Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-14, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

I sit at a PC most of the day at work, and there's no way I'm doing it at home too.
Old 01-04-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HTPC, noob!
Old 01-04-14, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like they nerfed Mag quite a bit on the PC side. Pull no longer completely pulls heavies, it just simply knocks them down. Which means ancients no longer can be one-shotted on that one defense map.

Also, the fucking lasers, now sliding through them doesn't work always, and they knock your shields down to 0. Really, really fucking annoying. I kind of wish they just eliminated them, or at least reduced the amount of times they are used.

There's a new swamp tileset that is really cool, I've only seen it used one this one special event on Earth, but I'm guessing it's used elsewhere.
Old 01-05-14, 10:21 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally crafted a Valkyr...what shit. She is the worst frame in the game. She does have one power that makes her a support god on survival missions, and that is over a minute of 100% complete immunity to all damage and knockdowns ect...This allows massively easy revives and air duty...but that is it. Her attacks while using this immunity are so weak past level 20 enemies it really is just a power you use to revive and pick up air.
Old 01-05-14, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I've got my Valkyr up to 27 but went straight to my new Frost Prime (now 24). I really wanted to get Valkyr being new and all but she really lacks what other Frames have...a total AoE ability. Like you said, Hysteria is her main "Bread & Butter" but it's more centralized on individual enemies and not a group. It's great at dealing damage and makes her her almost immune but in order to be effected you got to find a tight group. lso per the Wiki you're best at having atuo-targetting on. I like it but just not effected as Rhino's Stomp, Mag's Pull or Nova's Molecular Prime, all which can be done in a second.

Rip Line...Ok but only good against Infested and Flesh. Miss your target and you can be pulled right next to them.

War Cry...best served with a group in a area where everyone is close and a mob is right there. Problem is it's buffing the team with Attack Speed and not actual damage. Does buff armor and slow down enemies but most everyone already has Attack Speed in. Damage would've been much better especially on higher levels.

Paralysis...deals 50% Shield Damage but....it's Impact which is good mainly for Corpus, costs 33% of your shield to use and the range early to mid is not that big. But higher the shield the more damage and only costs 5 Energy. Need to have good shield and recharge mods in place.

Rumor has it the Devs might do some fine tuning on her because of all the out-cry. I'm putting her on the shelf till I hear otherwise and will work on Frost and my newly built Ember. For now Nova and Rhino are the goto's
Old 01-05-14, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Valkyr remains built in my foundry but not claimed. I have a shit ton of frames to get through before I even think about her. My take on the frames I've played so far:

Volt: Fun early, weak late
Rhino: Rock solid with two brutally effective abilities, Vanguard Helmet is a game changer
Frost Prime: Slow. Snow Globe is great, but Avalanche isn't effective late
Mag Prime: Pull is great but otherwise slow and boring
Nova: OMFG, the speed, the power, the spectacle.
Nekros: Faster and more agile than he looks. Might get a potato.
Nyx: Chaos is OP and amusing. Otherwise, meh so far.

Frames I have or am building but haven't tried:

Ember
Ember Prime
Vaubon
Trinity
Valykr

The quest for primes continues. I have or have all parts for everything except Sicarus, Orthos and Reaper.
Old 01-06-14, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Had a great time playing with fox and friends last night. Seriously laughed my ass off. Sorry for the other dude crashing the party. He's in another group that I play with sometimes.

We had an epic 40 minute Tower 2 Survival run that would have easily gone to 45 if my Iron Skin hadn't glitched and probably to 50 if we'd had a fourth player with a strong frame. I have to say that a Rhino with Vanguard Helmet and maxed range/efficiency on his stomp is a damn near unbeatable frame. At 40 minutes in, I was on total cruise control, stomping like crazy, navigating through floating enemies and making solo runs for life support.

I also got my last part for Reaper Prime and have it in the cooker. It'll be nice to have at least one other keeper melee weapon. I'll keep going after Orthos Prime as well provided I can tolerate Tower Capture glitches. Now that I have a reliable place to get Orokin Cells, I might end up building all of the Primes.

I forma'd the Soma again to give it a fourth V slot, and it should be good to go now. I might give it 3 builds, each identical but with the different faction mods. I'm back and forth on Heavy Calibur. I leveled it up until the accuracy was decreased by 25%, but that's about as far as I can take it, because one of the charms of the Soma is how accurate it is with burst fire at range.

