Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-13, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

I'm almost certain I'll forma the Nova either with Tactic or Defense in place of one Attack. The other problem I have is the Aura slot. I only have one Aura Mod...Steel Charge and it's Attack. The Aura Polarity is Tactic. Essentially to get what I need I'm using three Mods in different polarity slots.

According to the wiki there are (14) Aura Mods; nine are tactic, three Attack and two Defense. I may leae that slot as is as it's not hurting as much as the Attack slot. Two Attack slots and I have three mods one being Focus which is in. Other two...Provoke and Continuity I can live without.

Speaking of Aura Mods...just where do you have a better chance on getting them? I just have that one and lucky that both Rino and Mag had the matching polarity slot.
Old 12-26-13, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw you on last night and sent a chat request. I was farming an awesome nightmare level. It was an infestation defense on Saturn, and while I didn't get the Hammer Shot I'm still trying to farm for Flash, I was getting an Orokin Cell every second or third run. I was also farming that survival I was telling you guys about on Pluto and was getting some pretty good drops, but not the Split Chamber I was looking for. I also ran Mag Prime for a few rounds yanking dudes off of platforms. I think the randoms I was with were amused.

I recommend leaving the attack polarity and changing a blank one or changing one of your specials if you don't use them all (what I did on Frost Prime). I can't think of a scenario where I wouldn't want Energy Siphon to be my Aura, so my favorite frames will always get that as a first Forma, if they don't already match.

Rhino got a potato last night, and he's a whole new level of fun since I didn't realize that I hadn't bothered to level up his Stomp or extend its range. I was also pleased to find that my Carrier's shotgun already had a potato, so I still have a silver one left. I'm pretty tempted to put it on the Galatine, as I crossed paths with a Rhino while farming Pluto, and he just stayed in one little area Rhino Stomping and Galatine slashing while I managed the life support modules. When I got back to him, the sea of loot he was standing in was stunning.

I also built the last Nova part, and there was an alert last night for a Vaubon part. I think I'm only missing the systems.
Old 12-26-13, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Saw you on last night and sent a chat request. I was farming an awesome nightmare level. It was an infestation defense on Saturn, and while I didn't get the Hammer Shot I'm still trying to farm for Flash, I was getting an Orokin Cell every second or third run. I was also farming that survival I was telling you guys about on Pluto and was getting some pretty good drops, but not the Split Chamber I was looking for. I also ran Mag Prime for a few rounds yanking dudes off of platforms. I think the randoms I was with were amused.

I recommend leaving the attack polarity and changing a blank one or changing one of your specials if you don't use them all (what I did on Frost Prime). I can't think of a scenario where I wouldn't want Energy Siphon to be my Aura, so my favorite frames will always get that as a first Forma, if they don't already match.

Rhino got a potato last night, and he's a whole new level of fun since I didn't realize that I hadn't bothered to level up his Stomp or extend its range. I was also pleased to find that my Carrier's shotgun already had a potato, so I still have a silver one left. I'm pretty tempted to put it on the Galatine, as I crossed paths with a Rhino while farming Pluto, and he just stayed in one little area Rhino Stomping and Galatine slashing while I managed the life support modules. When I got back to him, the sea of loot he was standing in was stunning.

I also built the last Nova part, and there was an alert last night for a Vaubon part. I think I'm only missing the systems.
Yea...when I closed for the night i saw your request and once again didn't notice it. For all I know I was probably running for my life. I did a few T1 & 2 Survival. It comes to a point when you really need to leave and in each case at least two kept on & on. Wasn't a bad night as i got the Seer up to (14) and Hek to (22). I really like the Seer...good power, damage, fire rate and zoom.

Rats...I wish I got in on the farming bit but between early defends, randoms and Tower I was just trying to level up the two guns and get some materials. Maybe tonight...

I got to play with Valkyr for about three missions (mainly Venus Defend) though i had to stay a distance as her shield is a pathetic 50. I spent time reading her wiki and she is an interesting Frame. She doesn't have that one "Bread & Butter" crowd ability like Mag, Nova or even Rino. Nor like them her abilities seemed to be a big + or - for certain enemies...

