Save the Last Humans! Resogun: Thread of Chaos

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts
Re: Save the Last Humans! Resogun: Thread of Chaos

Resogun Blasting to PS3, PS Vita on 12/23

+ Posted by Pedro Sousa on Dec 05, 2014 // XDev Studio Europe

Epic explosions; voxels crumbling in raging torrents; impossible maneuvers to dodge dozens of enemies. One year later, Resogun is still as mesmerizing as it ever has been on PS4, and I’m pleased to announce today that Resogun is coming to PS3 and PS Vita for $14.99. That’s right Resofans, starting December 23rd you’ll be able to save the last humans anywhere, anytime.

The development team at Climax has done everything possible to make the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game the very best they can be for each device, and I think you’ll be very impressed with what they have managed to achieve. Picking a game that was created specifically for PS4 and bringing it to PS Vita and PS3 is very difficult, and the hardest compromise to accept during development, especially in regard to performance and graphics, is that these platforms don’t have the capability and power of PS4.

Duly, the biggest technical difference is that the PS Vita and PS3 games run at 30 instead of 60 frames per second. This was a very difficult decision to consider, but a very necessary one to allow the team to focus on what was possible and to make the best game possible for both of these platforms. The framerate is locked, so you can expect solid performance even under a big storm of voxels.

It’s a great achievement that all of the features present in the original PS4 release are here in the PS Vita and PS3 versions and that the game is as addictive as ever, in great part due to having been tuned specifically for these versions.

The results are amazing, and having also worked closely with the team at Housemarque throughout this past year to help them create the expansions for the PS4 game, I’ve especially enjoyed playing the PS Vita version, with plenty of people looking over my shoulder in disbelief at how the game looks and plays.

Because we don’t want you to miss anything, the PS3 and PS Vita games have cross save functionality, so you can share your progress between both platforms.

The PS Vita version also has ad-hoc co-op so that you can team up with a friend. It also makes use of the touch features so you can fully customize the controls, using either the face buttons or the touch controls for any action possible. You can even throw humans with a swipe of your fingers on the rear touch pad!

I am pleased to confirm that these two versions will be cross buy — so if you own Resogun on your PS4, you will be able to download these for free!

We are officially declaring December as Resogun month, so stay tuned for more news about the PS3 and PS Vita versions, details of the next PS4 expansion, and much more. Thank you for reading and sharing!
Old 12-05-14, 12:09 PM

Resogun: Defenders Expansion Pack Revealed

+ Posted by Ian Pickles on Dec 05, 2014 // Producer, XDEV

Hey there, Resogun fans. Ian Pickles from XDEV Studio Europe here with some big Resogun news coming straight from our good friends at Housemarque.

As some of you may have seen in our last update, we’ve been busy working on the final expansion pack for Resogun, and are pleased to announce that Resogun: Defenders will be with you in early 2015. The Defenders DLC will be $4.99, and is also included in the Season Pass if you’ve already pre-purchased the content.

We’re really excited about this expansion and can’t wait to share some more details with you over the next few weeks. What we can share right now is that the expansion will feature 2 all-new game modes — Protector and Commando — new ships, and all new planets featuring some of our most detailed artwork to date.

We’ll also be releasing a major content patch for all players alongside the expansion pack. This patch, code named “Challengers” will update the game with new challenges and feats stretching across all existing game modes and will let you earn challenge points to increase your rank as a Resogun pilot. The patch is a free update for all Resogun PS4 owners.

What’s more is that we’re very pleased to announce that both the content patch and expansion will be available to play this weekend exclusively at PlayStation Experience in Vegas!

We’ll be back here in the coming weeks with lots more information regarding the patch and expansion, so stay tuned.
Old 12-05-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cross buy Vita version?

And more content?

Shut up and take my money.
Old 12-05-14, 01:21 PM

No money to take - I spent the whopping $7.99 on the Season Pass already assume you did the same.
Old 12-05-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, "Season Pass" really means "season pass" in this case. Sometimes I forget. Good stuff.

Will be interesting to see the Vita version.
Old 12-22-14, 11:06 AM

Resogun comes to PS3 and PS VITA tomorrow. Cross-Buy title so free for us who grabbed it at PS4 launch.
Old 12-22-14, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The perfect kind of game for the Vita. Can't wait to try it, should look gorgeous.
Old 12-23-14, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent! Just in time for my Xmas road trip.
Old 02-12-15, 03:29 PM

Resogun Defenders Blasts Onto PS4 Feb. 17th

+ Posted by Ian Pickles on Feb 11, 2015 // Producer, XDEV

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qGKkFsjLbDs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey all, Ian Pickles from XDEV Studio Europe here and I’m pleased to announce that Resogun Defenders, the second expansion for Resogun, will be available in a little under a week from now on February 17th for $4.99 and is free of charge to all existing season pass owners.

