Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Old 09-16-14, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Browsing the wiki now. Thanks for the app recommendation.

The Mirage frame looks like a ton of fun.
No problem.

She's definitely crazy to play. You'd think at 20 frames they'd be running out of ideas, but she's really interesting.
Old 09-16-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Final report Goot...edit this morning.

You're all set.

-Rhino Prime cooking
-Vauban cooking
-Shade (next sentinel) cooking
-Karak (next primary) cooking
-Bo (next melee) cooking
-Purchased Aklato (next secondary) for credits
-Clan dojo key cooking

Also grabbed a bunch of prime stuff and opened Europa up.

Left you with about 15k credits after all of the above.

Will post a suggested to-do list for you in a bit.

Last edited by chess; 09-17-14 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-17-14, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Played it for an hour or two last night.

Died on a mission several times and at least twice used the Revive option. Do you run out of those? Can you buy them somewhere? When I went hunting I couldn't find them in my inventory as a consumable and my character sheet said 10/4 and indicated I had the max.

Do you just get so many each mission?
Old 09-17-14, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Played it for an hour or two last night.

Died on a mission several times and at least twice used the Revive option. Do you run out of those? Can you buy them somewhere? When I went hunting I couldn't find them in my inventory as a consumable and my character sheet said 10/4 and indicated I had the max.

Do you just get so many each mission?
You get 4 revives per frame per day (daily reset at 8PM EST). You can buy them, but you shouldn't ever. If you keep playing, before you know it, you'll have enough frames to make revives meaningless.

I have no idea how you had 10/4 unless you bought a bunch. I sure hope not!
Old 09-17-14, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Final report Goot...edit this morning.

You're all set.

-Rhino Prime cooking
-Vauban cooking
-Shade (next sentinel) cooking
-Karak (next primary) cooking
-Bo (next melee) cooking
-Purchased Aklato (next secondary) for credits
-Clan dojo key cooking

Also grabbed a bunch of prime stuff and opened Europa up.

Left you with about 15k credits after all of the above.

Will post a suggested to-do list for you in a bit.
Dude, you're awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-17-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You get 4 revives per frame per day (daily reset at 8PM EST). You can buy them, but you shouldn't ever. If you keep playing, before you know it, you'll have enough frames to make revives meaningless.

I have no idea how you had 10/4 unless you bought a bunch. I sure hope not!
New players get 10 to start with, I had the same.
Old 09-17-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gooter
Dude, you're awesome! Thanks!
No worries. It was fun. Would have been more fun if we'd built that vanilla Rhino though. Excalibur is painful.

It's time to spend some platinum. I almost did it for you but didn't want to take the liberty. Right now, you have 2 frame slots and 10 weapon slots...working from memory here.

You have 200 platinum, and if I were you, I'd buy:
  • Weapons slots: Cost 12p per pair, and I'd buy 5 pairs to get a round number. Total 60p
  • Warframe slots: Cost 20p each, and I'd buy 5 which will leave you 4 after Vauban. Total 100p
  • Orokin Reactor: Cost 20p, and you should buy one and put it on Rhino Prime immediately

That leaves you 20p, which you'll probably end up spending on another Orokin Reactor (for Nova?), but you never know when you might get one from an alert, so it's best to keep the flexibility in case you need another slot sooner. And don't buy platinum from the PSN store. I could give you a comical amount of platinum later for a $20 PSN card, but you don't need it right now.

You'll also want to sell off your less useful weapons after they hit level 30 to open up slots for new ones and for "keepers". Off the top of my head, you should sell the Lato, Braton, Skana and all of the weapons you are currently leveling once they hit 30 (Ankyros, Strun, Sicarus, Grakata). The only exception to this rule is that you need to keep the pistols that you'll later combine into dual pistols (Lex, Bronco, Viper, Vasto, Magnus).

Last edited by chess; 09-17-14 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-17-14, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's talk about builds...

Warframes: Every warframe benefits from power efficiency, because it helps frames use their abilities more often and by extension helps them level faster. So Fleeting Expertise and Streamline are the first two mods I put on every frame after equipping and leveling their most important frame powers. The only defensive mod I use is Redirection (shield size), and that will probably be next. The other defensive mods aren't nearly as useful as they look for a variety of reasons, especially health mods (Vitality/Vigor), because health doesn't recharge. After that you have to think about whether the frame benefits from Power, Duration or Range and mod it out accordingly with the standard mods (Intensify, Continuity, Stretch) and/or with the corrupted mods (Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Overextended). There are decent youtube builds for all of the frames, but I find that my builds are often better, so obviously, I can advise. There are literally hundreds of other mods, and most should only be used on very specific frames and sometimes in very specific circumstances. The balancing of Power, Duration and Range with each Warframe's powers is IMO the best part of the game, because you really have to choose which powers to highlight in most cases. It's the skill tree of the game.