Rip Line - Can go about anywhere or pull enemies. however does +25% damage to Infected/Flesh but -25% Robotics and -15% Armor

War Cry - Appears to be a great team buffer for melee as it increases allies attack speed and armor while slowing enemies. Using heavy melee with range is a great choice. good for mobs and defend. No increase in damage though

Paralysis - seems a bit tricky and planning to use since it only costs (5) energy but takes 33% of your shields. Deals 50% shield damage with impact so it does stun. I can see this being used in Corpus missions.

Hysteria - I just refer to this as "Berserker" mode since that just sounds like it is. As the wiki says...a ball of rage. Almost sounds like she's invincible during this and deals 300 melee damage. however...the damage is split among Slash, Impact and Puncture so this might not be good for infested since Impact and Puncture is a negative. But it also has a 50% Critical rate and 200% Critical damage. One major positive is according to the wiki Steel Charge can have a big plus on damage which is the Aura Mod I do have.

If you want to do farming or level up Nova let me know. I'm torn as to Forma Nova and starting from scratch or continue to play with Valkyr though I see her in more of a support or special mission role. My gorgon will be ready as well today.
Old 12-26-13, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'll actually log on tonight and play some. Hopefully I'll see you guys on.
Old 12-26-13, 03:04 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'm almost certain I'll forma the Nova either with Tactic or Defense in place of one Attack. The other problem I have is the Aura slot. I only have one Aura Mod...Steel Charge and it's Attack. The Aura Polarity is Tactic. Essentially to get what I need I'm using three Mods in different polarity slots.

According to the wiki there are (14) Aura Mods; nine are tactic, three Attack and two Defense. I may leae that slot as is as it's not hurting as much as the Attack slot. Two Attack slots and I have three mods one being Focus which is in. Other two...Provoke and Continuity I can live without.

Speaking of Aura Mods...just where do you have a better chance on getting them? I just have that one and lucky that both Rino and Mag had the matching polarity slot.
I was on the fence with my Ember on if I should forma my aura spot, but I decided against it because I hope to get different ones down the road, and I don't want to lock myself into it. Almost every warframe I have played has had at least 1 skill I don't use, so I took one of my power polarity spots on my ember and turned it into an attack one.
Old 12-26-13, 03:12 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have also leveled up(forma) my Hek shotgun for the 5th and final time. The sniper of shotguns, this thing is a beast. It currently does 3800 damage per shot and has a 4 shot per second fire rate. The critical chance may be low at 10%, but because I have mulitshot, and it is firing 14 tight bullets per shot, I always crit something on each shot. This also means each enemy always gets a status effect. I am currently using magnetic and fire both, but blast was amazing as well. The 2.1 meter punch through though is the real beauty of this thing. On defense missions if they are in a line each shot not only hits every enemy, but usually they all light up like Christmas lights.

I have my soma up to level 28. I love it, but god it is an ammo whore. I put on the riffle mutation mod and that helped a lot. I really want a split chamber mod, but I have had no luck.
Old 12-26-13, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Funny how you're liking the Hek with the damage and critical hits. Every mission I'm in I've got triple the amount of head shots than everyone else using this so the thing does do it's job. Now to just keep leveling and fine tuning.

yea...guns that are "ammo whores" are both blessing and a curse. I like my Twin Vipers but they eat ammo like Gremlins eat food. So far I've been impressed with the Seer and I'll keep it until I get the parts together for one of the Prime Pistols.

Where have you been flash?....saw you on a few times and sent a message...like me probably running for your life so kind of hard to answer and run at the same time.
Old 12-26-13, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just been busy with family stuff, or playing other things. I ran a couple quick missions over the last few days and that's about it.
Old 12-26-13, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

PSn issues going on...saw over in the support forums. Sent Chess a message thru the game but no response yet.
Old 12-27-13, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty good day...other than PSN issues.

Rhino got a potato, and he's my favorite again
Four frames under construction (Nova, Nyx, Valkyr, Nekros)
Made 50 plat in the market off of keys and duplicate mods
Freeloaded a bunch of Void invites for Forma & prime parts
Got another Vaubon Part (only missing systems)
About to hit rank 8
Opened up most of the map
Old 12-27-13, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey

Sorry once again I missed your invite..twice. the first came when I was eating and the other showing around "9:00"...which I swear i didn't see.

Good to hear you had a good night, just sorry I couldn't do some running with you. Sounds like you've got a handful of Frames...now to get a handful of time. When you're ready for the Nova or other one let me know. I may Forma mine and we can do together or backup on some stuf fto get leveled up.