The Defenders expansion brings with it a huge amount of new content for the game and we’ve worked really hard to make this final expansion a fitting send off for Resogun.

What’s more is that in order to prepare you for the arrival of Defenders, we are pleased to announce that our latest content update, Resogun Challengers will be made available free of charge to all players as of today!

Resogun Defenders takes place during our last stand against the overwhelming Sentient forces. Pushed back to an unknown planet you will take the fight to the bad guys in two all new game modes. Protector and Commando.

Protector Mode sees you taking to the skies to defend one of the last human colonies remaining. Utilize all new power-ups including Super Boost, Teleport, and automatic city defences; take down the enemy and deliver as many of the last humans to each city in order to extend your grip on the planet. Protector Mode features an all new planet flip mechanic and environmental hazards such as volcanic meteors to avoid while fighting off the never-ending enemy invasion.

Commando mode lets you play as the Last Human who was left behind. Stranded on a distant planet with only a mini-gun to defend him he takes the fight directly to the Sentients in the ultimate arcade revenge mode. Jump, boost and equip your favorite bandana as you aim to defend your home from waves of enemies, volcanic meteors and more in this all new mode.

What’s more is that Commando mode supports both cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes. Team up with a friend to fight the good fight or turn against each other to outsmart your opponent and destroy their house from under their nose. We’ve named the competitive mode Battle Mode and hope you have as much fun fighting it out with your friends as we have had here.

Resogun Defenders also includes an all new Trophy set for you to achieve and leaderboards to climb to prove your worth as the best pilot out there.

So as mentioned above we need to update the game to get it ready for the arrival of Defenders and that gives us the opportunity to add a bunch of new content for everyone free of charge while we do it! This brings us to Resogun Challengers, our all new content update launching today for all players.

Resogun Challengers is the largest content update to date for the game and brings with it a new system of player levelling which is achieved by earning Challenge Points as a reward for completing new challenges and feats across all existing game modes.

Challenges task you with playing a specific level or game mode with different rules or modifiers designed to provide a new challenge. Can you rescue 200 humans in a single level if every enemy drops one, or better yet can you complete survival mode using the Super Stardust Ship?

Challenges change things up and give everyone a reason to revisit all Resogun game modes for a new experience.

Performing well will award Challenge Points which will advance your player level higher unlocking rewards and bragging rights.

Alongside the Challenges we have also included Feats. These are long goals that are tracked across all game modes and award Challenge Points for achieving huge milestone goals. Have you rescued a cumulative 1,000 humans or just dodged 13 wrecking balls in Demolition Mode? There’ll be a Feat and reward for that. Only a true Resogun Hero can ever hope to achieve all the Feats but we’re sure you’ll have fun trying.

Human Gallery and Photo Mode

The Resogun Challengers update also contains an all new Human Gallery to organize and select your collected Human types, and the much requested Photo Mode which allows you to pause and capture stunning screenshots of all the voxel based action exploding on screen. We’re looking forward to seeing some of the shots captured by the players.

To top it all off, the Challengers Update also contains a bunch of new Trophies for you to earn — designed around the challenges and feats these will test the skills of even the finest Resogun pilots out there.

Finally I’m happy to announce that for those of you that have yet to play Resogun there has never been a better time. To celebrate the launch of Resogun Defenders we are offering 33% off the retail price of the full game for the next two weeks. Additionally, anyone who purchase the season pass will immediately gain access to our previous expansion, Heroes, and the additional humans available in the store.

We look forward to launching Resogun Defenders and can’t wait to see you all climbing the leaderboards and beating the biggest challenges ever seen in Resogun. We’ll be back soon with more Human news and updates on the Original Soundtrack for season pass holders.
Old 02-12-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

You are not Pickles... you are Decker!
Old 02-12-15, 04:36 PM

I often eat pickles and occasionally quote them as well!
Old 02-13-15, 08:30 AM

Carnival and Teddy humans are in game now.
Old 02-13-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Free shit for a great game?

Based Housemarque.
Old 03-07-15, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

New DLC is out. Finally got around to trying all the new modes. Protectors is my new jam. It's basically the main game without a final boss. There is a pseudo-boss that can destroy your base, but you can rebuild. Just saving humans until you die.

Commando is pretty cool too. You run around as a person, er commando, on the ground shooting up at the asteroids and ships raining down on you.

Trying out a screengrab (new feature). Final shot of my 20m run. As always it was a dumb move that did me in. I could have gone a lot longer. Alright challengers, I need some people on my leaderboard.

