Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

Treating the wound doesn't help.
Old 02-24-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

fuck, i missed the sale on episode 1. damn it, people, post that shit in the video game deals thread too!
Old 02-24-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Treating the wound doesn't help.
I know it doesn't help in terms of turning into a Walker. BUT we're talking about psychological well being here... It's not a case of chopping off limbs or a risky medical supply run, it's a simple rub on alcohol and sew up the cut. Worse case the victim turns, but knowing that you cared, it makes a big difference.

Again, I find that part of the first episode to be weak... I can write off the carelessness of the bathroom, the undercooked rabbit, out of nowhere dog, but a bunch of adults turning their backs without good reasons? It's no different from the iconic comic book turning point "WE'RE THE WALKING DEAD!"
Old 02-24-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Obviously the game is all about storytelling, the limited options you can make are meant to push the story forward... Here's one thing I can't get over (I don't have a dog so maybe someone with a dog answer me this question).

Spoiler:

Why Clementine was able to calm down the dog before opening the can of beans? Why the dog can't smell the can of bean in the garbage? Do dogs kill for beans anyway? It sounds like a dumb thing that just push the story forward and force the audience to make a "difficult" decision.
I'm a dog owner but not really an expert, but nothing about that really bothered me at all or struck me as wrong or dumb.

Spoiler:
It's normal for dogs to love someone quickly when they get attention and someone to play with them and change mood when they catch a whiff of food, especially if it's been starving and someone tries to take it from them. And I don't think a dog can smell past a sealed aluminum can to know what's in it.
Old 02-24-14, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
fuck, i missed the sale on episode 1. damn it, people, post that shit in the video game deals thread too!
It was also posted in the XBLA thread, along with all the other week-long daily deals that have been going on.
Old 02-24-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm a dog owner but not really an expert, but nothing about that really bothered me at all or struck me as wrong or dumb.

Spoiler:
It's normal for dogs to love someone quickly when they get attention and someone to play with them and change mood when they catch a whiff of food, especially if it's been starving and someone tries to take it from them. And I don't think a dog can smell past a sealed aluminum can to know what's in it.
Fair enough... But still, the whole ordeal makes me NOT want to pet any dog (eh, I generally don't pet people's dog anyway, not a dog/cat person).

For the record, I did
Spoiler:
end the dog's misery. It was kind of sad when I made that decision even though I'm not fond of dogs/cats. I guess what really bothers me is how quickly that dog turned on you. I was definitely not expecting that. I still think the dog encounter is out of place... It's only purpose is to force you to kill it or let it die on its own. And of course, the bite mark that leads to the rest of the episode.

What I'm saying is that since the dog played such important part in the first episode, the story should elaborate a bit more, rather than
Spoiler:
a can of bean... Maybe Clementine finds something belongs to the dog's owner and it somehow triggers the violent melt down? The can of bean failed with me because the dog didn't display any sign of violence when Clementine was opening it. Only after the can was fully opened and you were given the option to share, then the dog turned on you. This gives the dog too much intelligence... I guess they could have made the dog turn on Clementine as soon as she said "oh beans." Not only this eliminates the forgettable option "to share or not" but it would scare the crap out of the audience.

Last edited by Ocelot; 02-24-14 at 03:47 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-24-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MoviePage
It was also posted in the XBLA thread, along with all the other week-long daily deals that have been going on.
post it in the video game deals thread too!!!!!!
Old 02-24-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Fair enough... But still, the whole ordeal makes me NOT want to pet any dog (eh, I generally don't pet people's dog anyway, not a dog/cat person).

For the record, I did
Spoiler:
end the dog's misery. It was kind of sad when I made that decision even though I'm not fond of dogs/cats. I guess what really bothers me is how quickly that dog turned on you. I was definitely not expecting that. I still think the dog encounter is out of place... It's only purpose is to force you to kill it or let it die on its own. And of course, the bite mark that leads to the rest of the episode.

What I'm saying is that since the dog played such important part in the first episode, the story should elaborate a bit more, rather than
Spoiler:
a can of bean... Maybe Clementine finds something belongs to the dog's owner and it somehow triggers the violent melt down? The can of bean failed with me because the dog didn't display any sign of violence when Clementine was opening it. Only after the can was fully opened and you were given the option to share, then the dog turned on you. This gives the dog too much intelligence... I guess they could have made the dog turn on Clementine as soon as she said "oh beans." Not only this eliminates the forgettable option "to share or not" but it would scare the crap out of the audience.
I think you can chalk up most events in the game as simply an event to move the story forward, or elicit a specific reaction for the player.