Weapons (Primary/Secondary): This is simpler. Base power (Serration/Hornet Strike) is always the first mod that should go on a weapon because everything is multiplied by that. If you have a multishot mod (Split Chamber, Barrell Diffusion, Lethal Torrent), that should be second, because it saves ammo and increases DPS. With very few exceptions, everything else you put on should be an elemental (fire, electric, heat, cold), as they will outperform every other option in terms of DPS. Ignore slash/puncture/impact damage mods in almost all cases. Also ignore fire rate and ammo increasers with the exception of the nightmare mods that combine them with an elemental.

Also use the above to decide which mods to level up first.
Old 09-17-14, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Excalibur is painful.
Now, you can feel my pain and know why I'm so squishy. LOL

Thanks for the detailed plan and warframe/weapon summary. I will spend my plat as soon as I can. Would love to hear more about how you can get all that plat for a PSN card. It will be hard to sell some of the weapons that kept me somewhat alive during my time with Excal but I will force myself to do it. More sentimental reasons than anything else but I know it is for the better and I will be more powerful.
Old 09-17-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now, you can feel my pain and know why I'm so squishy. LOL

Thanks for the detailed plan and warframe/weapon summary. I will spend my plat as soon as I can. Would love to hear more about how you can get all that plat for a PSN card. It will be hard to sell some of the weapons that kept me somewhat alive during my time with Excal but I will force myself to do it. More sentimental reasons than anything else but I know it is for the better and I will be more powerful.
Excalibur is fast enough that I didn't have too much trouble keeping him alive just knowing enemy AI patterns and map layouts, but he has this annoying extended animation after I drop a Radial Javelin that leaves me exposed for longer than I'd like. It's not so bad on my Excalibur with a potato, a bunch of leveled up mods and some beastly weapons, but playing with yours on Ceres, Neptune and the Void with Radial Javelin being my only realistic means of killing anything was tough at times. And he's not one of my favorite frames anyway...probably bottom 5.

He was actually the reason I couldn't get that Forma the other day. The groups of PUGs I was getting in kept messing up the mission, and I tried to solo it at the last minute. Burned 3 revives. Granted, that was before I even got to look at his build because time was so tight, so that was part of the problem. I'm very confident I would have gotten it with a potatoless Rhino. But I'm pretty sure I got you a couple of Forma BPs in void missions, so it's all good.

I can trade you platinum in any quantity at any time in the dojo. We'd just have to pass the PSN code separately by PSN message (or PM on here, or whatever). $20 will get you 370p in the store (occasionally on sale for $15), and I'd be willing to give you 600p. And don't feel like you'd be shorting the developers, because all platinum was purchased at some point and eventually finds its way back to the source. There's a whole economy of trading in the game, which is where I get all my platinum these days. As an example, a full set of Rhino Prime parts are worth 80-100 platinum minimum.

As for keeping weapons, there are wayyyyy too many weapons in the game to get sentimental about early stuff. All you've seen so far is what's in the market, and there are at least 30-40 Primes (many of which you'll keep) and probably just as many weapons in the dojo research, not to mention the few that pop up only in alerts or from specific bosses. Think of every weapon you build from the market as disposable with only a few exceptions (Soma, Galatine, Akmagnus, Penta, maybe one or two more).
Old 09-18-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Buzz,

Got a PM from Goot...says he might be on at a decent hour tonight.

I think Kanjji is ready for a Warframe night, and I know I am.
Old 09-18-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's the plan. hopefully by 9p CT.
Old 09-19-14, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's the plan. hopefully by 9p CT.
Very productive night!
  • Nova parts and materials
  • Orokin Reactor alert and cooking
  • Coolant Leak (pretty rare and great drop)
  • First Boltor Prime part
  • Volt and Valkyr alternate helmets (probably wait to build those for now)

When you collect your Rhino, you should level up Rhino Stomp, Iron Skin and Streamline. You'll be able to set him up with Stomp and Energy Siphon at level zero, and from there, I'd put on (in order) Iron Skin, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Intensify (makes both Stomp and Iron Skin stronger), Redirection, and Stretch. Those last two will need some levels too but just a couple of levels on Redirection for now, since you have so much other stuff to level.

Once you get those first 4 mods on Rhino Prime with Streamline maxed, you can probably pass that mastery 4 test, and you'll have access to and should build the Boltor as your next primary. It's a manly gun. Lex will be the next secondary and is the last one you can buy outright for credit. Remember you need to keep the Lex after leveling it to combine with another one. Pick whatever you can afford for melee...hoping you get a BP from an alert or something.

First potato'd weapon...probably Soma at mastery 6 but maybe Boltor Prime if you can get all of the parts. The Boltor Prime is the better gun overall, but it could take a while to get, and you'll love the Soma too.
Old 09-19-14, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, can't wait for RP. The only weapon trophies I have left are all melee based (I think): throwing, pole-arm (I have the Bo), bow, heavy, and daggers. I will want to knock those out too. I have the Bo and a BP for a glaive. I can buy the rest of these weapon types off of the market for creds? Once I knock all of those trophies out, then I will keep swapping new weapons in as I rank older ones.