Today, I think I'm finally going to forma Rhino. He deserves it, and he'll probably get two, one for the aura slot and one to replace Rhino Charge. It will also allow me to run Roar, which I've always wanted to experiment with.
Old 01-06-14, 08:50 AM
gamer for life

Yeah we could have done 50 minutes if the other guy actually had a good weapon. Frost may not be the best frame for survival, but my banshee is very squishy, and he was keeping me alive. The problem is he was using a level 9 grakata, so we had one less guy actually killing which makes the enemy spawn count get out of hand that late in the game.

My friend Kevin (the ex Marine) and I went to school together. I have not actually seen him in over 21 years, but we have spent the last 8 years or so getting on up to 3 times a week and playing games. That is the real reason I love games so much.
Old 01-06-14, 08:55 AM
gamer for life

So what is the perfect Survival build?

Nova and Rhino is a must. If we can stay together the banshee is amazing for the extra damage. Outside that what do you think? Ember would be amazing for infested, but in truth against everyone else the fire would lower our frame rate more than actually do any damage vs level 100 enemies.

A second rhino then? Even though I think of the Nyx as more of a defense guy, I wonder if he would really help after the 30 minute mark as the enemies are bunched up and the nova has them primed. (edit nyx is a girl..lol)

Last edited by foxdvd; 01-06-14 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-06-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool story, and I have a soft spot for Marines (was a Navy Corpsman in the 90s). They're a funny pair, and I'll definitely look for you guys when you're on and on party chat.

Honestly, I wasn't fully properly equipped either. The Soma is a beast, even at level 23 or so (leveled it back to 30 now), but not having the Galatine was holding me back quite a bit. Stomping and slicing is super effective, especially against Ancients, and it saves a ton of ammo. I also think one or two of us could have run the Corrosive or Rifle Amp aura instead of E Siphon. I'd be interested in seeing how far we could push one of those if we planned a bit up front and got a good random map layout.

It also sounded to me like the Snow Globe was super helpful for you guys. I wasn't there, obviously, but it sounded like you guys had set up a "last stand" at extraction while I ran around.
Old 01-06-14, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foxdvd
So what is the perfect Survival build?

Nova and Rhino is a must. If we can stay together the banshee is amazing for the extra damage. Outside that what do you think? Ember would be amazing for infested, but in truth against everyone else the fire would lower our frame rate more than actually do any damage vs level 100 enemies.

A second rhino then? Even though I think of the Nyx as more of a defense guy, I wonder if he would really help after the 30 minute mark as the enemies are bunched up and the nova has them primed.
For survival, 3 Rhinos and a Nova, all with max efficiency and range. Maybe 2 and 2. Everybody could freelance until about 35 minutes, and then you could bunch up in the most active room and spam Prime, Stomp and Roar while one Rhino hits the scattered life supports.

For defense, I'd replace one Rhino with a Frost, but for survival, a long range stomp makes Snow Globe kind of redundant.

Last edited by chess; 01-06-14 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-06-14, 09:21 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by chess
Cool story, and I have a soft spot for Marines (was a Navy Corpsman in the 90s). They're a funny pair, and I'll definitely look for you guys when you're on and on party chat.

Honestly, I wasn't fully properly equipped either. The Soma is a beast, even at level 23 or so (leveled it back to 30 now), but not having the Galatine was holding me back quite a bit. Stomping and slicing is super effective, especially against Ancients, and it saves a ton of ammo. I also think one or two of us could have run the Corrosive or Rifle Amp aura instead of E Siphon. I'd be interested in seeing how far we could push one of those if we planned a bit up front and got a good random map layout.

It also sounded to me like the Snow Globe was super helpful for you guys. I wasn't there, obviously, but it sounded like you guys had set up a "last stand" at extraction while I ran around.
yeah us three were not going to die, but we could not keep the air up...Deen's weapon though really was hurting us.
Old 01-06-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yea...I got a invite from "Kill_by_Zombies" to run a endless defend so to get more of the Mutagen Sample for the research. he mentioned the fun run. We didn't do bad but bailed on getting a good key and I got the Critical error. Also it really got heck-tic and the frame rate got really bad. We had a good mix of Frames and had it down...someone had Vauban with Bastille, Mr Roberts hit them with Banshee's Sonar and I followed with Nova's Molecular Prime. We picked a good bit.

I didn't realize how much of it I had and Kill_by_Zombies told me where to go in the dojo and what was needed. I threw in about (80) Mutagen and took care of the Circuits. I had over 18,000.

He did tell me on what I needed to grab for blueprints and I grabbed the flame thrower and the other one. I went to the other Lab and what's up with the "Acid" guns?