In this case -

Spoiler:
The abrupt attack is just supposed to be shocking. I don't think there's anything else to it, and is in line with other events and choices in the game so far. It's not so much about the dog having intelligence, but an animal reaction of survival and needing food.
Old 02-24-14, 04:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Saw the bump, thought part 2 was out. Nope!
Old 02-24-14, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
post it in the video game deals thread too!!!!!!
Would you like a PM as well next time, your majesty?

Originally Posted by Groucho
Saw the bump, thought part 2 was out. Nope!
"Early March" according to Telltale. It's an anticipatory bump!
Old 02-25-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I think you can chalk up most events in the game as simply an event to move the story forward, or elicit a specific reaction for the player.

In this case -

Spoiler:
The abrupt attack is just supposed to be shocking. I don't think there's anything else to it, and is in line with other events and choices in the game so far. It's not so much about the dog having intelligence, but an animal reaction of survival and needing food.
Agree... You can't nitpick everything :-) Season TWO pass is $10.99 on PSN as posted in the PSN thread.
Old 03-02-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Episode 2 comes out March 4th on PC and PS3. No word on the Xbox release date, just that PC and Playstation are getting it first.
Old 03-04-14, 07:13 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hrmmmm. Went on my Xbox and seems like episode 2 is out but it won't let me download it. Says download and reads that I have the pass but nothing.
Old 03-05-14, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Episode 2 was better than episode 1. Loving it thus far.
Old 03-05-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Episode 2 was better than episode 1. Loving it thus far.
Episode 2 was crazy! So many "what the fuck do I do?!" moments.
Old 03-05-14, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
Episode 2 was crazy! So many "what the fuck do I do?!" moments.
Agreed! There were many times I let the decisions get down to the end of the timer before I made a decision at the last second. I really enjoyed this one.
Spoiler:
I was worried early because the achievements were popping pretty fast that this would be a short episode...but that last segment at the lodge was pretty long and intense. I also noticed my ending scores were right in the middle of everyone. Not sure if all the crazy moments had anything to do with that, but thumbs up TellTale on this chapter.
Old 03-06-14, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Barth
Agreed! There were many times I let the decisions get down to the end of the timer before I made a decision at the last second. I really enjoyed this one.
Spoiler:
I was worried early because the achievements were popping pretty fast that this would be a short episode...but that last segment at the lodge was pretty long and intense. I also noticed my ending scores were right in the middle of everyone. Not sure if all the crazy moments had anything to do with that, but thumbs up TellTale on this chapter.
My game crashed after I finished the episode, so I didn't get to see how my choices compared. I'm pretty bummed about it.
Old 03-06-14, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

I see that I went with the majority and
Spoiler:
went to find Kenny, but that seems to have been a mistake. Could have avoided a couple deaths
Old 03-13-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Is the Season 2 engine the same? I play on ps3 & vita, and it seems quite sluggish, especially between "Scenes". is that the same, or is it smoother now?
Old 04-15-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This episode (two) seemed to be smoother than ones before it, but it's still got that Telltale jank.
Old 04-18-14, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finally played episode 2, and didn't care that much for it. I think i'm not sold on all these new characters yet, and I spent more time being annoyed at why they wouldn't tell me why they were on the run

Spoiler:
The shooting of Matthew and reveal to be Walter's "partner"? was tough though. Stupid Nick! After I defended him earlier! I thought it was a bit obvious that Carver was the guy from earlier, and the girl you see is a scout though. In my game, I told the truth so Nick is still alive, as is Alvin
Old 05-08-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk God

burned through 400 days and these 2 episodes the past 2 days. loved them, although episode 2 seemed a bit stronger. really enjoyed them bringing kenny back. i pretty much went with him on everything, since he's someone you know you can trust.
Old 05-09-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

looks like episode 3 hits next week. yay!

<iframe width="674" height="382" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WBf6YO7BZfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-15-14, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

episode 3 was pretty good. i liked that they called back to the
Spoiler:
zombie guts smeared on them to help them escape

that was a fucking awesome ending, though.

since the
Spoiler:
villain is gone, i wonder how they where they will go from here
Old 05-15-14, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, wrapped it up last night as well. Telltale really knows how to end an episode and leave you wanting more. Also, when the game saved for me it seemed like those black screens were up for 30 seconds...but then the usual Telltale engine jank was nowhere to be found. They made me quite happy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.