What are your thoughts on a Warframe night? Doesn't even have to be every week. Obviously, the major problem is our schedules as in order to get some good play time in, you have to stay up later to accomodate my usual schedule. Last night's early start for me does not happen very often (wife was at work :P) so my usual start time is 10:30p.
Old 09-19-14, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you and I would have better luck with a "Warframe morning". I'm an hour later, so I could make a point to be on without having to get up ridiculously early. Also, don't be shy about saying "hi. anybody running anything?" on the clan chat. Clan members will help you.

I wouldn't bother chasing the trophies right now, because they'll all come with the Primes anyway. For now, I'd just focus on cheapest (credits and resources) and most usable low level weapons to bridge the gap between now and mastery 6. But FWIW, you have a bow (Stalker's Dread), and you'll get daggers from alerts. I think the Galatine counts as a heavy, so maybe you could build it next. For throwing, you could build the Kunai now and wait on the Lex. I think you'll like them, but I can't recommend putting a Catalyst on them, because there's always a chance that you'll get the Stalker's throwing knives (Despair) at some point. Or maybe the throwing trophy is for the Glaive, Glaive Prime or Kestrel. You'll get a Glaive BP from alerts or daily rewards I suspect.

For your Prime parts and Credit hunt, I'd focus on Boltor Prime, Bronco Prime, Orthos Prime, Frost Prime and Loki Prime, but you're really in a position to just roll with whatever comes up on recruiting.

You also need to build a Forma for Rhino Prime to give him a "dash" aura polarity for Energy Siphon. Ideally, you'd have it ready to go when he hits 30.
Old 09-19-14, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, we can do mornings too. I would have to stop by 7am CT. Was hoping to get Buzz to join us as well. But, will try the clan thing too.

Roger on the chasing trophies. I already have a Glaive BP from the daily reward.
Old 09-19-14, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was hoping to get Buzz to join us as well.
Buzz does tend to play a little later than I do, and I think he'd generally be game to jump in once he figures out how little Destiny has to offer. It was actually just bad timing last night. You came on just as Mooks jumped in my party chat, which meant there were three of us. If it had just been you and me, I'll bet I could have convinced Buzz and Kanjji to switch over. But I wasn't going to tell Mooks to take a hike either, because he's a great dude (and our clan Warlord).

I feel terrible for not thinking to switch party chats and let them know about the Orokin Reactor alert. Those don't come up very often. But you've gotten two Catalysts and a Reactor so far from alerts, so that's pretty good.

I already have a Glaive BP from the daily reward.
Nice! You have your next melee weapon, and it's actually kind of cool. But I just checked and it's 10 Morphics to build. Ouch. Probably 3-4 runs on Hellas to get that many Morphics.
Old 09-19-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Question on selling items, bp's, etc for plat. Can I sell items to players in the Market or do I have to do it via the Trading chat tab? Basically like the golden days of EQ; zone shouting in the East Commonlands tunnel (anyone remember this?). Anyway to research fair prices?
Old 09-19-14, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Question on selling items, bp's, etc for plat. Can I sell items to players in the Market or do I have to do it via the Trading chat tab? Basically like the golden days of EQ; zone shouting in the East Commonlands tunnel (anyone remember this?). Anyway to research fair prices?
Trading chat tab. I only sell to people who offer a price. I never solicit. It works out and is less painful. But I also have pretty much everything, so I can cast a pretty wide net.
Old 09-19-14, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Orokin Reactor alert. 24 hour gift from the Lotus.

You're all set for Nova now, Goot!

And you could use that Ice Storm for Bronco Prime. It's a pistol shotgun with a 4 round clip. Ice Storm makes it 6 rounds. It's kind of a big deal on that gun, but I don't think I use it on anything else other than the similar Brakk.
Old 09-19-14, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Orokin Reactor alert. 24 hour gift from the Lotus.

You're all set for Nova now, Goot!

And you could use that Ice Storm for Bronco Prime. It's a pistol shotgun with a 4 round clip. Ice Storm makes it 6 rounds. It's kind of a big deal on that gun, but I don't think I use it on anything else other than the similar Brakk.
will grab the reactor tonite. Not home now to grab ice storm.
Old 09-20-14, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Orokin Reactor and Catalyst (both) building
Serration leveled up to 6
Intensify 1 level from max
Nova Parts building, BP bought and enough credits to build her

FYI, Nova will need Narrow Minded leveled up a bit to be functional.

Can't wait for you to see the Angstrum. It's kind of a crazy gun...and pretty powerful if modded properly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xo2mclJBFZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-20-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've popped into this thread a couple time when moved to the top to see what was being talked about and I swear whenever I read the posts in here it is like reading another language
Old 09-20-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
I've popped into this thread a couple time when moved to the top to see what was being talked about and I swear whenever I read the posts in here it is like reading another language
You can say that about most games. Or at least games that have some depth.
Old 09-20-14, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by musick
20+ characters with 80+ powers, dozens of game types, hundreds of unique weapons, probably 1000 mods and a fairly steep learning curve will do that.

But all you really need to know is that it's better than Destiny and legitimately free.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.