I've got Valkyr up to (14) and still trying to get use to her. I've put a 320% Shield and Fortitude at 80% recharge in which has beefed her to around 540 Shield. But her health is low still. I got to play with Hysteria and it's different. It's not a large mob effect ability, more centralized but she took down anyone and anything she came in contact with. Paralysis I can see a more crowd effect but it needs Stretch and Focus while making sure to have a very high shield recharge. Something I wasn't aware of and might need to find a way to stick in is combining both Fortitude and Fast Reflection can have a combined 170% Shield Recharge. Never had to worry about recharge and usually just stuck Fortitude in and that's it.

I broke down and got the Color Saturated set...tired of looking at jazzed up characters and mine a bit dull.

Had the "Melee Bug" happen again; this time to Valkyr. I have not seen a response over at the official site on the topic I started except someone post it happened to them as well

Got in a great deal of randoms and got a good deal of invites. I have no idea where or how people are pulling my name out but I'll take it. In fact got in three straight Tower runs by the same bunch...who wanted to send a clan invite?

On the Vaubon parts, I got one on a Alert mission the other night. Like I need another frame. I still lack one part for a Mag & Frost Prime...still haven't used the "Golden T3 Ext" key yet. When I'm ready if you want to run let me know so I'll post two slots are opened.

Not sure if I'll be on tonight or not. it's a 50/50 chance a special 6yr old will be over and if so he always wants to spend two nights. If you see me playing Knack then there's the answer.

Last edited by K&AJones; 12-27-13 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-28-13, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did some tower runs last night. Farmed the parts I needed for Mag Prime, so I got that cooking right now. Never even tried Mag, so I'm looking forward to it.

Melee bug blows. I had it happen in a T2 Survival at around the 20 minute mark. We stayed until a little after 30 minutes, we weren't getting enough oxygen drops. Crazy shit.
Old 12-28-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Freeloading void runs has become my main thing in Warframe, and I did a lot of that yesterday, leaving me one part from having lots of primes (Glaive, Orthos, Ember, Paris, Boar etc.)

You're going to like Mag Prime. She feels a little bit underpowered to me later in the game, but she's undeniably fun. I should have access to Nova tonight.

Events for me yesterday:

- Hit Rank 8, but I have a hard time picturing me passing the parkour test
- Traded somebody a spare Rifle Amp aura for Split Chamber
- Unlocked a bunch more missions (hate when I don't get alert missions)
- Forma'd Soma, and it's right on the verge of being beastly
- Potatoed Galatine, and OMG at the damage I'm doing on charged attacks
- Ran 10 or so nightmare missions, which I'll do until I get another Hammer Shot
- Sold a few things and bought a bunch of slots

Have a Flow for K&A and am keeping an eye out for Streamline for Flash.
Old 12-28-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And logged on this morning to see my last Vaubon part on an alert mission.
Old 12-28-13, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good to hear ya'll had a good time last night, sure wish I got on but some pressing family matters prevented it. My daughter's electricity had a major issue...essentially a bad contacts in the meter...so we'll have company tonight since temps are dropping and can't get an electrician till Monday. Might not be on till late Sunday(?)

Yea, I like the random Tower runs but still with friends are hard to beat. Got two friend request mentioning played Warframe with me and had a good run.

On the Survival Runs...they can be good till a few tend to over-stay and not realize it's time to pack it in. I've got in a few like that where one or two got left behind. Hate it but that's the price of wondering to far and when the heat gets hotter not sticky together.

I do have (1) Flow but if you have several spares laying around I could use one extra. I'll check Streamline though.
Old 12-28-13, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Let me know if you get another one of those Energy regen mods (or see one on alert). Sucks whenever I'm not lucky enough to run with someone that has one equipped.
Old 12-28-13, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Energy Siphon came up twice on alerts the week before Christmas. I wish I'd known you didn't get one of them before I sold my spare.
Old 12-28-13, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
Let me know if you get another one of those Energy regen mods (or see one on alert). Sucks whenever I'm not lucky enough to run with someone that has one equipped.
Yep....I've got three Streamline Mods. I keep one at min and have the other one almost maxed for the Supercharge.