I got my Ember up to (29) and actually really like her. I might throw a Reactor on her. I don't really have her loaded in terms of power strength, efficiency, duration or range but with infested she brings the heat. World on Fire works great (thanks for the tip Chess) and even without a Focus mod it does a lot of damage in a large area...not quite like your Nova but good enough for Xini.

I also toyed with Fire blast and it's pretty cool. I managed to put down two Fire Rings almost same time. Shame it doesn't deal a bit more damage but would be good with another Frame's ability. Interesting combo I did last night on Xini with someone's newly built Vaubon. He threw up a small Bastille and I did the Ring of Fire in the same place...that was an interesting combo as the infested got suspended and Ring of Fire slowly cooked them. Like to see it with Frost's Snow Globe....hmmm...

Love the Paris Prime. It's at (26) and debating to either Forma or Potato it. But I really want to play with a Flame thrower and equip it with Ember using her Accelerate ability.
Old 01-06-14, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah us three were not going to die, but we could not keep the air up...Deen's weapon though really was hurting us.
I wonder between Snow Globe and infinite Rhino Stomps how long we could have holed up there without life support.
Old 01-06-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
...someone had Vauban with Bastille, Mr Roberts hit them with Banshee's Sonar and I followed with Nova's Molecular Prime. We picked a good bit.
I'm glad I got you hooked up with those guys. They're an active little clan, and they are good dudes. I really felt bad for leaving them to go to the GAF clan.

I didn't realize how much of it I had and Kill_by_Zombies told me where to go in the dojo and what was needed. I threw in about (80) Mutagen and took care of the Circuits. I had over 18,000.

He did tell me on what I needed to grab for blueprints and I grabbed the flame thrower and the other one. I went to the other Lab and what's up with the "Acid" guns?
Remember you'll need some mutagen cells to build those weapons, so keep a bit for yourself. I'm currently cranking out the necessary mutagen bits for Djinn and the fieldron probably for Supra.

I got my Ember up to (29) and actually really like her. I might throw a Reactor on her. I don't really have her loaded in terms of power strength, efficiency, duration or range but with infested she brings the heat. World on Fire works great (thanks for the tip Chess) and even without a Focus mod it does a lot of damage in a large area...not quite like your Nova but good enough for Xini.

I also toyed with Fire blast and it's pretty cool. I managed to put down two Fire Rings almost same time. Shame it doesn't deal a bit more damage but would be good with another Frame's ability. Interesting combo I did last night on Xini with someone's newly built Vaubon. He threw up a small Bastille and I did the Ring of Fire in the same place...that was an interesting combo as the infested got suspended and Ring of Fire slowly cooked them. Like to see it with Frost's Snow Globe....hmmm...

Love the Paris Prime. It's at (26) and debating to either Forma or Potato it. But I really want to play with a Flame thrower and equip it with Ember using her Accelerate ability.
My Ember will be done tonight and my Ember Prime tomorrow night. I think I'll probably end up power leveling Ember and selling her off before I start with Ember Prime, and I have a feeling she might end up with a potato, even if I'm not fully sold on any of the frames with elemental powers anymore. Frost's Avalanch hits a wall, and I'll bet the same will be true of Ember's abilities.

Vaubon looks like a lot of fun, and I've had him built for almost a week now. I just know he breaks the game a bit, so I'm hesitant to play him until I'm confident that's no longer a problem.

Of the Prime weapons, I've built Braton, Paris and now Reaper, but Braton is the only one that's gotten any real use thus far. It's good but it's no Soma. I'm thinking I might turn it into an elemental build since it has a higher status chance.
Old 01-06-14, 10:04 AM
gamer for life

I just found out there is a Show Players option in this game. This keeps team health up on the bottom left all the time. This just made running my Trinity that much better since there is a slight delay in chat and cast time of blessing.
Old 01-06-14, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds sophisticated and helpful. Trinity is just health right, not shields?

I mostly just stomp stuff.

I was almost oblivious to what you guys were doing other than a revive or two and trying to manage the life supports (hitting the ones on the fringes or in rooms with too few spawns). I actually was trying to keep some distance from you guys to keep enemies spawning in multiple places, which also explains why I had so many kills. Seriously, a Rhino with more kills than a Nova is doing legitimate work.
Old 01-06-14, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, I forgot to mention...Mastery Rank 9 test tonight!
Old 01-06-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good Luck going for Mastery 9!..I haven't even done the Mastery 5 test yet...keep failing on the last hack. Someone said you can use the Ciphers but I've never used one so not sure. On the pc it's easy by clicking with the mouse.

