened up all "quests" make sure you go back and replay all the ones that have hero points. also, grinding some of the events will get you some decent points as well.

Deftones 02-03-14 12:54 PM

I take it back. I lied. I don't have 18 characters. I have 12 and have enough hero points to open up 2 more. I thought I had more, but if I were to open up the characters i have not recruited yet, it would put me at 16.

Raul3 02-03-14 04:23 PM

Downloading now. Hopefully I'll be fine.

fumanstan 02-03-14 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 11999581)
Downloading now. Hopefully I'll be fine.

If we don't hear from you then we'll know something terrible must have happened due to downloading the game :(

mhg83 02-04-14 08:21 AM

Downloaded and have played a few times. Pretty fun. How do you earn gold coins and purple crystals? I've done 4 battles and didn't get any coins from winning. What do you get from winning battles?

maxfisher 04-10-14 07:25 PM

So are people still playing this? I noticed that they've started having events where alliances can rank and earn rewards. Any interest in one for dvdtalkers? Was thinking about starting one if people would participate.

fumanstan 04-10-14 08:02 PM

I'm still playing it a lot.

fujishig 04-10-14 08:34 PM

Hey, I'd be interested in an alliance! My roster is basically two stars that I'm trying to max and getting more 3 * packs (so I'm not that high level).

Deftones 04-10-14 08:36 PM

I still play it. Quite frequently. I'm all for a DVDTalk alliance. I'd ditch the one I'm in no problem. I'm the one who is getting those other assholes free shit. :lol:

Trevor 04-10-14 08:57 PM

I'll join if the extra numbers will help you all, but I'm pretty much done with match3 games. I'm trevor88 in gamecenter.

Groucho 04-10-14 10:41 PM

I'll join a DVDTalk alliance. Are alliances cross platform?

Gambit 04-10-14 11:46 PM

Can this be sideloaded onto a Kindle Fire HD?

maxfisher 04-11-14 05:48 AM

Ok, I created an alliance 'dvdtalkers' for anyone who wants to join. Apparently they only allow 5 members unless you want to use stupid numbers of gold coins to upgrade it to allow more. If we get it going, are actually getting rewards for it and more people want to join, maybe I'll drop a little cash on coins to expand our roster, but I've been not spending any real money on this, so for now we'll stick with the default.

Deftones 04-11-14 08:36 AM

Just joined. I would toss in some cash for coins to build the alliance larger.

Groucho 04-11-14 08:46 AM

I also joined (as "Mister Hand"). You may want to make it private too, if that's still an option.

How much does it cost to upgrade? If we fill up and more people want to join, I will also kick in some coins.

Deftones 04-11-14 09:25 AM

FYI, anyone in the alliance should also link up facebook accounts. that way you get a constant stream of gift ISO from other players.

maxfisher 04-11-14 09:36 AM

I just made the group private. I wasn't sure if that would make it so people couldn't find it, but I don't see any way to invite people, so hopefully it still shows up in searches.

It's $5 (600 hero points) to add a sixth person. I'm not sure if that per-person rate goes up or down or stays the same as an alliance gets larger. If we hit our cap and people are still wanting to join, we can figure out the best way to handle it.

I've thought about linking my Facebook, but don't want the app spamming my friends with 'maxfisher77 just defeated Loki! Download this app now!' crap. If it doesn't do that, I'd be happy to link up on Facebook with everyone in the alliance. I really enjoy the game, but at least on mobile, it sucks at providing info on things like alliances & Facebook linking.

Deftones 04-11-14 09:58 AM

You can change the settings where it doesn't spam your friends. Also, it's just linking accounts of people who play the game, so when they win ISO or other sharable prizes, only the people who play the game get those things. And IIRC, the notifications are within the game only, not on facebook.

T-bone22 04-11-14 10:09 AM

I'm definitely down to join the alliance if there's room.

fumanstan 04-11-14 10:14 AM

Requested to join too.

fujishig 04-11-14 10:27 AM

Requested too. I'll throw in some coin too.

Like I said before, though, my team isn't the greatest. I learned too late that it's better to concentrate on leveling guys with full covers, so I have no maxed out characters at the moment. So if you guys are leagues ahead I don't want to lag behind. Also the hero restriction on this venom event is pretty crappy. I'm not leveling up Hawkeye just to use him here (they really need to boost him or at least allow you to pick the placement of his countdown tiles).

Deftones 04-11-14 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12074896)
Also the hero restriction on this venom event is pretty crappy. I'm not leveling up Hawkeye just to use him here (they really need to boost him or at least allow you to pick the placement of his countdown tiles).

I can agree with this. I have many of the 3 star characters for this event (Psyloke, Black Panther), but they aren't leveled up very much. So I have to rely on my some of my most crappy characters I abandoned long ago, like Iron Man and standard wolverine to even fight. I've got like 3 guys who are 80 and scores more above 50 and I can't use any of them. :lol:

maxfisher 04-11-14 12:57 PM

Ok, I promoted the four of you who'd joined to commander and paid 600 to open up a sixth spot for the next person who wants in. It looks like the price for each new spot goes up by 100. If you're in the alliance and want to join up on Facebook as well, send me a pm and I'll send a link to my profile there.

I flipped through everyone's rosters, have you guys been paying cash, or have you just unlocked that many spots with hero points earned in game? I've been playing just about daily since the day this thread was posted about it and thought I was doing good to have unlocked 18 spots. Seeing as how I finally plunked down some real money to expand the alliance, I went ahead and opened another spot with some of the leftover points, but am still way below some of you in terms of roster size.

Deftones 04-11-14 01:21 PM

Onlypaid once for is. All the coins i have earned are through the game. It is a grind but it shows you can succeed at p2p games.

Deftones 04-11-14 01:25 PM

I just paid 700 to open up a 7th slot.

fujishig 04-11-14 01:57 PM

I opened the 8th slot.

Yea, I paid money, after it sucked me in. Because I started super late, I'm way behind (I just got to the Ragnarok daily prize this week). I'm at the point where I see the top end as almost unattainable, so I don't think I'm going to sink much more in (but we'll see when the next sale is). They seemed to make it much harder for newbies a few weeks ago when they stopped giving out two star rewards at relatively low point levels for events.

I wish I at least did a bit more research before I spent the gold like candy. Man it's tough to level up after around 70 or so...

Deftones 04-11-14 02:51 PM

The good news is if everyone plays regularly, the alliance rewards are usually pretty good. You can build up coins and is quickly.