I wouldn't say content but I've got a lot of Mods so far but only one Aura and Focus...enough of Flow. If anything if we get together I need to grab some Orokin Cells. I have the parts to build the Latron Prime but I've barely made a dent in the Gorgon.

I let "Zane" pick out a melee weapon...the Lecta. It really didn't hurt my stash and he knows it hurts the robots. He has been fascinated with the Warframes...likes they slide, loves the different swords with the Galatine his favorite and likes Rino best. While watching a match he said, "no-one gets left behind" when he saw one player go down.

Last edited by K&AJones; 12-28-13 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-29-13, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's kind of neat.

Vanguard Rhino helmet tomorrow morning. So stoked!

Would you guys mind checking your stock of Tower 2 capture keys? I only have two left, but if we could pool resources...
Old 12-29-13, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I might have one.
Old 12-29-13, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been getting a bunch of keys lately. At one time I had (5) Tower 1 Captures alone. I haven't used much Tower 2 but I do think I have two of the captures.

has anyone used the Glaive throwing disc sword? I got the BP for a sign-on but I saw where it takes (10) Morphics. I can probably recoup them later on but wasn't sure just how well this works.

Did get in to two Alerts with an Aura Mod as the reward....one the Sniper Mod and the other Corrosive Projection.
Old 12-29-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, the Glaive is fun, I think mine is close to 30. Farming Morphics isn't too bad. Especially using the Titan Extractors. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally you'll get Morphics from it if you use it on Mars, and you'll get 6 at a time.
Old 12-30-13, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chess...saw you on and sent two messages...like I've got anything to say...

Yesterday was a mixed bag but if anything just annoying. About 1 of every 4 matches actually went without problems. Just a rash of host migration, lagging and mission fails, especially the host migration bit where someone quit in the middle of a battle going on basically abandoning what team was left.

The good part of the weekend...got (3) Aura Mods

I forgot to check my key stash which I'll do when I get in today. While working on leveling Valkyr I picked up some more Tower 1 stuff.

Tower runs were just as bad...lagging just killed a great team on a Tower 2 survial where all four of us were lacking the Mag Prime Systems...got two helmets. And got a invite for a Tower 1 Def who didn't know the lasers could kill teammates nor not to get in front of them.
Old 12-30-13, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty sure Chess just idles in the Warframe menu all day.
Old 12-30-13, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Pretty sure Chess just idles in the Warframe menu all day.
No, I'm fully playing with every minute of free time. I'm like a crack addict for Warframe. F'ing amazing game.

Yesterday:
  • Trolled the chat for Tower invites...great way to get Primes, forma and credits
  • 1 part short of Ember Prime
  • 1 part short of Glaive Prime
  • 1 part short of Orthos Prime
  • 1 part short of...insert other Prime name here
  • Finished Nova...more on that
  • Finished the Vanguard Rhino helmet...more on that
  • Met a couple of nice guys farming for Orokin Cells and set up a party chat
  • Helped them farm a Mag Prime and opened up a bunch of key spots on the map for them
  • Some pretty good alert missions yesterday for Aura Mods
Nova: In short, I'm in love with this frame. I leveled her up to 30 in a day, and I didn't even play her all day, as I was doing a lot of the Tower runs with Rhino or Frost. Holy crap at how absurdly powerful she is. Her Molecular Prime ability combined with Flow, Focus, Stretch and Streamline is simply comical on Defense and Survival runs (had 899 kills in one defense level), and when you kill an enemy with any of your specials, your frame gets 100% of the XP, so you can level her up super fast. My only beef with her is that she has 2 "V" polarity slots, and I don't use a ton of "V" mods on my frames. I'll probably have to forma one of them into a "triangle" today for Redirection, and I'll likely forma one of her special slots as well, as I dont see me using that "ball" ability. Needless to say, she got my last Orokin Reactor.

Vanguard Rhino helmet: Picture Rhino. Now picture him as one of the faster frames in the game with only a tiny hit to the power of Stomp and Iron Skin.

Nyx and Necros will be done today, but I'm not sure when I'll get to trying them out with Nova still being new and Vaubon finishing tomorrow.

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Chess...saw you on and sent two messages...like I've got anything to say...
Did you send the messages on PSN or in-game? Either way, I didn't get them. I did try to join your sessions a few times.

Yeah, lots of bugs yesterday. Warframe and PSN in general must be getting hammered after Xmas.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.