Forgot to add Mr Roberts did use Trinity in two runs that night. It was a sea of Red Balls and that helped also. If I stay with the clan it might be a good idea to at least build her. I'm not sure who has
what. i played with someone who actually had the Banshee using the Sound Quake...that was different but yea on Vaubon, he's a game changer with that Bastille and paired with another frame like Nova or even Rhino...Wham! Still haven't got all the parts for him yet.
Old 01-06-14, 11:20 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by chess
Sounds sophisticated and helpful. Trinity is just health right, not shields?

I mostly just stomp stuff.

I was almost oblivious to what you guys were doing other than a revive or two and trying to manage the life supports (hitting the ones on the fringes or in rooms with too few spawns). I actually was trying to keep some distance from you guys to keep enemies spawning in multiple places, which also explains why I had so many kills. Seriously, a Rhino with more kills than a Nova is doing legitimate work.
My rhino always gets more kills than the nova if we go past 30 minutes. At that point the blast is no longer killing people. Before 30 minutes it is hard to catch a nova..

A trinity's blessing heals all team members health and shields to 100% and then gives 100% immunity to damage (can still be knocked down) for about 20 seconds...
Old 01-06-14, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My rhino always gets more kills than the nova if we go past 30 minutes. At that point the blast is no longer killing people. Before 30 minutes it is hard to catch a nova..

A trinity's blessing heals all team members health and shields to 100% and then gives 100% immunity to damage (can still be knocked down) for about 20 seconds...
Yeah, it occurs to me that AoE powers that kill primed enemies probably give credit to the player who casted the AoE since the enemies die before the chain reaction. So the stomp is probably pretty good at "keeping" your kills.

Trinity sounds pretty badass, and she's supposedly really great for boss runs. The only problem with her in the context of our "survival optimisation" discussion is that Rhino doesn't need her. If anything, we need more buff to damage, because Rhinos can always pick up Novas if things go pear shaped. The problem that needs solved is that after 35 minutes or so, enemies aren't going down and therefore aren't dropping life support. I don't use Roar, but I might start.

As an experiment, I'd like to hole up at Extraction like you guys did last night with a snow globe a Nova and a second Rhino to keep enemies stunned and just let life support run out. I'll bet you could camp out there for a while with no shields or health.
Old 01-06-14, 02:04 PM
gamer for life

One thing I forget about the trinity is that for single target enemies they can kill anyone in about 20 seconds, even if they are level 150. You can actually glitch this even more by lowering your duration of your skills on purpose so that the energy drain skill only last 5 seconds(it procs 4 times no matter the duration so it actually hurts the skill when you increase the duration) This in theory could make you a killing machine late vs enemies that take 10 clips to kill.

thanks for the advice chess on using the nova for the master level 8 test..worked like a charm.
Old 01-07-14, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck that test...and you're welcome. I cheated in 9 too, but not because it was hard but rather because it looked tedious. It's a stealth run, and Mag's Pull worked nicely for yoinking dudes from a distance.

Not a bad survival run last night, but it probably wasn't smart to send a random invite to a (great) dude who had no idea what he was loading into. At any rate, it was fun and funny watching the same two rewards pop up over and over. In hindsight, I don't know why I didn't bring my Rhino in and continue to level him. The only thing he was really missing was shields, and Iron Skin makes that kind of irrellevant. I hope you don't mind dudes from my friend's list crashing the party chat. I feel kind of bad when they do, but I also don't want to be rude to them.

I collected Ember Prime this morning, and I didn't get a chance to look at polarities or anything but hot damn what a great looking frame! That flaming helmet is the best one I've seen in the game by far. I need to finish power leveling the regular Ember so I can get rid of her.

I also Forma'd the Soma one last time and finally Forma'd Galatine, so I'll be on Xini again tonight to get them back up to spec.

And I should be able to start cooking Djinn tonight. I haven't looked into him at all, but it's something to level up. I'm not sure what to build on the tech side. I was leaning toward the Supra, but I need to research a bit.
Old 01-07-14, 08:31 AM
gamer for life

yeah an ember is not a good warframe for a tower 2 survival...all that might change with the next update though...Accelerant has me excited that I might be able to use my ember outside infested runs

With my current build my ignis does 1400 damge. With accelerant it will 4500 for 25 seconds...

My world on fire does 520 damage per second for 15 seconds in a huge radius...now it will do 1700 damage per second for 15 seconds.
Old 01-07-14, 08:33 AM
gamer for life

that run last night sucked with air drops for some reason..we just had nothing by 40 minutes. We could have easily gone much longer...even with your friends low level frame.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.