Old 04-17-15, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Put about a half hour in Demolition yesterday. That mode is incredibly addictive. This game is so good that I feel actual palpable guilt for not playing it more and dominating Decker's scores.

And I think I just decided that I'm buying everything Housemarque ever releases for full price at launch, because these guys have been fucking killing it for their past 4-5 games (SSD and SSD Delta, Outland, Dead Nation, and Resogun).

Next up: Alienation (pre alpha footage)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SvwcANvd72c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-17-15, 09:39 AM

Beating my lowly scores shouldn't be anybody's ultimate goal.

I forgot Hiusemarque made Outland. I didn't get into that one, though it was pretty difficult.
This new one looks kind of interesting. Actually looks a lot like Halo Spartan Ops, but I hope and assume it plays a lot better. That music though - yuck!
Old 04-17-15, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Beating my lowly scores shouldn't be anybody's ultimate goal.
Same with your times in Driveclub.
Old 04-17-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
I forgot Hiusemarque made Outland. I didn't get into that one, though it was pretty difficult.
It was hard, and I didn't finish it, but made it a long way in, and had a great time with it. One of the better Metroidvanias I've played for sure.

This new one looks kind of interesting. Actually looks a lot like Halo Spartan Ops, but I hope and assume it plays a lot better. That music though - yuck!
I expect it to play a lot like Dead Nation.
Old 04-17-15, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gooter
Old 04-17-15, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooter
Old 05-19-15, 11:55 AM

although i might not the best player in the world, but, i utterly love this game; brought it last year when i got a PS4 and haven't looked back, plus the new content [free and paid] is actually very good.

its my favorite current-gen game, and its very good on the PS3 / Vita as well, although no 'extra' content at the moment and only runs at 30fps

i'm glad to see others here enjoy a good game :-)

please add me for some leaderboard fun PSN: ultravioletblade
Old 06-10-15, 01:04 PM

Resogun Soundtrack, Wipeout Ships, New Human Packs Out Today

Posted by Ian Pickles on Jun 10, 2015 // Producer, XDEV

Hey all, Ian from XDEV Studio Europe here with a bunch of news for all Resogun fans out there. At long last we are pleased to announce the Resogun original soundtrack is available to download today on PS4. Featuring all 17 tracks from the game, including the famous main theme.

The soundtrack, composed entirely by the hugely talented veteran games composer Ari Pulkkinen, reflects the arcade history of gaming and features modern electronic genres and styles fused with classic gaming themes and sensibilities, creating a lively pulsating soundscape which resonates with the spirit of Resogun’s explosive action.

The PS4 soundtrack allows you to listen to the tracks alongside high quality images from the game and also download the tracks to take along with you on any digital music player. The Resogun original soundtrack will be available to download today on PlayStation Store and is priced at $7.99.

The Anti-Gravity Racing Championship’s most famous Ships have arrived in Resogun. Utilize the Feisar, Piranha, Auricom, AG Sys, and Qirex crafts to take the fight to the Sentients.

Each ship has been specifically modelled to represent its Classic Wipeout look and feature custom attribute set ups to reflect their strengths in speed and weaponry.

These ships are perfect for fans of Wipeout and Resogun alike, and we’re proud to add the Wipeout Ships to the ever growing roster of Resogun craft.

Ships are available today from PlayStation Store priced at $1.49 individually or $3.99 as a bundle.

Finally we’re pleased to announce that the next three Human Packs are available today. Each pack features 2 different Human types that normally only unlock on specific days of the year but are being made available here for the collector types.

Human Packs 3, 4 and 5 will be available today on PlayStation Store and are priced at $0.99 each.

All content announced today will be available to download for all season pass owners. If you’ve not purchased the Resogun season pass then there really has never been a better time. Priced at a bargain $7.99 it includes all content released today as well as the Heroes and Defenders expansions and all previously released Human Packs.
Old 06-10-15, 01:58 PM

as a big fan of the wipEout games i got the ships even without the season pass
Old 01-31-21, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So I've been playing Resogun again like it was a PS5 launch title.

I've been trying to top my high scores in Survival, Protector and Demolition without much luck the past few months. Today was the day. My high for Survival has been sitting at around 12m for years. I could always get within a shot of cracking it but I'd panic and die right before topping it. Not only did I top it, I freaking shattered it. 20 million. Crazy.

So interestingly, I have most of you guys on my friend list but only two of you (TheScott75 and frizby) show up in my high score list. Seems like everyone played all these modes so I wonder why no one else pops up? Weird.

And scrolling back through, whatever happened to chess? Looks like his last activity here was back in 2017.
Old 02-28-21, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know I'm replying to myself at this point but I gotta drop this here in case PSN drops the ball and doesn't upload it.

The following users liked this post:
The Questyen (02-28-21)